DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Nae Haiku

Gabriel Kross

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*cages the phoenix and teaches him to sing... with a knife*

*melts the cage and flies away* only certain people can successfully cage this Freebird.

Oh please *rolleyes* i'm not stupid enough to use something that would melt on a phoenix :tongue:

*puts on her detective hat as she examines the thread*

It loooks like the victim, Grammar, was murdered.

There are a number of suspects: I mean, the Dreadlords and Shadowspawn hated this victim quite a bit. However, they all seem to have an alibi in this instance.

That leaves only Black Ajah and Lightfuls. Except I refuse to believe that *any* member of the Black Ajah murder this victim, it's almost counter-intuitive to our style.

WHY, EP? Oh Gods, WHY would you do that? You're trying to prove to us that you can be grammatically proper, and you're KILLING GRAMMAR!

*stabs EP*

Using bad net grammar like this:

Don't hate! I likez to have teh funneh!

and displaying a dislike of punctuation like this:

but I don't want to be in a coma comas are booooooring

After a lecture from a clearly superior like this:

:huh:

*attempts to parse EP's sentence*

your name is now eddy i was decreed somewhere or something, didn't you get the memo?

'your' - possessive adjective

'name' - noun

'is' - verb; third person singular conjugation of 'to be', simple present tense

'now' - adverb

'eddy' - proper noun, without a capital letter

'i' - first person pronoun

'was' - verb, first person singular conjugation of 'to be', past tense

'decreed' - verb, past tense

'somewhere' - adverb

'or something' - meh

, - signals dependent clause

'didn't you' - contraction of 'did you not'

'you' - second person pronoun

'get' - verb, meaning 'receive'

'the' - definite article

'memo' - noun.

Hmm. Since that doesn't help, some attempts to punctuate the sentence and make sense of it follow:

1) Your name is now Eddy. I was decreed somewhere or something, didn't you get the memo?

2) Your name is now "Eddy I was decreed somewhere or something", didn't you get the memo?

3) Your name is now "Eddy I was decreed somewhere", or something, didn't you get the memo?

4) Your name is "Now eddy I was decreed somewhere or something", didn't you get the memo?

5) Your name is "Now eddy I was decreed somewhere", or something, didn't you get the memo?

Since the first makes little sense, I think that, logically, it must be one of the latter four. I don't think either of those names work; I prefer 'Ed'.

and, for the record, both of you: ed doesn't capitalize his name, so your both wrong.

I mean, he's wrong for not capitalizing his name (and spelling funny wrong), but you guys are even more wrong for not following the way the misguided dreadie chooses to spell his name.

*stabs Pandy and Firebird*

your name is now eddy i was decreed somewhere or something, didn't you get the memo?

'name' - noun

'now' - adverb

'somewhere' - adverb

'or something' - meh

'the' - definite article

'memo' - noun.

Hmm. Since that doesn't help, some attempts to punctuate the sentence and make sense of it follow:

1) Your name is now Eddy. I was decreed somewhere or something, didn't you get the memo?

2) Your name is now "Eddy I was decreed somewhere or something", didn't you get the memo?

3) Your name is now "Eddy I was decreed somewhere", or something, didn't you get the memo?

4) Your name is "Now eddy I was decreed somewhere or something", didn't you get the memo?

5) Your name is "Now eddy I was decreed somewhere", or something, didn't you get the memo?

Since the first makes little sense, I think that, logically, it must be one of the latter four. I don't think either of those names work; I prefer 'Ed'.

and, for the record, both of you: ed doesn't capitalize his name, so your both wrong.

I mean, he's wrong for not capitalizing his name (and spelling funny wrong), but you guys are even more wrong for not following the way the misguided dreadie chooses to spell his name.

1. Either implies one or the other. You had several listed. I don't think ANY of those names work.

2. "and, for the record, both of you: ed doesn't capitalize his name, so your both wrong." This has many errors. "Your both wrong" should actually be "you're both wrong" or "you are both wrong". There is no capital at the beginning of the sentence and it is sloppy. "And, for the record, both of you" is just a weird phrase to me. Speaking of which... you got onto people for capitalizing the E in Ed but you fail to realize pandy likes to have his name in lower case as well.

-grins- Please do carry on educating EP though.

Speaking of which... you got onto people for capitalizing the E in Ed but you fail to realize pandy likes to have his name in lower case as well.

Here, Nae... smack them around a bit with this... *passes over a hardbound volume of e e cummings* :wink:

'name' - noun

'now' - adverb

'somewhere' - adverb

'or something' - meh

'the' - definite article

'memo' - noun.

I love how Moon calls me out for something I did not do... lol note the eddy is not cappitalized in my statement.

Archived