DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Any Lightfools In These Parts?

claireducky

I wanted to see what the activity is like around here for a couple of reasons.

I've been playing with creating a CoL character (I believe I had one once upon a time like WAY back in the pre-split days). Wanted to make sure there were others here for me to play with and advance.

Also, I have a very young and inexperienced Blue sister who is about to be wandering her way towards Cairhien. I thought it might be fun for her to get a little wise to the ways of the world through a run-in with CoL. Any takers?

I am currently looking into this. I thought i read something about it last month when I went through all the stuff in these boards, but I don't recal what it was and I can't for the life of me find it now. I've asked Nyn about it so waiting on her reply. But I think it may be that a recruit (my PC) can leave the fortress as long as they are back by curfew, so if we could make it a day event close to the fortress it is plausible, or I could see about having there be some reason for her to be out of the fortress.

As for NPC, I don't know who is around to play them. I was the only active member at the time and I only had a recruit. Then Arinth Joined and I was told I could train him (and any who join) with some NPCs and have it count to my credits.

Edited by Kathleen

I heard back from Nyn. She said technically I can't leave until I make it to a soldier, but my character could technically leave if it was leaving with a high ranking officer for whatever reason we think up, so as long as I have an NPC that serves that purpose.

I'm posting to make sure you guys understand the distinction between a NPC and a NSW. I can't tell if you do from this convo, so I'll throw this in just in case. lol

I do have several NSWs for admission and training purposes such as Roudal, Ezekiel, Evelyn and so on (these required bios and approval from the admins). You're welcome to use any of them, Kathleen. However, to simplify things, I told you that you can just use a NPC. Aka make up a high rank superior with whatever name you like, whatever rank, whatever gender.... and in between RPing mention him/her here and there but without going into depth. You know... just a superficial character to justify you leaving the Fortress. This character will only be for this RP and as I said.... just mention him/her in passing and it'll do.

I'm still here if anything is needed... in regards to RP questions and bio approvals. Taymist and Winterwinds are still working on who's going to replace me and such so I'm mostly hanging around till they do. I don't have time to RP sadly. Which is why Kathleen has stepped in and helped Arinth here, until the job is filled =)

p.s: Just so there are no misunderstanding, the only people allowed to RP the NSWs are CotL staff and people I give special permission to. Kathleen has permission due to assisting me. Anybody else would need to seek my approval for it.

Nyn

Edited by Nynaeve

• 3 weeks later...

Just a heads up, I will be planning out a CotL soon. I figured this would be a good thread to mention it in since Ducky was already talking about a new character. I'm not sure if I want this character to be one of the over zealous types or a more down to earth type, anyone got any ideas?