DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

From the Two rivers to Iraq. (new member)

AWOLfromtheARMY

Where to begin? Ill guess ill start with my birth. I was born in what you guys call the "two rivers". Florence, South Carolina. A stones throw from charleston. That would be the first signs of the wheel weaving around me. The second? I don't really know. I guess it could have been one of the two times I met Robert Jordan. Back then, when I met him, I had no ideal who the man was at the time. "An author signing books" I thought aloud as I watched him at a book signing at a mall in North Carolina. Little did I know that the man I was looking at would have such a profound impact on my life. It wasn't until a few years later that I would actually hear about WOT. I was about 3 months into a 15 month deployment to Iraq when I found a copy of "the great hunt" for sale at the PX. I bought it and suddenly I couldnt put it down. It started with me reading it on details where I wasnt doing anything. I would read a little here and there. Before I knew it "the great hunt" was finished and I was going back and reading "the eye of the world". In fact I took it everywhere with me. Reading it on missions. Skipping meals just to see what rand was doing.

I fell in love with the wheel of time. The characters. The story. It wasn't tell after Mr. Rigneys death did I realize who he was. Who I had met. How his books impacted me and gave me a refuge to turn to in dark times. The escape his books provided me cannot be over exaggerated. The day I found out my father had been in a wreck and broken his neck, I was in iraq. I still remember laying on my bunk and reading "the dragon reborn".

I know im rambling a bit and im a noob on this forum but I just wanted you guys to know how happy I am to have found this website and community. Thank you guys. All of you.

Awww....! Isn't it good you found us? Don't worry about the 'noobness' It's just natural when you're new. In time you won't feel like that anymore (exept if you are me and feel stupid all the time. But I'm pretty sure you aren't me :wacko:)

Ahem... Welcome to DM! This is the perfect place to discuss about WoT!

Awww....! Isn't it good you found us? Don't worry about the 'noobness' It's just natural when you're new. In time you won't feel like that anymore (exept if you are me and feel stupid all the time. But I'm pretty sure you aren't me :wacko:)

Ahem... Welcome to DM! This is the perfect place to discuss about WoT!

Thank you.......and yes I am glad I found this website. I hope to enjoy learning to navigate it and really hope to meet like minded fans.

You started with the second book??? That must have been a bit confusing...

Welcome to dm!!! We are glad to have you!!! Would you like a tour or do you think you can figure things out for yourself?

I think WoT has been a refuge for all of us at one time or another :)

Which parts and characters are your favorites? And shall I assume you've read all of them?

Mmk. At the top of the page forums page is all of the getting started stuff which you have been clever enough to discover.

Beneath those are the discussion pages, where you can talk about the books and some theories that you might have and whatnot. BEWARE OF SPOILERS!!!!!

Below that are the social groups. Here we get to know each other and just goof off and be a community :P You can join as many of these as you want, as you might be able to tell

<------ here

and here

l

l

V

Below that are the role playing (or rp) groups, where you can create your own character and write his/her adventure in Randland. Ask Nyneave for more information.

So yeah just explore and see where you think you want to join in the fun.

Where to begin? Ill guess ill start with my birth. I was born in what you guys call the "two rivers". Florence, South Carolina. A stones throw from charleston. That would be the first signs of the wheel weaving around me. The second? I don't really know. I guess it could have been one of the two times I met Robert Jordan. Back then, when I met him, I had no ideal who the man was at the time. "An author signing books" I thought aloud as I watched him at a book signing at a mall in North Carolina. Little did I know that the man I was looking at would have such a profound impact on my life. It wasn't until a few years later that I would actually hear about WOT. I was about 3 months into a 15 month deployment to Iraq when I found a copy of "the great hunt" for sale at the PX. I bought it and suddenly I couldnt put it down. It started with me reading it on details where I wasnt doing anything. I would read a little here and there. Before I knew it "the great hunt" was finished and I was going back and reading "the eye of the world". In fact I took it everywhere with me. Reading it on missions. Skipping meals just to see what rand was doing.

I fell in love with the wheel of time. The characters. The story. It wasn't tell after Mr. Rigneys death did I realize who he was. Who I had met. How his books impacted me and gave me a refuge to turn to in dark times. The escape his books provided me cannot be over exaggerated. The day I found out my father had been in a wreck and broken his neck, I was in iraq. I still remember laying on my bunk and reading "the dragon reborn".

I know im rambling a bit and im a noob on this forum but I just wanted you guys to know how happy I am to have found this website and community. Thank you guys. All of you.

Welcome to Dragonmount.com AWOLfromtheArmy.

Because I was in the US Army for almost 15 full years, and because I also enjoyed reading and re-reading the WOT series during my each one of my 2 one year deployments in Iraq, most of your post with which I find I identify very strongly, AWOLfromtheArmy.

I started reading the WOT almost 20 years ago. And I can remember countless days and nights throughout the years when the stories and the characters masterfully written by Robert Jordan carried me through both the high's and also the low's in my life.

We have many different forums and sub-forums where you can discuss practically anything that you want; including discussions that are not WOT based, but on just about anything else in this world that you might want to discuss. I encourage you to browse the forums, read and also participate in the countless discussions that are ongoing.

Also, some of the places where WOT fans can have the most fun are in the various Social Groups here, based upon different groups written by Robert Jordan in the Wheel of Time. These Social Groups include, but are not limited by; the Aiel, The White Tower, The Black Tower, the Ogier, and Shayol Ghul.

If you are interested, post what you like best in The Wheel of Time series, and then you can be given suggestions as to which ones of the Social Groups on Dragonmount that you might like. Dragonmount also has roleplay forums for those whom want to immerse themselves in character into the most fascinating fantasy world ever created, the world of Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time.

You have found what I believe is the very best fan forum and message board for a fictional series of books. Also, I believe without a shred of an iota of doubt in my mind that The Wheel of Time series is the VERY BEST series of fictional novels that has ever been written. Stick around here long enough, and I can promise you that not only will you meet cool and interesting people online, but also that you will become friends with some whom you regularly interact.

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me at any time.

I just read what I posted again.....those are two different scenes but I didn't articulate well. Let me try again. The way rand describes egwene sometimes pulls on my hearts strings. There was another seen. A battle on a hill I think where perrin went bezerk and started howling. Not tell he was done did he notice everyone was looking at him. That primal, raw emotion echoed my feelings at the time I was reading it.

I just read what I posted again.....those are two different scenes but I didn't articulate well. Let me try again. The way rand describes egwene sometimes pulls on my hearts strings. There was another seen. A battle on a hill I think where perrin went bezerk and started howling. Not tell he was done did he notice everyone was looking at him. That primal, raw emotion echoed my feelings at the time I was reading it.

Perrin howling sounds like the attack on Rand's camp at beginning of tDR (The Dragon Reborn). Perrin sort of loses himself to the wolf for a moment, howling with all the others.

Archived