DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Most headdesk-worthy WOT couple

Rose

86 members have voted

1. 1. What is the most headdesk-worthy couple in the WOT?

• Berelain and Galad - Now that's a match made in heaven.
    • Egwene and Gawyn - Do any characters have more haters than these two?
    • Erith and Loial - Could be cute if you squint.
    • Faile and Perrin - PLOD says it all.
    • Gareth and Siuan - A very fishy romance.
    • Lan and Nynaeve - The drama king and queen.
    • Mat and Tuon - Possibly the most improbable match of all.
    • Moiraine and Thom - And when did that happen, exactly?
    • Morgase and Tallanvor - You'd think they were teenagers!
    • Rand and his girls - Really, Rand? Really?
    • Bain, Chiad and Gaul - Suggested by Apple Scruff

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, Morgase and Tallanvor's relationship bothers me the most. He is an obsessive stalker, and she is just wishy-washy girl who can't make up her mind.

Same vote as me. I don't get this one at all. She's a 'wishy-washy girl' as Clouded puts it...but she's not a girl nor indecisive.

So many 'head-desk' couples, but Morgase and Tallanvor get my vote for the most WTF couple (which is why I'd be slamming my head into a desk).

I like the puns and dry humor here. "A very fishy romance", very clever

EDIT: didn't see your sig till now, you, sir (or madam i guess), are amazing

Why, thank you.

Berelain and Galad have annoyed me way more than Egwene and Gawyn.

Berelain, definitely more than Egwene as far as I'm concerned. I have a hard time deciding between Galad and Gawyn. Mostly, though, Egwene and Gawyn being more important to the overall scheme of things makes me more annoyed by them as a couple than by the other two. They're supposed to be the good guys, dammit! Why won't they stop messing up for once?

Mat and Tuon, mostly because I've in no way warmed up to Tuon, and Mat could do better (in terms of finding an awesome lady, albeit not in terms of marrying up in the world). UGH, just thinking about their interactions--UGH.

But gotta ask what PLOD's all about, up there? (Perrin's Lack of Dignity? Please Let One Die?)

But gotta ask what PLOD's all about, up there? (Perrin's Lack of Dignity? Please Let One Die?)

Plot Line Of Doom. It's referring to the very long strech of time during which Perrin was quite literally plodding along, thinking about trying to start attempting to rescue Faile. I believe the term originates from Leigh Butler's Wheel of Time Re-read, or at least that's where I first saw it, but somebody will correct me if i'm wrong.

That being said, I like Please Let One Die, too ;)

Mat and Tuon, mostly because I've in no way warmed up to Tuon, and Mat could do better (in terms of finding an awesome lady, albeit not in terms of marrying up in the world). UGH, just thinking about their interactions--

Curious as to what you dont like about their interactions. Feel like there are some very well written scenes in that regard, especially in KoD. It's always neat when RJ gives us a perspective on a familiar character from a new pov. Thought it was really cool when Tuon started realizing just how awesome Mat is.

As for her character, given the environment she was raised in she is remarkably open to most things. I see a huge amount of growth being likely in the near future for her as the channeling issue comes to a head. It really is a shame RJ isn't around to right those Outriggers about these two.

I see it differently I suppose.

Perrin and Faile actually love and support each other. Yeah, they are all stupid about it from time to time, but it is understandable, and I like Faile, she gets good when she is captured, while Perrin gets worse.

Anyway, I would have to say Egwene and Gawyn, simply because they spend the most time against each other. Until Gawyn is finally bonded, they spend the whole time basically as enemies. Gawyn fighting against Egwene for the Tower, against Rand. Then he ignores her wishes and goes and saves her. ToM comes and even though they are now on the same side, they are still fighting against each other, the utter nonsense that went on actually made me like Gawyn. Finally it takes a near death experience for both of them to get their stuff together.

Most non-couple couple ever.

Second goes to Morgase and Tallanvor, second only because while Tallanvor is a crazy obsessive, at least he respects Morgase's wishes and doesn't fight with her. Morgase is just a mess though.

