DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A Place to Say Nice Things About Each Other

Mr Hindley

Well, hello, I feel so honored to post here... :) It's never easy to express my thoughts and feelings in a way comprehensible to all, since English is not my first language. Right now I most want to thank Mashiara - I always look forward to her theory blog. Every Tuesday she manages to introduce some great ideas and create a friendly discussion place. Metal Head is my favorite poster there, and jack of shadows and mark are always present as well - greetings guys, and see you next Tuesday :smile:. Kudos to Peregrine, too - she does an amazing job, not only always being able to find some brand new pieces of art to make my Friday, but also creating stunning images herself. If you haven't seen them yet, it's time you did!

I'm no great theoriser myself, so thank you, all the "elders" - like someone said before me - for so many great posts and discussions, even if I didn't participate in them myself. I don't know you, but there are just some people whose posts, when I see them, always make me think "this is worth reading" (I'll intentionally omit Luckers and Terez :)): Suttree (sorry, I don't like the abbreviation "Sutt" - let's say it translates to "a big nipple" in Polish :)), Mr Ares, Fish, yoniy0, David Selig, Sid, Drekka Mort, BBM... I know, I'm being... how do you say that - cheesy? :) By the way, thank you, all Dragonmounters, for free, unintentional English lessons.

Should I say that? Ok, I will: it's visible at first glance that there are not so many girls among the general WoT discussion participants, therefore - thank you Terez, FSM and Elci, I always enjoy meeting you here :)

And Mik - thank you for blowing my mind away with your Rand's-soul-and-the-DO-being-connected idea.

Edit: I forgot: I thank Terez for having some knowledge about Polish culture (yay!) and FSH for being English (just love the UK... and she posts during the actual daytime, like me - if you know what I mean).

You remind me of my roommate; he is polish as well and worries about a language barrier. You both are much more pleasant to listen to and easier to understand than a lot of people who only speak english.

ps-Sutt :rolleyes:

Guess Cormac McCarthy's masterpiece doesn't work too well translated in polish? Lol...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I posted this elsewhere but I hadn't seen this thread yet do ill do it again:

Even though I'm new to the board I've lurked for years just never joined. MANY peopke here have influenced my way of thinkng about the series that I've loved for 16 years. But the biggest among those(that are still current afaik)

Luckers

Suttree

BBM

Fish

And last but not least

Mik, who has some of the most mind melting theories I've seen. Mainly cause I agree with most of them.

I think if I could only choose two of you to debate with I'd choose Luckers and suttree.

For my support team BBM and fish.

Much love to you five for making this an enjoyable place to spend my spare time(and work time) these many years. (No homo)

Luckers is my favorite...he offers cookies.

I've been a part of this community for a while, though recently I haven't been around...so a few ppl that I don't see anymore: RobertAlexWillis (iirc...always called him raw) and Majsju (who I think is still around, but not where I lurk)...I always appreciated their posts.

Mr. Ares is on my list as is Suttree

I appreciate the people that kept DM going, I was around a lot several years ago, and check in every now and then, and it's nice to see it going. This board is always fun to read people's theories too.

It may not be popular, but I also heartily appreciate Brandon Sanderson. I know some people don't like his writing style, but we wouldn't have the ending without him, and not near as fast (lets be honest, Jordan was putting stuff out SLOW) and it is nice to hear updates on the books from him. With Jordan we would go 2-3 years without much word beyond knowing he's working on it. I don't say that to bring up arguments, but I think it needs to be said by someone that he is appreciated (And Peter because we all know without a solid assistant, authors wouldn't be able to do near as much as they do).

• 1 month later...

I would like to thank Peter Ahlstrom for taking the time to answer many-a-post and many-a-tweet. You have been a great link between the creators of this final book and its rabid fanbase.

I would like to thank almost all the posters on the forum for they honesty. It shows you care.

I would like to re-thank Mr Hindley for still sporting his chin-tastic avatar.

Archived