DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Big Explosion in Oslo

Haxorsist

the police confirmed 9 too 10 dead on utoya, and are now doing detail search, the man was as far as i can make out by descriptions from witnesses, ethnically norwegian looking and dressed too look like a police man, a fake police officer was also spoted in oslo around the time of the bombing

so while they wont confirm it being the same person, they suspect it

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

news confrence scheduled in 7 min, they say they got new information

edit

the arrested person is a 32 year old ethnical norwegian man

4 of victims in oslo is identified of 7 killed, 9 to 10 badly wounded

utøya 10 killed, but may rise in number, they found undetonated explosives on the island

no motive is given by the man arrested

what they say is there is a dialog, they been unwilling too direct answer any questions on the man answering questions or cooperating with the police, all just get rephrased too there is a dialog

Norwegian tv2 claims he belongs to a right-extremist group, but does not disclose their source.

Now, i do think chances are good that claim is correct, but it is a mistake to start pointing fingers before we get an official statement from the police.

Very likely now that this was a right-white extremist. The attack on a leftist political party's youth camp sort of hints to it.

If anyone is interested, this is the guy, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fjordman

Actually it's not. My Scandinavian friends are quite confident in this. This is the man's Facebook though: http://nb-no.facebook.com/people/Anders-Behring-Breivik/100002651290254

Very likely now that this was a right-white extremist. The attack on a leftist political party's youth camp sort of hints to it.

If anyone is interested, this is the guy, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fjordman

Actually it's not. My Scandinavian friends are quite confident in this. This is the man's Facebook though: http://nb-no.faceboo...100002651290254

right. People I usually trust to be good at digging screwed up. Possibly because the writing style of Fjordman is quite similar to articles written by Brivik, and they have very similar opinions.

right. People I usually trust to be good at digging screwed up. Possibly because the writing style of Fjordman is quite similar to articles written by Brivik, and they have very similar opinions.

Well the fact that Fjordman was posting at the time of the attacks and even stated that this man deserves the death penalty was the give away :tongue:.

Damn, police just upped the confirmed deathtoll on the island to 80, and says it might get higher still.

Was about to post that. Minimum death toll at the shooting is 80, add to that 7 at the bombing and 10 severely wounded in the explosion as well. I've got it from a relative working as a doctor in Oslo right now that most of those with severe injuries won't make it out of there alive either.

Some roughly translated eye witness reports:

"My best friend grabbed my arm and said we needed to run. So we ran. Towards the water. I didn't want to turn around because I din't want to see the perpetrator. We got down to the water. In front of us we see a girl just lying there in her underwear, she was dead."

Must have been a complete nightmare.

When I went to bed last night the death toll was "only" 10 at Utøya. When I woke up it was over 80. I'm speechless. There were kids as young as 14-15 years old at Utøya. I've heard multiple witness accounts and it sounds like a true nightmare. I'm proud of our PM Jens Stoltenberg, who said we will respond with more openness and more democracy.

Oh God this is so horrible. My heartfelt sympathy goes out to you all. Norway is such a peaceful country and I hope everyone you know is all right. My godmother lives there and I really hope they reply soon to my email that they're ok. I really hope my friend (their son) wasn't at the camp.

Dad read an article to us today about the terrible events - I'm horrified that someone would shoot at a camp of teenagers. The article from a German newspaper said this (roughly translated):

Norways King Harald V. urges his fellow countrymen to "stand together in this hard situation and support one another". Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg also entreats for unity in the country. No one can "shoot Norway to silence, the nation will not stop standing to its values", he says.

Great and very brave words in a time like this. Go Norway, our thoughts are with you!

This is from a blog of a girl who was at Utøya and witnessed the shootings. http://prableen.origo.no/-/bulletin/show/672218_helvete-paa-utoeya

I translated it with Google Translate and corrected some of the translation.

Hell at Utøya.

I woke up. I can not sleep more. I'm sitting in the living room. Feeling grief, anger, happiness, God, I do not know what. There are too many emotions. There are too many thoughts. I'm afraid. I react to the slightest sound. I will write about what happened on Utøya. What my eyes saw, what I felt, what I did. The words come straight from the gut, but I would also anonymize many names out of respect for my friends.

We had a crisis meeting in the main building after the explosions in Oslo. After that there was a meeting for members of Akershus and Oslo. After the meetings there were many, many people around and in the main building. We consoled ourselves that we were safe on an island. No one knew that hell would break out with us too.

