DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Fain vs. Dark One

LoLPoR

Didn't see a thread about this but I was wondering peoples thoughts on whether Fain might be cast into the bore to fight the DO as it gets sealed properly this time. I think Fain would be the perfect instrument to defeat the DO considering his powers come from the taint on Shadar Logoth which beats counter to the taint from the DO. Sealing him away with the DO would ensure that the DO had something to distract him and thus not concentrate his powers on breaking free and destroying the world again, at least for a while.

Even with Fain's super creepy powers to create zombie trolloc armies and induce black plague like death in minutes I believe if you tossed him in a cage match with the DO, he would be pwnd with a quickness...we're talking about the DO, he is a deity after all...

Fain is not nearly as powerful as that, to take on the DO. He is unique, and powerful in a worldly sense, but DO is a god, Fain is a tainted madman.

Fain will likely play an important part in defeating some of the crazy stuff the DO sends at everyone, like the New Darkhounds, Worms or something like that, but nothing to do with the actual sealing or, light forbid, actually "killing" the DO.

We also have this.

INTERVIEW: Dec 25th, 2010

Stormblessed.com Interview with Brandon Sanderson (Verbatim)

QUESTION

What do you think would happen if Rand managed to hurl Padan Fain through the Bore into the Dark One's prison?

BRANDON SANDERSON

The Dark One would spit him back out because he tastes bad.

While Fain is very powerful, he is an insect compared to Shai'tan. Only way I see this happening is if Mashadar become sooo massive that it spreads across all of creation (every single world in WoT) and Fain funnels that into the prison.

Maybe he takes on Shadar Haran.

I have thought that perhaps Fain will kill the dark one. He has said he knows how in the hunt for the horn. He would then become the new greatest evil in the world and be locked away by rand. Shai'tan in a age long past blah blah blah killed an even older dark one. People in a age yet to come would be afraid to speak the name Mordeth.

Archived