DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Greatest Warrior in Wheel of Time

Darksmoon

Lan is definately a prime candidate and 1 of my favorites for number 2 position -> going with Mat as number 1 mainly due to his memories and luck.

but Loyal also have a claim

he single handadly guard a a room full of civilian in Tear facing Trollocs and fadeS.

he traveling from the closed gate backe to the village while carrying wounded Gaul on his back

Mat himself estimate a gardener Ogier as worth 5 train soldeirs , and the impession i get is the Loyal is above the Ordinary , and he is only a teen in Ogier count so he keep growing in steangth and skill

another candidate is Elias

a warder who can enter Wolf Rage

a man who Lan mention teached him several things (about the blight if i remember correctly)

if he was alive -> the Green Man would be a prime candidate altough i'm not sure if he to be regard as warrior

and there always the possebility of a person we hadnt met yet ,maybe 1 of the sea falk cargo masters it is mentioned they are skilled warriors or someone from Shara...

But at this point If we havent seen them there isnt much reason for them to turn up. I like the reasoning for Elyas but I dont think anyone can really beat Lan or Mat

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wanted to see who everyone thought was the greatest warrior in Wheel of TIme and I am talking about non-channelers.

The two contenders I see are Lan and Mat. Mat beat Gawyn and Galad at the same time. Plus since then he has gotten all of those memories from battles. Hard for me to believe but I think it is Mat.

I want to go with the farmer who whupped up on the Super Blademaster with nothing but a quarterstaff.

I know that answer is wrong for several reasons, but I still like it best.

re: Tam and Birgitte - I would LOVE to see that archery contest. It would likely be decided by a timely or untimely breath of air. Tam's the best of the Two Rivers, and the TR archers are pretty much the best of the best from long range. I'm not sure how able Birgitte would be to draw a Two Rivers longbow, but given normal bows, I think she probably wins by a hair or two. Be cool to see, though.

Re swords/staffs: I am assuming part of the appeal of swords is that they are good against armour; hit someone with nice armour with your staff, and you might be looking at splinter; hit them with a sword, and you might cut something.

Or, possibly, it might just be damn hard to learn a quarterstaff that well, I suppose. Same reason everyone knew longbows were better but still used muskets/crossbows because they were so damn easy.

As to deadliest warrior, no supernatural powers: probably Lan or Rhuarc, depending on how much of Lan's ability is by warder bonding.

They gave one example. I find it hard to believe that most Warders would lose to most shepherds who use the quarterstaff. The example was given as education and advice. As Han Solo said. "That's great, kid. Don't get cocky."

Exactly. When I first read it, that is impression I got as well.

As for quarterstaff, if it always beats the sword, then everybody would use it, in the real world or the fictional, which is certainly not the case. No doubt they both have their advantages and disadvantages.

Brigitte with the bow, given enough distance is ultra deadly. In the real world, a well placed sniper can stall an entire army.

Quarter staff needs swinging room. In a battle, swords are better. Do you know how often the back end of your staff would be caught on someone behind or near you fouling your swing?

Also most staves are wood, meaning your sword would slice thru them without a reinforced haft of some sort. But it all comes down to logistics. The entire staff if a weapon, which in theory has a reach longer than any sword. Wonder if I can find some video somewhere.

Now I'm not say it's always the case, since I hate to say anything 100% of the time, but given equal skill levels, a sword should be outclassed by a stave.

They gave one example. I find it hard to believe that most Warders would lose to most shepherds who use the quarterstaff. The example was given as education and advice. As Han Solo said. "That's great, kid. Don't get cocky."

Exactly. When I first read it, that is impression I got as well.

As for quarterstaff, if it always beats the sword, then everybody would use it, in the real world or the fictional, which is certainly not the case. No doubt they both have their advantages and disadvantages.

Brigitte with the bow, given enough distance is ultra deadly. In the real world, a well placed sniper can stall an entire army.

Quarter staff needs swinging room. In a battle, swords are better. Do you know how often the back end of your staff would be caught on someone behind or near you fouling your swing?

Also most staves are wood, meaning your sword would slice thru them without a reinforced haft of some sort. But it all comes down to logistics. The entire staff if a weapon, which in theory has a reach longer than any sword. Wonder if I can find some video somewhere.

Now I'm not say it's always the case, since I hate to say anything 100% of the time, but given equal skill levels, a sword should be outclassed by a stave.

depends on space like you said. Although the style of sword is a major factor also, a fencing sword may well be able to hold its own against a staff, simply because of its speed.

Archived