I stood in the main hallway when panic broke out. I heard shots. I saw him shoot. All started to run. The first thought was: "Why is the police shooting at us? What the hell? "I ran into the little room. People ran. Screamed. I was scared. I managed to get into one of the rooms at the back of the building. We were many in there. We lay on the floor all together. We heard several shots. Were more afraid. I cried. I knew nothing. I saw my best friend through the window and wondered if I should go out and bring him to me. I did not. I saw fear in his eyes. We were lying on the floor inside the room for a few minutes. We agreed not to release more in case the killer came. We heard several shots and decided to jump out the window. Panic broke out among us. All in the room rushed to the window and tried to jump out. I was the last and thought: "I am the last to jump out the window. Now I'm dying. I'm sure, but it might be okay, then I know that the others are safe. "I threw my purse out the window. Tried to climb down, but lost my grip. I landed hard on the left side of the body. A boy helped me up. We ran into the woods. I looked around. "Is he here? Is he shooting at me? Can he see me?" A girl had a broken ankle. Another was severely injured. I tried to help a little bit before I went down to the water. I sought cover behind a sort of brick wall. We were many. I prayed, prayed, prayed. I hoped that God saw me. I called Mom and said that I was not sure we ​​would meet again, but that I would do anything to survive. I said several times that I loved her. I heard fear in her voice. She cried. It hurt. I sent a text message to my dad, told him I loved him. I sent a text message to another person I hold very, very dear. We kept in touch. I sent a text message to my best friend. He did not answer. We heard several shots. Huddled together. Did everything we could to keep warm. There were so many thoughts. I was so scared. My dad called me. I cried, said I loved him. He said he was going with my brother to get me when I come across to the mainland, or they came to the island. There were so many emotions. So many thoughts. I told everything I could. It took some time. The others called their parents. Eventually everybody started texting of fear that the killer would hear us. I thought of my sister who's away. How I would tell her how it went? What happened to me. I updated on Twitter and Facebook that I was still alive and that I was "safe." I wrote that I was waiting for the police. People jumped into the water, started swimming. I was lying. I decided that if he did come, I would play dead. I would not run or swim. I can not describe the fear, all my thoughts, what I felt.

A man came. "I'm from the police." I was lying. Some shouted back that he had to prove it. I do not remember exactly what he said, but the killer started shooting. He charged. Continued shooting. He shot those around me. I was lying. I think: "Now it's over. He's here. He takes me. Now I'm dying." People screamed. I heard that others were shot. Others jumped into the water. I was there. The mobile phone in hand. I lay on top of the legs of a girl. Two others laid on top of my legs. I was lying. I received text messages. The mobile phone rang several times. I was lying. I played dead. I lay there for at least an hour. It was completely quiet. I gently turned my head to see if I could see someone live. I saw dead bodies. I saw blood. Fear. I decided to get up. I had been lying on top of a dead body. There were two dead bodies on top of me. I had a guardian angel.

I did not know if he would come back again. I did not have the courage to look at all those who had called and texted me. I hurried down to the water. I took off my sweater. It was great. I thought it would be difficult to swim with it. I considered whether I should bring my cell phone or leave it. I put it in my back pocket and jumped into the water. I saw several others in the water. They had swum far. I saw that someone had gathered around an inflatable boat or something like that. There were many who picked up those who swam out. I swam, swam, and swam towards the air thing. I screamed. Weeped. Was cold. I thought of when I would drown. It was heavier and heavier. I prayed. I continued. Had tired arms. Decided to turn my back and just use my legs to swim with. I sank. I started to swim normally again. A little while I thought the people who had gathered around the inflatable boat began to move away. I screamed. Begged them to wait for me. I must have seen visions. I swam at least a few hundred meters before I arrived. We talked a little together. Told them our names, where we came from. The boats passed those of us who were shouting for help, but they picked up the others who swam first. A man in a boat came to us. He threw out several life jackets. I got hold of one. Got it on me. I held on to the small air boat a long time until the same man came back to pick us up. All got into it. He began to run towards the shore. After a while his boat started to take in some water. I did everything I could to get the most water out. I used a bucket. I was exhausted. Another girl in the boat took over. We came to the shore. We got blankets. Tears pressed on. I cried more. A woman hugged me. It was so good. I wept aloud. I sobbed. A man lent me his phone. I called my dad, "I'm alive. I did it. Now I am safe." I hung up. Cried more. We had to walk a bit. Completely unknown people took us into their cars and drove us to Sundvollen hotel. I ran in to see if I could see my best friend. I didn't see him anywhere. I saw a friend. I cried loudly. We hugged each other for a long time. It was good. I walked around, looking for friends. My heart pounded. I cried more. I signed up with the police, then went through all the lists. I did not know whether my best friend lived. I looked through all the lists. I could not find his name anywhere. I was scared. I got a duvet. I took off my wet socks. I was half naked. Got a jacket. I tried to dial a bit. Contacted my parents again. My dad and brother were on their way to fetch me. I drank some cocoa. I sat down. Thought. Wept. So many friends. Hugged them. Wept. I borrowed a computer. Updated the Facebook and Twitter again that I was safe. I was at the hotel for several hours before my family came. I looked for someone familiar. I talked to a priest. I told all I had seen. It was a good call. A man from the Red Cross saw all my wounds. Cleansed them. Time passed. I was with some of my friends. Everybody talked about the same. How we survived. What had happened. I asked several if they had seen my best friend. No one had seen him. I was scared. I thought that it was my fault because we had not managed to stay together. A friend got the key to a hotel room. We sat there, looked at the news. There was anger, sorrow, so many emotions. My dad called, they had come. I took the elevator down. Ran out to them. Hugged my brother and my dad a long time. I wept aloud. My brother was crying too. It was a good moment. I saw a boy who looked like my best friend. I shouted his name. He turned around. It was him. We hugged each other for long. Both crying, we asked each other how we had managed. After a while, I registered myself and we drove home. Someone else sat in with us. My best friend was with me. His brother had come to me with his best friend. There were several who had gathered at my home. They would not go home until they had seen that I was fine. We talked a little bit. I drank a glass of juice. Ate a yogurt. Talked some more with my mom and my family. I called my best friend. It was a good call. She said: "I was not sure if I would ever get this phone." Tears pressed on. We talked a little bit. After that I lay. It was three. Mom refused to let me sleep alone, so we slept together.

