DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Avengers Bashes Way to Billion Dollars at Worldwide Box Office

Vambram

'The Avengers' Bashes Way to Billion Dollars at Worldwide Box Office

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/avengers-bashes-way-billion-dollars-worldwide-box-office-162639638.html

The Avengers continue to break box office records, and still exceeding almost everyone's box office expectations.

Will Batman's Dark Knight Rising be able to match or do better than how many tickets have been and will be sold to see The Avengers?

great movie!!

my fav parts involved the hulk during the epic battle. between him man handling Loki and going "puny god" then side punching thor after taking down one of those slug things i was rolling in laughter

love Robert Downey Jr as Iron Man though.

and i'm so epically excited abotu the new spirder man!! yay for a smart ass spidey!!

I knew it was going to be awesome going in and I was proven right. Honestly, the only thing I really didn't care for much was Hawkeye. I don't if it's the character or the actor or what but it just didn't feel like he belonged there to me. They could have put someone better in. Plenty of heroes are and have been part of the Avengers. Hell, The Black Knight would have been better. Just my opinion though.

I was hoping they would show a preview for Spider Man when I went but I got stuck with Battleship and G.I. Joe whatever the rest of the title is.

That movie Brave looks like it could be good. There haven't really been many animated movies recently that I really enjoyed. Not that I can think of off the top of my head at least.

I knew it was going to be awesome going in and I was proven right. Honestly, the only thing I really didn't care for much was Hawkeye. I don't if it's the character or the actor or what but it just didn't feel like he belonged there to me. They could have put someone better in. Plenty of heroes are and have been part of the Avengers. Hell, The Black Knight would have been better. Just my opinion though.

Well, Hawkeye became a membe fairly early on, which I think was important to Marvel. Also, his character is quite easy to turn into movies.

Of course, I would much rather have seen Ant-Man, who was a founding member. But he would have needed his own movie before the avengers, to cover his backstory. That is another bonus with having Hawkeye - he does not have any superpowers, no extraordinary background, so you can toss him in without an origin movie.

See, I don't see that as a bonus. I see it as laziness and a lack of creativity.

Isn't he supposed to be a smartass and arrogant and stuff like that on a level with Tony Stark?

In the Marvel comic books, you would be right.

However, in this movie, there simply was not enough time in the movie, unless they wanted to add 10 to 20 minutes of verbal interaction with Hawkeye to other characters in the movie. In his previous Marvel movie, Thor, the Hawkeye character barely had more than a few lines of dialogue, and I think he probably had even less than that. In the comics, Hawkeye is not a huge iconic hero on the same level as Captain America, Thor, and Iron Man. Therefore, that was another reason that in The Avengers movie, Hawkeye does not get as much face time and dialogue as even the Black Widow.

I don't think Batman will break records to be honest. I have seen this movie once already, and am going with a friend to see it a second time since she hasn't seen it. I also know my husband has seen it twice with a co worker. That has almost never happened to either of us, we don't ever re-watch movies, especially in theater ones. I am not a marvel fan per say, but this cast really drew me in, and I just don't get that from the new Batman movie coming out.

I LOVED The Dark Night, I think it's one of my top 15 movies, but I don't think I'll see it's next film in theaters, or even purchase it.

See, I don't see that as a bonus. I see it as laziness and a lack of creativity.

Isn't he supposed to be a smartass and arrogant and stuff like that on a level with Tony Stark?

However, in this movie, there simply was not enough time in the movie, unless they wanted to add 10 to 20 minutes of verbal interaction with Hawkeye to other characters in the movie. In his previous Marvel movie, Thor, the Hawkeye character barely had more than a few lines of dialogue, and I think he probably had even less than that. In the comics, Hawkeye is not a huge iconic hero on the same level as Captain America, Thor, and Iron Man. Therefore, that was another reason that in The Avengers movie, Hawkeye does not get as much face time and dialogue as even the Black Widow.

