DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Big Explosion in Oslo

Haxorsist

Earlier today an explosion went off in Oslo near most of the government buildings in the capital. Reports say it's a bomb, though this hasn't been confirmed by any official sources. I'm watching the live coverage now, and it looks like a war zone. Norwegians check in to let us know you're okay!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Haxorsist,

I'm in the UK, put the news on after reading ur post. The pictures are crazy, you're right it does look like a war-zone. It says that they're not sure what caused it but judging by the commentary they seem certain it's NOT a gas explosion and appears to b some thing more sinister. Thoughts go to anybody(or their family) caught in the blast.

I just watched a report saying that there was road construction being done in the area, so they wouldn't rule out a gas explosion. Let's hope it's a gas explosion. I don't know how powerful blast that would create. The blast blew out windows 1 km away.

The ex-Norwegian PM was/is on the island

The ex-PM (Gro Harlem Brundtland) was there a few days ago. The current PM was reportedly scheduled to give a speech there later today.

Edit: Apparently Brundtland left there an hour before the shooting. Reports are also saying that the gunman has been killed or apprehended by the police.

Yep last i heard the kill count was 7 on the kids.

Which is good considering there were hundreds of kids on the island

7 People are confirmed dead after the bombing in downtown Oslo. Whereas the Police have confirmed that at least 10 people are dead after the shooting at Utøya, with an eyewitness telling NRK (Our BBC) there must be 20-30 casualties.

Oh, so they now believe he was behind both?

jackwagon

A man dressed like a police officer (like the one who went on a rampage on Utøya) was also seen around the car that blew up in downtown Oslo earlier today.

Archived