Who vs SW vs ST  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Dr Who, Star Wars or Star Trek?

• Dr Who
    • Star Wars
    • Star Trek
    • Stargate
    • Battlestar Galactica

Ok, Basel Gill has foulmouthed Dr Who in the Pink Loincloth Tavern and I will not take this lying down! Let's get the opinions rolling. I included Star Wars because it's also awesome and the biggest rival of Star Trek anyway.

Edit: We're getting some pretty good votes. Added another couple of options. Also, there is a possiblity that I advocate so strongly on Star Wars' behalf because it shaped most of my rather recent childhood and have not particularly given Star Trek much of a chance.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Starrik, your premise begins from a faulty assumption. You are taking it for granted that Star Wars will take the same side as Dr. Who. Star Wars is an American creation, as is Star Trek, so they are natural allies against the British production.

It is possible the Empire (which lost to the Rebellion!) might take the Dr. Who side. George Lucas deliberately cast all of his Imperial officers with British accents and had all of his Rebel forces speaking American. That won't help the Doctor, and woe become him if he sets foot on the Death Star when the X-Wings are attacking.

I voted all three.

Doctor Who- awesome, but although the early episodes are important, some of them are pretty lame. What could be cooler than the Weeping Angels?

Star Wars- awesome, if you edit out any scene with Padme, pre-Vader Anakin when not using a lightsaber or flying a pod racer, Jar Jar Binks, or cheesy attempts at comic relief by C3PO and R2D2 in episodes I-III. What could be cooler than Darth Maul?

Star Trek- awesome, as long as you are allowed to skip the first three seasons of any show at will, and as long as you can also skip any episode whose plot revolves around either Q, Laxuana Troi, or the Prime Directive. What could be cooler than over 1000 ships in a massive battle? (Dominion vs Starfleet, Klingons, Romulans)

I DEMAND STARGATE BE ADDED TO THIS POLL.

Just not Stargate Universe. That one got boring pretty fast for me. I totally stopped watching about 4 episodes into the second year.

Star Wars- awesome, if you edit out any scene with Padme,

You mean you would edit out the bits with Padme on Geonosis? Those scenes, ummm... made me drool.

I love it! Is this going to be released in theaters?

I'm having a hard time figuring out which characters are CG and which are human... I'm pretty sure the Han Solo imitator is human; the fem definitely CG.

Its an old commercial for Old Rebublic video game... but their awesome!

Starrik, your premise begins from a faulty assumption. You are taking it for granted that Star Wars will take the same side as Dr. Who. Star Wars is an American creation, as is Star Trek, so they are natural allies against the British production.

It is possible the Empire (which lost to the Rebellion!) might take the Dr. Who side. George Lucas deliberately cast all of his Imperial officers with British accents and had all of his Rebel forces speaking American. That won't help the Doctor, and woe become him if he sets foot on the Death Star when the X-Wings are attacking.

Ah, but I know that Star Wars would most definitely side against Star Trek and the Jedi Council remind me so much of Time Lord civilisation. The reason that the Empire failed was that Sideous was a pathetic ruler and the Sith made a habit of killing high ranking officers who made even a single mistake. That's not evil-that's stupid. Anyway I think the Doc would totally side with Wookiees. I mean, they're awesome and furry. The Doctor is all about justice and the brutal tyrannical rule of the Empire would go against every fibre of his being. You seem to think that the Doctor can only cooperate with people with British accents. Untrue, there are a few episodes in the US where he works with Americans, and he isn't really British. "Lots of Planets have a North!" Direct quote from the first revival episode. So, if we take post-Empire New Republic or the Old Republic then we have a force to work with the Doctor. Yeah, I never really noticed Padme's acting. However Luke Skywalker in the films is a useless whiny brat.

I've never seen any Stargate. Never got around to it actually. What do you guys think of Battlestar Galactica?

The Old Republic trailers got me so excited. Then they revealed that it was an mmorpg and I was so disappointed. There is an epic bounty hunter game coming out though. You guys played Knights of the Old Republic?

SG and BSG

I'm happy.

As much as I envy your skills as a dancer, I cannot agree with you about either. For whatever reason, I could never suspend my disbelief watching these shows.

I can see the Enterprise being overrun with tribbles, but I just couldn't get into SG or BSG. What that says about my brain, I don't know.

Archived