DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Most headdesk-worthy WOT couple

Rose

86 members have voted

1. 1. What is the most headdesk-worthy couple in the WOT?

• Berelain and Galad - Now that's a match made in heaven.
    • Egwene and Gawyn - Do any characters have more haters than these two?
    • Erith and Loial - Could be cute if you squint.
    • Faile and Perrin - PLOD says it all.
    • Gareth and Siuan - A very fishy romance.
    • Lan and Nynaeve - The drama king and queen.
    • Mat and Tuon - Possibly the most improbable match of all.
    • Moiraine and Thom - And when did that happen, exactly?
    • Morgase and Tallanvor - You'd think they were teenagers!
    • Rand and his girls - Really, Rand? Really?
    • Bain, Chiad and Gaul - Suggested by Apple Scruff

Well Egwene is Amyrlin and pretty persuasive and manipulative. Under that influence, it's possible she just changed her mind after thinking about it more.

Also, I think it's a bit silly for Rand to break the seals at FoM. I think they'll plan it better actually at that meeting. For instance, Rand and other Ash'aman and AS could get themselves in position, leaving the Seals with Elayne to break at a pre-arranged time or something like that. I think Elayne would support him in a more sensible plan that does not involve premature actions. That's all I'll say because there is another thread about sealing the Bore but I just wanted to show where I was coming from.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well Egwene is Amyrlin and pretty persuasive and manipulative. Under that influence, it's possible she just changed her mind after thinking about it more.

Also, I think it's a bit silly for Rand to break the seals at FoM. I think they'll plan it better actually at that meeting. For instance, Rand and other Ash'aman and AS could get themselves in position, leaving the Seals with Elayne to break at a pre-arranged time or something like that. I think Elayne would support him in a more sensible plan that does not involve premature actions. That's all I'll say because there is another thread about sealing the Bore but I just wanted to show where I was coming from.

You cannot blame this one on Egwene. There is no evidence that she talked to Elayne and worked her up against Rand. It was Elayne's flippancy that had her going from defending Rand at the start to berating him for upsetting Egwene. Note that Elayne holds it against Rand that he is upsetting Egwene, not that he plans to break the seals.

As to the second part, that is exactly what I want to avoid. Turning this thread into another Rand - Egwene breaking the seals discussion would derail it significantly.

Which is why I stated that I agreed with you on that point at the end of my post.

And Egwene did communicate with Elayne somehow because she has been summoned to FoM. Egwene was telling all the rulers Rand's plan when writing to them. I'm of the opinion that Egwene would have spoken to Elayne personally either in TAR or her dreams. Not shown on screen I'll give you that, but the results are.

Which is why I stated that I agreed with you on that point at the end of my post.

And Egwene did communicate with Elayne somehow because she has been summoned to FoM. Egwene was telling all the rulers Rand's plan when writing to them. I'm of the opinion that Egwene would have spoken to Elayne personally either in TAR or her dreams. Not shown on screen I'll give you that, but the results are.

Elayne shows the ability to do things without Egwene's approval, like the Kin negotiations, when she feels that they serve her Crown. And it seems that we agree that in this instance (criticism of Rand in Perrin meeting), she did not put Rand first. But I have a feeling that she'll come around and support Rand in the Field of Merrilor. We know she'll at least give him the dagger ter'angreal that hides him from the DO's eyes.

I don't want this to turn into a discussion on Rand and sealing the Bore. But I just wanted to cite an example of Elayne's flippancy, even when Rand is involved. I am sure that Aviendha and Min have more confidence in Rand than her.

I would hold the flippancy to her being pregnant and being irritable most of the time.

I don't want this to turn into a discussion on Rand and sealing the Bore. But I just wanted to cite an example of Elayne's flippancy, even when Rand is involved. I am sure that Aviendha and Min have more confidence in Rand than her.

I would hold the flippancy to her being pregnant and being irritable most of the time.

I would hold the flippancy to her being a woman, her being pregnant and irritable just add to it... /rimshot!

I kid, I kid. (couldn't resist)

Archived