DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

It's that old?!?!?

Tsukibana

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes. And the best  thing is that TGS, TOM and AMOL won't be translated in Finnish, because they're not purely by Jordan. I'm not complaining though, now that I've read two books in English, I actually prefer it to reading in Finnish. That way I read slower, and I can think more about what I read. Also, my English gets better, and it sounds cooler than Finnish anyway, at least in epic fantasy.

Here you go- WoT in a completely different language than English! I'm proud to have this kind of strange language :)

This is one of my favorite scenes of the Finnish books, a scene from TDR where Ba'alzamon arrives in Stone of Tear and gets angry for Rand.

"Kahdesti tässä elämässä minä olen tarjonnut sinulle tilaisuutta palvella minua elävänä." Liekkejä lensi hänen suustaan, kun hän puhui, ja jokainen sana roihusi pätsin lailla. "Kahdesti sinä olet kieltäytynyt ja haavoittanut minua. Nyt sinä palvelet Hautain Herraa kuolemassa. Kuole, Lews Therin Suvunsurma! Kuole, Rand al'Thor! Sinun on aika kuolla! Minä otan sinulta sielusi!"

Just look at Ba'alzamon's first quotes in the scene, so you'll find the right paragraph.

Also, you might like to know that "Wheel of Time" is in Finnish "Ajan Pyörä"

Soo... our beloved DM is at that age where she starts sneaking out at night, and thinks a guy with a car is hot.

Nice.

:laugh:  5 points! Can I use this as a siggy quote? 

Yes. And the best  thing is that TGS, TOM and AMOL won't be translated in Finnish, because they're not purely by Jordan. I'm not complaining though, now that I've read two books in English, I actually prefer it to reading in Finnish. That way I read slower, and I can think more about what I read. Also, my English gets better, and it sounds cooler than Finnish anyway, at least in epic fantasy.

It´s the same in Sweden. I don´t mind reading in English but I read much faster when it´s in Swedish. 

Archived