DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Who was The Black Sister that Warded the Dragkhar's presence from Moiraine, Adeleas and Vandene in TGH?

The Fisher King

I'm not sure if the carriages had Aes Sedai or not but I do remember that one of the Black Sisters that we had a POV from (Liandrin I think), hates wilders even though she was technically one herself because she had learned to channel years before going to the White Tower. So she was already sworn to the Dark and was taught to channel by the time she made it to the White Tower. I have always wondered who taught her? Maybe the females from the Town?

Liandrin is Taraboner. And her father used to own a fruit stall or carriage (if I remember correctly). I think it is safe to assume she never went to that Town in her childhood.

Um...does anyone remember that the Black Ajah is divided into Hearts? groups of three - and you hardly ever, or never know anyone outside of your "heart" beside the grand poobah black sister.

I really dont think shoving 13 sisters in a carriage supports that rule - or am I going to proven wrong?

Um...does anyone remember that the Black Ajah is divided into Hearts? groups of three - and you hardly ever, or never know anyone outside of your "heart" beside the grand poobah black sister.

I really dont think shoving 13 sisters in a carriage supports that rule - or am I going to proven wrong?

That was before the Great Purge. It isn't applicable any more.

Not that difficult, if you make them wear a costume like in the TGH DF social.

What about the Supreme Council? Are there 13? Do they know each other?

More than likely there is no reason for the secrecy of Hearts at this stage. As far as previous 13x13, I would think that non-BA channellers would have been used. Then again BA members have been sent on assignment before in larger groups outside of the Heart system.

Yeah, but each member of a Heart knows one other member who is not of their Heart.

And, remember, the ladies are sent to hunt down 13 BA Sisters who were working together.

Yeah, but the 'great purge' occurred AFTER the taint was removed, and Isam mentions that he thought "that practice ended with the removal of the taint.." or something like that I dont have 20/20 memory.

So pre new world order, it was 13 witches/dreadlords in carriages rolling through the blight. Are the women Dreadlords or Dreadladies?

There must be a portal stone somewhere in the village to transport all the shadowspawn...or is that a different conversation?

You know, looking back, this early series chapter with the Dragkhar is STILL one of my very favorites in the entire series. It had SO MUCH good stuff. The conversation between Lan and Moiraine...and the one between Moiraine and Vandene. The Dragkhar itself. The suspicion that this cast on Vandene and Adeleas (two GREAT characters) that lasted for several books...

Fish

Yeah, but the 'great purge' occurred AFTER the taint was removed, and Isam mentions that he thought "that practice ended with the removal of the taint.." or something like that I dont have 20/20 memory.

So pre new world order, it was 13 witches/dreadlords in carriages rolling through the blight. Are the women Dreadlords or Dreadladies?

There must be a portal stone somewhere in the village to transport all the shadowspawn...or is that a different conversation?

I have never seen in the books the term "Dreadladies", which, to be honest, just sounds plain weird to me. I'm pretty sure they were all called Dreadlords.

I don't know if the carriage scene is implied to be way before WH. I only red the prologue once.

Regardless, the prologue to The Great Hunt has a great example of secrecy methods by the Shadow. I believe it was 100 DF's gathered in one place receiving instructions, at least 2 of them Black Ajah. If they had instructions for secrecy they would probably carry them out.

Archived