DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Flaw with Eye of the World

Edynol, I think you're confusing the feeling of saidin in general (either chilling cold or blazing heat) with the sickness that sometimes comes after channeling without a guide. What Rand felt just before he called a lightning wasn't sickness due to any previous channeling; it was the feeling of embracing the Source. He felt that most times that he channeled in TEotW and TGH, only at first he didn't realize what it was (and so the descriptions are more obscure).

I often wonder about that. He feels tingles all the time when he is around Moraine and the girls when they are leaving the TR. So maybe when he calls lightning there is a woman on the other side of the door that is holding the Power. Rand doesn't know that he can sense the Power in women yet. So his chills and tingles might be that.

It's kind of vague in the beginning of the story. I think Jordan didn't know how that was going to work out until later on in the story.

I don't think there was any woman who was channelling thought, if there was, they probably would have been helping the DFs and I don't think RJ would have given hints to a BA yet.

Doesn't have to be BA. There are other woman who can channel and would easily be darkfriends. Probably not the case but still a possibility.

Which is another thing that is strange about the books. Why does every woman who can channel have to be associated with the tower. Well minus the Sea Folk and Aiel of course. Why is there not a group of women darkfriends that can channel not associated with the tower? We have dread lords in the past and currently who can channel but no women.

It just seems odd to me.

Because it would be too hard to keep a secret, they may not want to spend their lives in Shayol Ghulas they are still human, and because they can be used more inside the WT, they would only be used for war if kept at SG and there was no war at that point. Now they might go there.

Because it would be too hard to keep a secret, they may not want to spend their lives in Shayol Ghulas they are still human, and because they can be used more inside the WT, they would only be used for war if kept at SG and there was no war at that point. Now they might go there.

What I was trying to figure out is why there isn't a Black Tower all along? I mean from the breaking or shortly after. Isn't the Shadow's goal to win the fight. Not stir the pot until the Dragon is reborn. So why take your female AS and have them hide out in the WT? Why not build a force someplace, (probably in the blight) and surround it with Trollocs, Dragknor, and who knows what else. You can't say that there were only 13 AS that went to the shadow. There had to be few more.

No, that's nto the shadow's goal.

The shadow's goals have always been somewhat cloaked in mystery. But the dark one's ultimate ambition is to crack the wheel of time (or so we have been lead to believe). Having a few million trollocs eat a few million humans and demolish the nations really doesn't achieve that. The dark one NEEDS the Dragon for his objectives to be realised

He also doesn't need the Dragon to seal him back up in his prison for the millionth time. What is the definition of insanity?

Building up mass forces as you suggest and failing like the Shadow did in the AoL and Trolloc Wars?

I really don't understand this line of argument. There were more than a dozen Blacks; they had some 200-250 sisters. Why would they be better used in the Blight, doing DO knows what, instead of having the cover of an AS whenever they're not engaging in obviously Shadowy actions (like, masking Draghkar)? That's beside the question, anyway. They were all AS before they were BA; the Tower is just that powerful in Randland, that no other organization of channeling women was able to exist once it drew its attention. That's really not necessarily a bad thing for the Shadow, either way.

BTW, Einstein was no psychiatrist.

He also doesn't need the Dragon to seal him back up in his prison for the millionth time. What is the definition of insanity?

the condition of being insane; a derangement of the mind.

Law . such unsoundness of mind as frees one from legal responsibility, as for committing a crime, or as signals one's lack of legal capacity, as for entering into a contractual agreement.

Psychiatry . (formerly) psychosis.

a.

extreme foolishness; folly; senselessness; foolhardiness: Trying to drive through that traffic would be pure insanity.

b.

a foolish or senseless action, policy, statement, etc.: We've heard decades of insanities in our political discourse.

I don't see how that really benefits your point at all.

Archived