DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

MINGAN - Come on down this is your thread

Talya

:o I get my very own thread... awesome. **curls up in the corner and falls asleep**

hmm a bit about myself, well I'll give you what I did today and then a brief overview of my life in general. (yay for lack of sleep inspiring you to go into way to much detail)

I woke up early this morning just after noon, everything was quiet... (the first sign of trouble) I knew that I was needed somewhere so I made my way outside to see some of my family in the middle of treating cattle on my front lawn... Being the kind and benevolent person I pretend to be I quickly deduced that my help was needed (there was a lot of complaining happening). After a while of helping them, my brothers fiance walked into the yard and I knew there was trouble (I don't really like her but that's a long story and not lightly told at that) turns out while I was sleeping my brother had gotten run over by one of the yearlings and was in the hospital... Upon finding out that my life was in danger I quickly left the whole thing and hid in my room. I didn't have any plans for the day and since my car is being fixed at the moment and I live in the country and there is absolutely nothing to do, (can't even go to the lake that's across the road because of all the flooding that's happening) I felt inclined to spend the day doing something indoors, so i read books while playing Warcraft 3 and texting people... all in all I read 3 books and played several maps and really annoyed one of my friends. :p So now the time is 5:50 AM... I have to be up in a couple hours, and I have a headache from a lack of sleep (turns out when you keep waking up earlier and not going to bed earlier your head starts to do funny things)

Well I live in Manitoba which is in Canada, I'm a christian, I used to read a lot of books but I've slowed down a lot in my old age... oh and I'm 21 and male. Not to sure what else you would find interesting, there's lots I could tell you but I'd hate to bore you more then I already have. Though if you've read this far you've obviously gone through rigorous training of reading the ramblings of the sleep depraved.

Not enough sleep - I know all about that subject...

Welcome Mingan to this lovely place called the Black Tower. I´m Storm Leader of the Shadow and you can come to me with any questions you might have.

So you only read three books yesterday - I wonder how many you read when you were younger and read much. :wacko:

heh yeah, the only problem with my lack of sleep is I know better... that and when I try to go to sleep I lay in bed for hours unless I'm totally exhausted...

Thanks, I'll remember that :)

As for the books they were just short novels, barely 300 pages if that, I was just reading them when I got bored of playing Warcraft (though since they were in the Warcraft world it wasn't that much of a shift) :p. When I was younger I'd easily read 3 books of the size of Robert Jordan's every day. Now I never seem to actually sit down and read anything (even the books i read today were on the computer in a .pdf file) and it's a shame since I own a lot of books with quite a few unread as of yet.

Welcome MINGAN! I am mcs, the Faction leader of the Shadow. I welcome you to our community! You've already been introduced to one of my SLs, but watch out for the other one. He tends to be a bit forth-coming... lol Anyway, I'm sure I speak for all when I say that if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

I'm sorry but three books of 300 pages in a day is darn good! I'm a slow reader and take ages, lol.

*glares at MCS before he says anything about age!!*

Now Mingan, should I ask why there were cattle on your front lawn? And 5.30am in the morning is way too early to be up. As for 2 hours before! no wonder you have a headache! biggrin.gif

Thanks mcs, Forth-coming eh, is that bad? So i have a question now, what do all these different titles actually mean :D. To a new person like me.

Idk, :p I either read a lot or not at all so I've gotten used to it. and there's nothing wrong with taking a long time, when I'm rereading a series I try to take longer since the whole point of me reading them again is for my own pleasure.

Hmm, should you? that's a very good question... but since I can't answer that I'll just tell you why there were cattle in my front lawn. Several members of my family own cattle and some of them happen to be on our home quarter at the moment. Now I don't know why they decided to set up the corral in front of the house but they did it anyways, I just got there towards the end when they were treating the calves so we gave them several needles and the males got cheerios and they all got sprayed.

I agree that 5:30 AM is way to early to be up but in my case it's more often way to late to be up instead... :p

Not 100% sure what you mean by the 2 hours before part, I must be missing something I said.

When you get access to the private boards you can read all about BT ranks, structure etc in The BT Information Thread.

But since you asked for an explanation, here are the staff positions:

Our excellent SG Leader, who likes to set things on fire, is Talmanes

Locke is Faction Leader of the Light and his two minions are Talya and Song, who are called Storm Leaders of the Light

MCS is Faction Leader of the Shadow and he gets superb help from me and Ed, who are Storm Leaders of the Shadow

Actually most of us is new on our current positions since there has been changes here recently.

Thanks though to clarify I guess I meant "What powers/responsibilities does having a title give you" although if it's somewhere in a thread there's no need to repost it, I'll find it eventually.

I may be mad but I might be trying to fight it... *twitch*

hahaha, I enjoy setting things on fire also...

If you are a higher rank than comeone you can give them push ups! When you are Asha'man and above you also have an allocation of points you can give out in a month on a whim. (That will be Attack Leaders, Storm Leaders Faction Leaders and Org Leader). The ranks that have moderator pawers on the boards and help runs things are Storm Leaders and above. These ranks can be filled from any other rank who have applied for the position when they have come up. Once they resign from the role they would automatically revert to their rank as per One Power levels.

There are links in the PM I sent you and should go to the website, so that you can start reading up on things. Feel free to ask any questions though....except for the recipe for the Tainted Brownies - only I have that and it's locked away....all secret like and I'm not telling anyone where!

*ahem* I am ze Lord of 13, often referred to as Lord, Of and/or 13 (not necessarily in that order). I claim your pesky little corpse awakening powers in the name of the Shadow. We have cookies! Everyone has brownies. Albeit a tad... tainty. *sneaks one from the plate and munches*

Oh, yeah. Sleep deprived. *nods quietly* Fully agree with ya.

ya i had gotten a chance to read what was posted in the other site after i posted that...

**looks in Talyas sock drawer** huh well you sure hid them good since i can't find them... :(

**licks cookies and passes out**

i gtg reply to the rest latter :p

Back, Hi 13, did you know that you're my favorite number? you didn't? well now you do. Unfortunately I'm sad to say that I'm unclaimable... it was a tragic accident when I was little... something about a goat and a man sized mortar.. idk the details.

ah well the government had my province flooded so I don't think it's safe to be in the lake at all... even when the water bunnies are spawning... since the lake is contaminated now who knows what you'd die from if you go into the water... (it's both sad and funny, sad because I know so many people who are going to lose their livelihoods including relatives. and funny because it's a man made flood and there's nothing the people here can do about it.(better to laugh then cry right))

Archived