DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

"Perrin, You have some explaining to do..."

Winespring Patron

I think the only arguing between Rand and Perrin will be whether or not Rand needs to apologize to Perrin.

I think I will be something along the lines of Rand showing up at Perrin's camp begging for forgiveness for being such a douche bag of a friend.

Perrin, because he is a good friend, will say there is nothing to apoligize for, because Perrin really doesn't think there is.

And the argument will be Rand listing the ways he wronged Perrin and Perrin saying he was never wronged.

Remember how when Mat and Perrin think about Rand they aren't wondering what he will think of there actions, they're worried about what happened to his hand, and not in the "wonder how that happened" way Egwene was but more of "Oh, no, somebody hurt my friend, if they're not dead they soon will be" kind of way.

wait wait wait. What does he need to apologize for?

Probably for throwing him against a pillar in aCoS during their faked dispute (Perrin brought up the Aes Sedai. It was a bad idea). And he'll probably feel that he left Perrin in the middle of nowhere and didn't bother checking up on him.

eh I guess, Rand does seem to like apologizing lately.

Really? I hadn't noticed. He was only apologizing for something he'd done like every other page!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the only arguing between Rand and Perrin will be whether or not Rand needs to apologize to Perrin.

I think I will be something along the lines of Rand showing up at Perrin's camp begging for forgiveness for being such a douche bag of a friend.

Perrin, because he is a good friend, will say there is nothing to apoligize for, because Perrin really doesn't think there is.

And the argument will be Rand listing the ways he wronged Perrin and Perrin saying he was never wronged.

Remember how when Mat and Perrin think about Rand they aren't wondering what he will think of there actions, they're worried about what happened to his hand, and not in the "wonder how that happened" way Egwene was but more of "Oh, no, somebody hurt my friend, if they're not dead they soon will be" kind of way.

wait wait wait. What does he need to apologize for?

Probably for throwing him against a pillar in aCoS during their faked dispute (Perrin brought up the Aes Sedai. It was a bad idea). And he'll probably feel that he left Perrin in the middle of nowhere and didn't bother checking up on him.

And abandoning him to the wheel like Nyn said he was doing in tGS. And even before he was captured by the AS he was treating Perrin more as a tool he could use then a friend.

Don't forget the bonus Perrin is bringing with him - the rediscovery of how to make Power-wrought weapons. Not insignificant, given what's to come.

Masema neutralised - check. Shaido scattered with their tails between their legs - check. Whitecloaks freshly blooded against Trollocs and under proper management - check.

Rand's a d***head if he does anything other than hug Perrin. The WO damane are the only issue I can see, but Rand hasn't exactly done a whole lot about that whole area himself. I think he'll be delighted with the Tylee assoc and with any pull Mat might be able to exert on Fortuona. The boys have done good. If, of course, Mat gets back in time to save some of Caemlyn.

The nature of Mjolinir might have been a rare occurance. PowerWrought weapons? Okay, but Mjolinir is spesial, based on the level of effort and exhaustion involved, It almost read as though Perrin himself was linked to niald, like niald really only knew what to do because perrin was reaching out to him, and to the hammer.

Can't remember the exact line, but there is subsequent mention made of spears or something being Power-wrought in camp? Obviously Mjolnir is a special case, but the precedent is there now and I'd imagine full use will be made of it.

ETA sorry about that, should have read all of the posts before I returned.

I agree that it's strange for Perrin not to think of asking help from Rand. The only feasible explanation I can think of is that Perrin had become obsessed with the problem in front of him (i.e. how to free Faile from the impossibly large Shaido camp) and was not thinking straight. In fact, he only thought to ally with the Seanchan when Tallanvor arranged it.

Regarding Power-wrought weapons, Mah'alleinir does seem to be a one-off unique weapon (the way Mat's Ashandarei is), but the forging of it seems to have triggered the Talent for making "normal" Power-wrought weapons in Neald, i.e. weapons that don't rust or need to be sharpened. So Neald can make swords like Lan's now, or equivalently spearheads for the Aiel.

Don't forget the bonus Perrin is bringing with him - the rediscovery of how to make Power-wrought weapons. Not insignificant, given what's to come.

Masema neutralised - check. Shaido scattered with their tails between their legs - check. Whitecloaks freshly blooded against Trollocs and under proper management - check.

Rand's a d***head if he does anything other than hug Perrin. The WO damane are the only issue I can see, but Rand hasn't exactly done a whole lot about that whole area himself. I think he'll be delighted with the Tylee assoc and with any pull Mat might be able to exert on Fortuona. The boys have done good. If, of course, Mat gets back in time to save some of Caemlyn.

The nature of Mjolinir might have been a rare occurance. PowerWrought weapons? Okay, but Mjolinir is spesial, based on the level of effort and exhaustion involved, It almost read as though Perrin himself was linked to niald, like niald really only knew what to do because perrin was reaching out to him, and to the hammer.

Can't remember the exact line, but there is subsequent mention made of spears or something being Power-wrought in camp? Obviously Mjolnir is a special case, but the precedent is there now and I'd imagine full use will be made of it.

ETA sorry about that, should have read all of the posts before I returned.

Towers of Midinght - 44 - A Backhanded Request

Now, Neald had figured out how to make blades that wouldn't dull or break. The more he practiced, the sharper edges he was able to create. The Aiel had already begun to demand those edges for their spears, and Perrin had given Neald the order to see to them first. It was the least he owed them.

Totally wrong. While Perrin is building the hammer he doesn't even know what he is making. He is just completely focused, WOLF FOCUS!, on the building of whatever it is.

Neald stated he did not know what he was doing, but it felt right, like he knew it could be done. So he began lacing the weapon with the power. Then got over excited and got a whole circle to help him out. Perrin had nothing to do with that weapon becoming power infused. That was all the Asha'man's doing.

The real discovery is not from Perrin, but from Neald. He will be the one to train other Asha'man to perhaps forge weaponry with the power. Perrin may do most of the building, but will of course employ others to build more weapons, alot faster. There is little time to spend making many weapons though, so it will be a pretty big undertaking. Lots of Asha'man, lots of blacksmiths. Lots of showers of sparks clearing trees for sure.

Also Perrin WAS completely absorbed in what he was doing. So was Matt. They all could have met at any point in time by paying attention to the visions, but all 3 of them banished them at first sight. Over and over again. The wheel of time had things that needing doing between all 3 of them. If Rand helped out Perrin, it is highly unlikely they would have needed the Seachan to get the victory. That would of lost a thread that will come to play in the last book. If Matt just didnt really care at all. He was absorbed in playing hero to the future Empress. What was the point of that anyway? lol. He just wandered around with Tuon and the truthspeaker for awhile and then " bye bye! ".

My Point about the "almost like he linked with Niald" thing, was that perrin and niald somehow came together like how rand was able to be bonded by Min. Niald somehow seemed to have reached out to Perrin in the forging, and taking his will and pouring it into the hammer. I'm not saying that's what happened, but that's how it read. Perrin, instead of bonding niald, or being bonded to niald, was instead bonded to his hammer. Like the sentient weapons in D&D.

Archived