Third goes to Rand and Elayne. They have spent like a total of a week together over 2 years. He doesn't even know she is 4 months pregnant, she basically refuses anything from Rand (some with good reason) and puts everything above Rand. (Black Ajah, Bowl of Winds, Andor, White Tower, Kin etc.) The only thing that makes it reasonable is that a lot of these things are actually necessary from Elayne, and she does try to show support for Rand whenever possible.

Why, thank you.

Berelain, definitely more than Egwene as far as I'm concerned. I have a hard time deciding between Galad and Gawyn. Mostly, though, Egwene and Gawyn being more important to the overall scheme of things makes me more annoyed by them as a couple than by the other two. They're supposed to be the good guys, dammit! Why won't they stop messing up for once?

Why, thank you.

well done and do not let the sutt or others see you in the role of some one who is offending eggy the exalted one or you will find your life very difficult also someon said that Rand needs more GFs well, I heartily agree he needs to lighten up and getting more girls is definitely the way to go :wink:

Honestly, Morgase and Tallanvor's relationship bothers me the most. He is an obsessive stalker, and she is just wishy-washy girl who can't make up her mind.

You don't know how it feels to be loved until you've been loved by a stalker...

TO DEATH!

My vote goes to Moraine and Thom. I mean, he was scared of her when they first met, wary at least, and now they're in love? Why? How? And it seems she asked a question about it as one ofher 3 questions, Who the hell does that? "Ok, I need to save the world, I have 3 questions, Dang, guess I better ask who I'll marry huh, want to get that out the way"

That's nuts!!!!!

As much as I hate to say it, Eggy and Gaywn alongisde Faile and Perrin have the most natural development on the relantionship front. Mat and Tuon have the 2nd worse, I mean they got together because someone told them it was fate. Really? Screw fate, I'd like to see fate force me to marry someone. They both just accepted it.

Mat and Tuon have the 2nd worse, I mean they got together because someone told them it was fate. Really? Screw fate, I'd like to see fate force me to marry someone. They both just accepted it.

I actually disagree with that (and agree with Suttree). I found the development of their relationship to be very interesting, and in some ways more natural than some of the others. It wasn't love at first sight, and they're still not in love, really, but they got to know and respect and slowly care for each other, each in their own way. It was a change from the way RJ usually did things and it was very nice.

I don't know of the headdeskiness, but I don't care Loial and Erith. They don't have any story, they just met two times and now they're married. But is here any vote of the best couple? I would answer Siuan and Bryne or Perrin and Faile.

Mat and Tuon have the 2nd worse, I mean they got together because someone told them it was fate. Really? Screw fate, I'd like to see fate force me to marry someone. They both just accepted it.

I actually disagree with that (and agree with Suttree). I found the development of their relationship to be very interesting, and in some ways more natural than some of the others. It wasn't love at first sight, and they're still not in love, really, but they got to know and respect and slowly care for each other, each in their own way. It was a change from the way RJ usually did things and it was very nice.

Indeed, I found the Mat/Tuon plot in CoT - KoD to be amazing, some of my favourite chapters, specially with the paper flowers or whatever, which she puts on her dress.

Edit:

As much as I hate to say it, Elayne and Gaywn alongisde Faile and Perrin have the most natural development on the relantionship front.

You mean Elayne and Rand, or Egwene and Gawyn.

Elayne and Gawyn, that would make it a WHOLE different story.

I would say Morgase and Tallanvor. Morgase doesn't seem to know what she wants. At least Talanvor showed respect to Morgsae, as was indicated above.

Next would be Egwene and Gawyn. Egwene is so full of herself. I found myself rootin' for Gawyn. And it is too bad that Gawyn was near death for Egwene to finally bond him.

Yes but what was the underlying reason behind it all. Sure, Mat knows how to woo a woman, but doesn't have much bearing on the fact that the entire reason he was doing it was because he was told he had too. Same with Tuon. I mean how unnatural is that? Did it work on in the end? Yea, but only because he gave in and said he had no choice.

If your husband told you he loved you because he had no choice would you think that was particularly sweet? I know most women would be kinda pissed.

Archived