DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Red2111

yeah i know krack. i'[m still trying to figure out how blood bending can be used to stop a person from bending.

unless its used to starve the portion of the brain from blood to prevent it from being able to work (ie: form a blood clot, anurism)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah i know krack. i'[m still trying to figure out how blood bending can be used to stop a person from bending.

unless its used to starve the portion of the brain from blood to prevent it from being able to work (ie: form a blood clot, anurism)

Perhaps he was able to permanently obstruct chi flow through the body. That makes the most sense to me.

I think the biggest disappointment with season one was that it failed to resolve the central problem in Republic City that likely drove many of its citizens to Amon. Republic City is no modern republic, it's governed by appointed representatives from nations whose existence is defined by bending. The people of Republic City want self-governance and a vote.

I mean, I know the target audience is children, but I felt like it could be addressed on some level. Not all of Amon's followers are generally as radical as he was, he was just tapping into a broad resentment in the population that many of them likely couldn't identify given that a modern liberal republic would be a totally new concept in that world.

i agree that the cause Amon was fighting wasn't really evil, nor did he do really 'evil' things (taking away bending is bad, but not as bad as the genocides or century-long war that the Fire Nation caused in the original series). Amon didnt kill people. he was evil because he sounded evil, he looked evil and people said he was evil.

i agree that the cause Amon was fighting wasn't really evil, nor did he do really 'evil' things (taking away bending is bad, but not as bad as the genocides or century-long war that the Fire Nation caused in the original series). Amon didnt kill people. he was evil because he sounded evil, he looked evil and people said he was evil.

I think there's room for a broad range of opinion. I don't think I'd go that far, though he certainly wasn't evil in the sense that Fire Lord Ozai was evil. Amon wasn't out to kill. Still, I would call him a radical, and depending on your values I think there's a good chance you could say he was evil, if not in the genocidal sense. I just felt like the only reason his radical view caught on among so many of the citizens of Republic City was because he was able to tap into the resentment the general population had about their government, and was able to justify Bending as the problem.

Hoof i disagree. what Amon was doing is every bit as evil as what the Chans do to Aes Sedia in the WoT. given enough time he would have escelated from taking bending away to killing benders; basiclaly what i equate Amon to is Hitler before invading Poland.

i do agree Agitel, the underlying cause is still there. thsi could be where their going next season *nods*

• 1 month later...

Archived