DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Rand IS the Creator

Sephie913

What if Rand IS the Creator? It would completely explain the VOICE in TEotW, his strange, super-taveren powers, super-use of OP, and the light holding off the madness in his head. "To live you must die." Suddenly makes sense, now, doesn't it? Rand's physical body perishes, and at that moment, the Creator is born in the world. The Creator is conspicuously absent, isn't he? Especially considering the active role DO has taken.

Not to mention all the foreshadowing. How often has someone from the Two Rivers pointed out the Rand "Thought he was the Light made flesh"? Umm, he KINDA IS.

Just a fun, completely insane idea I had. No more than 2% on it, so rip it to pieces as you wish. I apologise if this has been discussed before, searched and didn't find it.

What if Rand IS the Creator? It would completely explain the VOICE in TEotW, his strange, super-taveren powers, super-use of OP, and the light holding off the madness in his head. "To live you must die." Suddenly makes sense, now, doesn't it? Rand's physical body perishes, and at that moment, the Creator is born in the world. The Creator is conspicuously absent, isn't he? Especially considering the active role DO has taken.

Not to mention all the foreshadowing. How often has someone from the Two Rivers pointed out the Rand "Thought he was the Light made flesh"? Umm, he KINDA IS.

Just a fun, completely insane idea I had. No more than 2% on it, so rip it to pieces as you wish. I apologise if this has been discussed before, searched and didn't find it.

There is a really big gaping hole with this Theory.... wait for it (dramatic pause).... Because Bela is the creator :bela:

Interesting! I've always thought that it's possible that the Creator is a god-like individual who takes on flesh similar to how christians believe the Christ was God-in-the-flesh. Just as Jesus is believed be both the Father and the Son, so the Dragon may be the Creator and the Champion (in the flesh).

Anyway, this would explain what that Aiel said "Sightblinder means to blind the Great Serpent." The Great Serpent may represent time, but it also may represent THE DRAGON (which is obviously a Great Serpent). We know that Moridin/Ishy/Ba'alzomon ALMOST succeeded in blinding Rand, and the blind man sat on his own grave and wept. Luckily, he received his sight and all will be well.

The Creator takes no part...

Interview: Jan 18th, 2003

COT Signing Report - Tallis (Paraphrased)

Robert Jordan

Rand has no direct connection with the Creator. The Creator is completely removed from the world; aside from...creating...the Pattern, he does nothing else whatsoever to influence anything.

Interview: Oct 12th, 1996

ACOS Signing Report - Michael Martin (Paraphrased)

Question

The Creator's "Inability" To Act On His Creation

Having encountered a similar "theology" in Donaldson's Covenant series, I have been quite curious why the Creator can't act on His own world. It didn't seem to make sense, except as a plot device.

Robert Jordan

RJ answered this question. His thesis was this: A perfect Creator should create a perfect creation. To act, miraculously or no, on this world, would be tantamount to acknowledging imperfection in Himself. So, when humanity screwed things up, they've been left on their own to "patch" things up. :-)

@ Suttree: I hadn't seen the one about Rand not being directly connected to the Creator. Kills my theory outright, doesn't it? Anyone happen to know where to find that quote? (So I can work my Aes Sedai tricks on any possible loopholes)

*EDIT: Saw that the original quote WAS a paraphrase, sorry.

I'd seen that the Creator takes no part, but it kinda sounded like RJ trickery--multiple personality syndrome, or some such.

@ Tom: LOL. *Hums 'The Color of Trust'*

@ Suttree: I hadn't seen the one about Rand not being directly connected to the Creator. Kills my theory outright, doesn't it? Anyone happen to know where to find that quote? (So I can work my Aes Sedai tricks on any possible loopholes)

*EDIT: Saw that the original quote WAS a paraphrase, sorry.

I'd seen that the Creator takes no part, but it kinda sounded like RJ trickery--multiple personality syndrome, or some such.

@ Tom: LOL. *Hums 'The Color of Trust'*

Lots of good stuff here under Creator...

http://www.theoryland.com/wheel-of-time-interview-search.php

Archived