Which is I feel like they should have had someone else. Someone with a straightforward ability/power/skill set but who also had enough of a back story to get it across in a 5 to 7 minute scene. I know Hawkeye was one of the first avengers in the comics, but I seriously doubt putting someone else in who wasn't as well known wasn't going to deter anyone from going to see it. I just didn't feel like he really fits the Avengers of today's cinematic interpretation of the comics. I feel much the same way about Black Widow. But it's Scarlett Johansson so hey I'm not going to complain about that. I know it sounds nice and stuff to have a dynamic of super powered and non super powered people on the team (Spoilers ahead in white text color)but when in the end credits they reveal the main villain as Thanos...I just don't think those two are going to be able to cut it.The Black Knight wouldn't either.

Which is I feel like they should have had someone else. Someone with a straightforward ability/power/skill set but who also had enough of a back story to get it across in a 5 to 7 minute scene. I know Hawkeye was one of the first avengers in the comics, but I seriously doubt putting someone else in who wasn't as well known wasn't going to deter anyone from going to see it. I just didn't feel like he really fits the Avengers of today's cinematic interpretation of the comics. I feel much the same way about Black Widow. But it's Scarlett Johansson so hey I'm not going to complain about that. I know it sounds nice and stuff to have a dynamic of super powered and non super powered people on the team (Spoilers ahead in white text color)but when in the end credits they reveal the main villain as Thanos...I just don't think those two are going to be able to cut it.The Black Knight wouldn't either.

Yeah, if they bring him in as the super villain in the next Avengers movie, there's no doubt that The Avengers are going to have to add a couple more powerhouses to the team who are on nearly the same power level as Iron Man, Thor, or the Hulk.

Well I know Ironman 3 is supposed to be coming out next year and it's going to be based on a different origin story arc called "Extremis". During the process of which Tony Stark is injected with this stuff that basically make him able to retract the armor into his body and don it at will and to integrate himself with nearby electrical equipment. Satellites etc. So if they have that happen that will be interesting. If they go with big baddie they'll have to bring in like the Scarlet Witch and Doctor Strange or someone. But then, as maj stated earlier, characters like that as opposed to hawkeye or black widow require quite a bit more to their backstory. So there'd almost have to be an origin movie for whoever they decide to bring in that's going to be on par with the really strong guys. I'd like to see Sub Mariner or maybe Vision. Though not sure if Vision stacks up enough either.

I would really be interested in a Dr. Strange movie. However, I doubt that there would be enough fans who would shell out the big bucks to see Dr. Strange going solo in a movie. But, I've read rumors on collider.com which says Marvel is seriously considering going cosmic in another movie by making a Guardians of the Galaxy movie. That could be a very good movie, imo.

If Marvel wants to bring in powerhouses into the Avengers roster, they could easily go with Hercules, or Wonder Man, both of whom are nearly Thor's equal in pure strength. Also, I think bringing in the duo of Vision and the Scarlet Witch would also be great additions to the next roster in The Avengers 2.

I would really be interested in a Dr. Strange movie. However, I doubt that there would be enough fans who would shell out the big bucks to see Dr. Strange going solo in a movie. But, I've read rumors on collider.com which says Marvel is seriously considering going cosmic in another movie by making a Guardians of the Galaxy movie. That could be a very good movie, imo.

If Marvel wants to bring in powerhouses into the Avengers roster, they could easily go with Hercules, or Wonder Man, both of whom are nearly Thor's equal in pure strength. Also, I think bringing in the duo of Vision and the Scarlet Witch would also be great additions to the next roster in The Avengers 2.

I just can't see how they would tie that in with the Avengers as they have it going now. Then again, I'm not a film maker.

Awful idea because then you have to bring in Quicksilver. :( I don't really know if they can add that many more characters to the Avengers. It would be way to crowded to make a coherent and decent movie.

I was speculating what Marvel might do if the super-villain in The Avengers 2 is indeed Thanos. Unless he is significantly de-powered in the cinematic version, then Thanos is simply way too powerful for the team of 6 Avengers in this first movie.

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!! THANK YOU!!! I LOVE THAT!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:biggrin:

np, foudn it while trolling the net, though i'm waiting anxiously for someoen to make an animated emoticon from that scene :laugh: cause i'm tottally stealign it when they do *nods*

i take it i'm not the only one who can literally watch that scene a bajillion times and still not get tiered of it.

best scene EVER!!! lmao

though the side arm punch to Thor was pretty great too.

Hulk was beast in this movie!!

Archived