DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

After 527 Years!!!

wheeloftime13

At long last, the last Plantagenet king has been found!!! On August 22, 1485, Richard III faced Henry Tudor (Henry VII of England) in battle of Bosworth Field.... he was so sure of his victory until those whom he needed most deserted him and fought for the enemy... getting so close to his opponent, he downed Henry's standard bearer before being set upon by a large group of men who killed him...  his dead body was treated brutally and was slung on a horse and dragged around so that people could see.... since the Tudors wanted to defame this last and unpopular Plantagenet king, they wrote many stories to put him down as being a tyrannous monster... some stories of his doings such as his supposed murdering of his nephews, the Princes in the Tower, haven't been proven, and never will be unfortunately...  Tudor writers described King Richard as having a hunched back and a withered arm... it has now been proven that he did not have a withered arm, but he did suffer from scoliosis which caused his hunched back.... after he was killed, he didn't receive the proper burial as King of England, and was just buried in the Leicester Franciscan Friary which was demolished.... archaeologists were able to trace where the Friary had once been to a parking lot, and started digging where they found a skeleton.... this all happened in August of 2012, and after months of DNA testing, it has finally been proven that they are the remains of King Richard III... it has been decided that he will be reburied with honors befitting a king and the last of the Plantagenet line....

more information:  http://www.dailymail...l#axzz2Jx1hdcE2

http://www.cnn.com/2...tion_ref_map=[]

just so you know, the above link has many skeletal remain pictures... and some of the wounds inflicted on him before he died made me gag...

R.I.P. King Richard III!!!

article-2273164-17557F00000005DC-774_306

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think there was a tv show here in the UK that looked into whether Richard was the only Legitimate Heir to the Throne and that his Elder brother and thus his nephews were illegitimate. They crossed out everyone who had a claim to the throne via that line and it ended up that the real king or queen was someone in Australia lol

oh... that topic... I do believe his nephews were illegitimate... however, i don't believe that of Edward... I think George started that up and people encouraged Richard to say the same (or if he said it at all, that was because he needed backup for his nephews being illegitimate since the Rivers would've back them up and called it a lie) I was able to trace with my Nene's help people who if the line were inherited by the oldest (be they girl or boy) would've had the throne (we had some help from a lineage tracker online)... my Grandpa Ron's family would be 6th in line after another 5 families... i can't imagine how things would be today if girls could inherit before boys... interesting sounding tv show... i shall have to watch... thank you... :smile:

Archived