DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

EVE Online Rolecall- Anyone here play EVE?

Blackhoof

Hey, i play EVE and in my opinion it is probably the best MMORPG out there. the depth is simply astonishing and incalculably cool at the same time, and the ship designs are so unique.

Have any of you played, or play EVE? What did you do? What did you think?

http://www.eveonline.com/

this is the link to the main website. you can get a 14-day free trial too :D

It has been out for a while, and while it doesn't have the massive following of WoW (300'00 iirc to WoW's 12 million) I feel that it is a better game, if you can get around the steep learning curve and wrap your head around how different it is that normal MMO's. Surfing the net for tips, tricks and advice is A MUST for this game.

• Community Administrator

Pfft, I WISH it was 500k. Last I checked it was 500mil heh.

I obviously forgot a few zeros :tongue:

I tried eve awhile ago, and it has things going for it.

Like the fact that there GMs, litterally 'talk to you' asking you if your going to subscribe when your on a trial. Promotes that sense of 'community'.

However, I really just wish Eve would go F2P. It would help with there in-game population numbers, and the microtransaction numbers could net them 'more' money then they are getting with the subscriber model. Tie this in with the upcoming Shooter Dust415 (or it is 514?) on the ps3...

Lets face it, in this economy, free mmos are going to be more played then subscriber ones. (And yes, FB = more members than WoW, and destroyed wows record for 'concurrent users', and yes, I know its not an mmo, but thats why people are applying the FB model to other mmos.)

• Community Administrator

true, but eve also doesnt have any ads, like at all, so how would they get their revenue if they didnt charge for playing?

How to other F2P games do it?

Microtransactions, which I mentioned before.

• 2 months later...

Bit of a necro, but I've been hooked on EVE for a little over a year now, and love every bit of it.

Another comment for anyone thinking of trying it, this is the only game I've seen where when a group of players state the goal of trying to break the game's peace, the developers just laugh and tweak the servers to cope with the increased load (see the Burning of Jita) :rolleyes: Also the only MMO I've seen with a truly WORKING and even THRIVING player driven economy.

Anyway, my main character (yes, I have two accounts, I told you I was hooked) Is Mahalleinir Daishan, so any DM players feel free to shoot me a mail and say hi. As far as what I do, it's a bit of everything. Both of my characters are set up to mine as a team and each has above decent manufacturing skills. My main is a proficient combatant and my alt is training for support roles.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived