DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Favorite teams/athletes thread!

balefired-ed2

NFL - San Francisco 49ers

MLB - San Francisco Giants

NBA - Sacramento Kings

Cricket - India :smile:

Looks like your boys vs. mine starting tomorrow. We gotta start a MLB playoffs thread to talk smack. Spent two years in Monterrey, love San Fran.

Yeah, I barely watch MLB though, so nothing too big for me. I am more focused on NFL and NBA.

I can't lie. I always did like Joe Montana. And Jerry Rice. Roger Craig. The 49ers of the 80's were probably the greatest NFL dynasty of all time. Montana was certainly the greatest QB of all time. And Rice? No one can dispute his claim to best WR ever. Maybe even the greatest single player of any position ever.

There. Happy Rand?

I can't lie. I always did like Joe Montana. And Jerry Rice. Roger Craig. The 49ers of the 80's were probably the greatest NFL dynasty of all time. Montana was certainly the greatest QB of all time. And Rice? No one can dispute his claim to best WR ever. Maybe even the greatest single player of any position ever.

There. Happy Rand?

Yes. :) Even though I wasn't alive then, watching them play is what made me be a Niners fan.

MLB - Red Sox/Cubs

NFL - Panthers/Patriots

NBA - Celtics/Bulls

NHL - Soccer on ice... Maybe they won't come back from their lock out and sports shows can stop wasting they're time covering it.

NCAAB - Duke

NCAAF - This changes every few years, right now I root for Georgia. Todd Gurley is from my home town.

So that is two people insulting hockey. Let me tell you something. The NBA is unwatchable. Unwatchable, fixed bullshit. Hockey is faster, more physical,and way more fun to watch.

In conclusion, F*ck the NBA.

Haha nice, love the way you use sarcasm. :tongue: But in all seriousness, I really don't like watching soccer or NHL, they score so rarely, they go back and forth, not really that fun to watch.

So that is two people insulting hockey. Let me tell you something. The NBA is unwatchable. Unwatchable, fixed bullshit. Hockey is faster, more physical,and way more fun to watch.

Haha nice, love the way you use sarcasm. :tongue: But in all seriousness, I really don't like watching soccer or NHL, they score so rarely, they go back and forth, not really that fun to watch.

Just a question man, have you ever been to either a live hockey game or soccer match? If you have not, I strongly suggest you do so, even if it is a minor league. On TV I love football first and foremost, but nothing compares to a live hockey game or international soccer match. To the uninitiated, these sports do not translate well to TV, but once you go to a live event you see why people are fanatics.

Just a question man, have you ever been to either a live hockey game or soccer match? If you have not, I strongly suggest you do so, even if it is a minor league. On TV I love football first and foremost, but nothing compares to a live hockey game or international soccer match. To the uninitiated, these sports do not translate well to TV, but once you go to a live event you see why people are fanatics.

You have a point, I have not. But wouldnt the atmosphere also be better because o the food, drinks and people around you?

You have a point, I have not. But wouldnt the atmosphere also be better because o the food, drinks and people around you?

Knowing more about the game helps. Or having a team you support. I mostly only watch the mavericks in the NBA, which is difficult enough with the time difference. I almost never watch the NFL, NHL, or MLB, because it's hard to be interested when you know nothing, or almost nothing about them. Only golf I've ever really watched was the ryder cup this year (and only the last day), but that's sort of a special tournament. Tennis and rugby I've watched a fair amount of. I watch soccer all the time, and there's plenty to chose from here in Europe. But then I've played the sport for 13 years now, so where some people will just see a team stalling and doing nothing, I'll see a subtle maneuvering of the opposition's defence. And where some people will be bored at them just passing the ball around, I'll be amazed at their technique, capable of one-touch passing in very little space. Even as a Real Madrid fan, seeing a team pass the ball perfectly, with incredible teamwork always allowing a player numerous options, like Barcelona does, is simply amazing. Same goes for Spain, or Arsenal (of which I am a fan). Understanding the small details, allows a person to understand and appreciate the whole, which is undoubtebly why I have a hard time watching baseball, hockey or american football, apart from personal preference in how the game works(for example, I dislike the constant pauses in the game with american football and baseball, something I don't have to worry about with soccer (two 45min halves)). Watching and appreciating Real Madrid with their amazing strength, speed, skill, and general athleticism, is perhaps easier for someone who doesn't watch the game all that often, because it's usually more spectacular.

Going to a live game is of course something more. I've been to plenty of the french national team's matches and international matches are always something special, but probably my best experience at a stadium was when I went to the Parc des Princes (PSG's (Paris) stadium) as a ball boy. It's difficult to stay concentrated when you have crazed fans 5 feet behind you, and some of the best players in the world 5 feet in front of you.

NFL: Miami Dolphins (They arent very good but on the other hand I am mever disappointed in how the season turns out)

MLB: Red Sox (Not really a baseball fan, but if the Dropkick Murphys support the Sox then i do to lol)

NBA: Celtics (dont watch much anymore, but i've been a celtics fan for almost as long as i can remember)

NHL: Flyers (no idea why... i just like them)

Premier League(the only footy that counts besides the world cup): Manchester United (no explination needed... they are awesome)

NCAAF - Auburn (we are getting creamed this year, but i dont care AU is awesome)

Rasslin - Still have a soft spot for classic Hulk Hogan and Bret the Hit man Hart :p

Oh man, so many teams to name. I have a very varied group of favorite teams, and there's a story behind them all, but I won't go into all that.

NFL: Green Bay, Arizona, Colts

MLB: Cubs, Red Sox

NBA: Suns, Pacers

NHL: Pens, Coyotes

NCAAF: Notre Dame, Arizona State

NCAAB: Notre Dame, Kentucky

Soccer: no real preference, just like seeing good games =)

MMA: Jose Aldo, Ben Henderson

So on a side note, Go Irish! That was one helluva goal line stand against possibly the best power run offense in college football.

Archived