DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Viewings: Min

Green Bay Ajah

I posted on a different thread and never received an answer so here it is:

Created an account because Min's viewings in this thread made me think of something. RJ has been quoted saying Min's viewings are always about the future. As with the 7 towers and baby viewing with Lan, do you think her viewings could be a viewing of someone else's future viewing (Nyn's Accepted Viewings). We know her viewings always come true, but are they linear? Like if she had a viewing of Egwene getting behead say in EotW and it's just a viewing of Eg's having a dream of her getting beheaded. It would mean her viewing comes true it's just not IRL. I'm not sure if that has been discussed but this thread got me thinking.

@Green Bay Ajah, I saw your first post and didn't really understand your question then and I still don't. Please clarify what you mean by linear and the reference to Nyn's Accepted test. I did understand your last example and I agree with yoniy0. The viewing are about actual events, not about dreams. If you allow for any viewing to just refer to something the person in question might dream about in the future then all Min's viewings are summarily rendered completely meaningless. After all, anything that happens in ordinary dreams has no RL effect so what is the point of the viewings then? anybody can dream anything.

That is not to say that they viewings can not refer to something that happens in the Dream Wold (TAR). Things that happen there are real. In fact, I have a theory that Min's viewing about Perrin having to be there for Rand twice (Loc, ch 46) refers in part to Perrin rescuing Rand in TAR after Rand dies in AMOL.

. RJ has been quoted saying Min's viewings are always about the future.

Are we sure about that ? I remember reading min first viewing about Tom and it was clearly about is nefew , who is dead ,“A man — not him — juggling fire, and the White Tower.”

Some of her viewing sometime are only there to assert element of personality of some character .

. RJ has been quoted saying Min's viewings are always about the future.

Are we sure about that ?

Yes.

Interview: Nov 11th, 1998

MSN eFriends Interview (Verbatim)

Slayer

Do Min's viewings always predict the future, or do some tell about the past, mainly the seven towers around Lan in The Eye of the World?

Robert Jordan

Um, her viewings are always concerning the future.

No one nows who the juggling fire was about so not sure why you would say it was about Owyn.

While figurative, that viewing was about as **close** to literal as you can get, imo, lol! I mean, Hawk and Falcon have been associated with The First and Faile respectively since Day One. I think when Min sees something, you can take it to the bank!

Fish

they are still metaphors. and there are a number of other metaphorical viewings too: the halo around Logain, the sparks and the darkness around Rand and perrin, the tattoo of a raven next to Carlinya, a screaming mask next to Leane in TSR and so on.

The best interpretation of the man juggling fire I've seen is the one by luckers that it represents male Asha'man in general and the viewing itself means that Thom will play an important role in the future unification of the Ash'man and the Aes Sedai.

While figurative, that viewing was about as **close** to literal as you can get, imo, lol! I mean, Hawk and Falcon have been associated with The First and Faile respectively since Day One. I think when Min sees something, you can take it to the bank!

Fish

they are still metaphors. and there are a number of other metaphorical viewings too: the halo around Logain, the sparks and the darkness around Rand and perrin, the tattoo of a raven next to Carlinya, a screaming mask next to Leane in TSR and so on.

The best interpretation of the man juggling fire I've seen is the one by luckers that it represents male Asha'man in general and the viewing itself means that Thom will play an important role in the future unification of the Ash'man and the Aes Sedai.

The best interpretation of the man juggling fire isn't Rand? His actions for the entire first half of the book were a reaction to what happened to Owyn after he realized one of the boys could probably channel.

Archived