Several hours have passed since all this happened. I'm still in shock. Everything has not sunken in. I have seen the corpses of my friends. Several of my friends are missing. I am glad that I can swim. I am glad that I live. For that God watched over me. There are so many emotions, so many thoughts. I think of all the relatives. In all I lost. In the hell that is and was on the island. This summer's most beautiful fairy tale is transformed into Norway's worst nightmare

Guest PiotrekS

What a nightmare. How low can a man's heart sink, to shoot so many young people, in cold blood...

The survivors, families and friends of the victims will now need help and support. I hope the press will leave them in peace.

My thoughts are with people of Norway.

potentially not just a distraction if you ask me, just that they were home made with fertilizer, so not something he or they knew much about potentially, hence placement of it and so on might had too do with it being more preasure damage with windows blow out

an automatic gun may be a bit easier too handle and something they would know more of how too handle as its mandatory military duty in norway, so chance is they did serve a year in the military learning gun handling

i am not surprised the death toll rised, 1 it was known early on it was an automatic weapon, 2 he fired wildly, many was bound too be hit more so then 10 and many would die from serious injuries, 3 people jumped in the water potentially already damaged some of them, its not that warm in the water there, they were panicking going in with clothes too swim a rather long streatch

and we knew there were several 100s of kids out there on an island, and there were confusion because he was trying to make them believe he was a cop

the death rates is bound too rise among those damaged, and as they fine comb the water and isles around, there are quite a few still not accounted for, some may be among those dead found and not identified, some may still be missing, some are unidentified in hospitals...there is also that they need too figure out how many were out there on daytrips and not sleeping over out there

names are starting too be released in local papers by leave of parents, but none are sure of having full oversigth last i checked this afternoon some hours ago so

potentially not just a distraction if you ask me, just that they were home made with fertilizer, so not something he or they knew much about potentially, hence placement of it and so on might had too do with it being more preasure damage with windows blow out

an automatic gun may be a bit easier too handle and something they would know more of how too handle as its mandatory military duty in norway, so chance is they did serve a year in the military learning gun handling

i am not surprised the death toll rised, 1 it was known early on it was an automatic weapon, 2 he fired wildly, many was bound too be hit more so then 10 and many would die from serious injuries, 3 people jumped in the water potentially already damaged some of them, its not that warm in the water there, they were panicking going in with clothes too swim a rather long streatch

and we knew there were several 100s of kids out there on an island, and there were confusion because he was trying to make them believe he was a cop

the death rates is bound too rise among those damaged, and as they fine comb the water and isles around, there are quite a few still not accounted for, some may be among those dead found and not identified, some may still be missing, some are unidentified in hospitals...there is also that they need too figure out how many were out there on daytrips and not sleeping over out there

names are starting too be released in local papers by leave of parents, but none are sure of having full oversigth last i checked this afternoon some hours ago so

Couple of things wrong here.

1.He has absolutely no ties to any branch of the Norwegian military, and has never served in any form of military service either. (Military service has not been mandatory for 100% of all men in Norway for many many years).

2. All reports indicate that he didn't fire wildly around him, but rather that he was extremely calm, collected and methodical. The high death toll indicates this as well, simply shooting around you wildly like a maniac wont result in 85+ deaths in under two hours.

Archived