DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Sacrifices

thisguy

I for one would love if Caemlyn were completely destroyed. A total victory for the Shadow. Mat and co. through his brilliance, manages to save the dragons, and maybe bring the Kin out, but that's that.

I don't see it. But I would love it.

That's exactly what I'm looking for. What needs to be destroyed and/or who killed to satisfy the need for sacrifice so the story is a good one, in everybody's humble opinion?

Birgitte and Talmanes will die. I bet Tal laughs out loud for the first time, then gets a trollock sword right through the ribs. Birgitte has little function now, plot wise, and probably has to be back in TAR. Talmanes' death will just be for emotional empact in the battle. Any other deaths in Camylen will only be minor characters. That's my take on it, anyway.

Birgitte and Talmanes will die. I bet Tal laughs out loud for the first time, then gets a trollock sword right through the ribs. Birgitte has little function now, plot wise, and probably has to be back in TAR. Talmanes' death will just be for emotional empact in the battle. Any other deaths in Camylen will only be minor characters. That's my take on it, anyway.

cool, thanks. doesn't just have to be in Caemlyn. I just used that as an example.

Prediction: Birgitte will not die, and Min's viewing means that she meets and has adventures with "younger" Gaidal in this lifetime.

Talmanes may be toast ...

I think a whole lot of big secondary characters need to die for the story to get away with most, or all, of the primary characters living.

The Band? DEAD. All of them. Why? Because Mat's going Seanchan style anyway.

Maybe, Perrin will become king of Saldea because the Two Rivers is toast. Nowhere to return to...

I for one would love if Caemlyn were completely destroyed. A total victory for the Shadow. Mat and co. through his brilliance, manages to save the dragons, and maybe bring the Kin out, but that's that.

That's exactly what I'm looking for. What needs to be destroyed and/or who killed to satisfy the need for sacrifice so the story is a good one, in everybody's humble opinion?

I see what you did there.

I see what you did there.

hahahahahahaha!!!!!

I just don't see Caemlyn being flat out destroyed and it has to do with the vision Aviendha had on her second trip through the pillar ter'angreal - down the line her offspring are meeting with the current Queen of Andor, which says to me the city survives in some form or fashion; heavily damaged but still standing a la Maradon. Now, it could be that it was just a possible future that is already off the books, but it seems rather far-fetched to me that by Aviendha choosing to try to change things that she would doom Caemlyn now. I could be misinterpreting that, though.

As for there being a big enough sacrifice....well, Maradon is mostly in ruins. I think it likely that Chachin and Shol Arbela are as well given what we know of things along the Blight. I can see Illian, Cairhien, Far Madding, and probably the capital of Arad Doman (name slipped my mind at the moment) as all being totally destroyed as they lack the defense capability to repel invasions on the scale of what is happening in Caemlyn. Tear has the Stone, so while the city may incur great damage, the Stone likely will survive unless something unexpected happens. Ebou Dar has the protection of the Seanchan, and while it may be damaged, I can't see it falling. Same to a lesser extent with Tanchico and Amadicia. Fal Dara and Fal Moran apparently haven't fallen under attack yet, or Lan and his 10,000 or so wouldn't have made it all the way to Tarwin's Gap for battle without a noteworthy skirmish or two, and given Rand will probably rush some form of aid there, I don't think Shienar will fall. Tar Valon, it depends on how much damage the Seanchan do before they are reigned in.

So, while a lot of it either has or will happen off screen, I think there will be plenty of ruin to come home to. I just rather doubt Caemlyn will be one of those fully destroyed. /two cents

Caemlyn is in a good enough location that it might just be rebuilt if it does get completely destroyed. The Oncala PoV in Avi's flash forward was decades after the Last Battle.

(And the capital of Arad Doman is Bandar Eban)

entirely possible. :)

Archived