DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

(Moved from Tinker DG) Welcome to our Fires!

Charis alAslan

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you my doctor in disguise?  I really don't like celery.  I eat it as punishment for eating things that I do enjoy.  Same with the carrots.  Green pepper is OK.  Dill pickles and olives are yum yum.  Sucks to get old.  I used to eat whatever I wanted (mostly red meat if I could afford to buy it)...mashed potatoes and gravy...pasta...COOKIES!!!  All "bad" stuff now.  :(

If these fires are like those in the series, I will definitely visit as often as possible.  The Lost Ones are my favorite characters in the books.  I don't know if I could follow the Way of the Leaf 100% all of the time, but it is an attractive life style.  Grow what you need on top of your wagon.  Trade your skills for the dry goods that you need.  Dance and sing after supper.  Only thing is, wouldn't it tend to lead toward inbreeding?  :-\

we keep very detailed geneology records around here... we know who to stay away from and who to "bug" ;)

If you'll be visiting us, would you like to be put on the member's page? you'd be just in time, too! The Song (newsletter) will be released -very- soon and I'm putting new and returned members in there (pretty much everyone but William, here, LOL)

I really do appreciate the offer.  I'm trying not to join any organizations.  Must be a committment thing?  Having fun visiting the different sites.  So far, my personality seems to fit best at Fiddlesticks (all fun, no committment).  I've worked hard all of my life.  It feels good to do something just for enjoyment.

When Perrin and Egwene spent that few days with the wagons I actually felt their relief.  Relaxed.  At peace.  No fear.  No stress.  However, I do think it's far past time for the Tinkers and the Aiel to bury the ancient hatchet and reunite in Rhuidean.  This could be the new home of the new Jenn (Tinker/Aiel).  Go find the song in the glass columns and bask beneath the last of the Chora trees!  I don't remember the formal departure speech that Elyas made when they left the wagons so:

May the wheels of your wagons never need grease and the paint hold it's color forever.

May all of your children enjoy every day of their lives.  If you see trollocs...RUN!

Remember that all whitecloaks are liars and thieves who will steal your children!

Feed your dogs well and breed them often.  Nurtured pups will protect your home.

If you ever need someone to talk to or sing or dance with, come find old Gramps!

Are you my doctor in disguise?  I really don't like celery.  I eat it as punishment for eating things that I do enjoy.  Same with the carrots.  Green pepper is OK.  Dill pickles and olives are yum yum.  Sucks to get old.  I used to eat whatever I wanted (mostly red meat if I could afford to buy it)...mashed potatoes and gravy...pasta...COOKIES!!!  All "bad" stuff now.  :(

I hope I never get too old to eat cookies! :( *gives you his olives and pickles, and keeps the celery for himself* ;)

If these fires are like those in the series, I will definitely visit as often as possible.  The Lost Ones are my favorite characters in the books.  I don't know if I could follow the Way of the Leaf 100% all of the time, but it is an attractive life style.  Grow what you need on top of your wagon.  Trade your skills for the dry goods that you need.  Dance and sing after supper.  Only thing is, wouldn't it tend to lead toward inbreeding?  :-\

I really don't think so. I don't think every band stays by itself all the time, and plus there's always some new blood when someone comes to join the Tuatha'an.

I really do appreciate the offer.  I'm trying not to join any organizations.  Must be a committment thing?  Having fun visiting the different sites.  So far, my personality seems to fit best at Fiddlesticks (all fun, no committment).  I've worked hard all of my life.  It feels good to do something just for enjoyment.

Well, you're certainly welcome and there's no need to join. :) Just enjoy yourself here! Hopefully we can learn something from you! ;)

However, I do think it's far past time for the Tinkers and the Aiel to bury the ancient hatchet and reunite in Rhuidean.  This could be the new home of the new Jenn (Tinker/Aiel).  Go find the song in the glass columns and bask beneath the last of the Chora trees!

I do think that Rhuidean would be a good safe place for the Tuatha'an. And certainly a paradise now that there's water there. But I think the Aiel are rather attached to their hatchets. ;) They don't attack us Tinkers, but I don't know if they would even let us near Rhuidean. But surely we accept anyone who wishes to take the Way - many of the despairing Aiel came and found their home and family among us after being told their history by the Dragon.

I don't remember the formal departure speech that Elyas made when they left the wagons so:

May the wheels of your wagons never need grease and the paint hold it's color forever.

May all of your children enjoy every day of their lives.  If you see trollocs...RUN!

Remember that all whitecloaks are liars and thieves who will steal your children!

Feed your dogs well and breed them often.  Nurtured pups will protect your home.

If you ever need someone to talk to or sing or dance with, come find old Gramps!

You honor us, Grandfather. Thank you!

it doesn't have to be a commitment, not at all! We're very relaxed over here and occasionally we hold discussions of this and that and what-not. I was just asking about that incase you wished to try to earn points if you wanted a rank and stuff. I'll just put you as a regular visitor, then! :D

*whispers something to Will about making a specialty name for a regular visitor*

true, true ^^

too bad he doesn't need an avatar, lol. I could make one for him this weekend. hopefully I'll go home and get to fix Salome, Nemo (yes, Nemo's!), and your avatar. I may stay to paint the room, though...

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello Tinkers!

I'm not a dancer but I'm all for the veggies and music!  Was just wandering by  ;) and was wondering how all this works.  I mean, how do I join boards?  I'm a newbie.   :o  I briefly read some posts earlier about visitors and members.  What I'm getting at is:  what are the rules?  And how do I find out what the rules are?  I'm Lost.  :'(

Welcome, greenwriter! don't worry, no one is ever so far lost they cannot be found ^^

Mcs is right, it depends on the ORG :) most places you can post on a new members sign in page, in others you just start posting. We don't really have anything to let us know we have new members here, so if you wish to join the Tinkers just say so and I'll be glad to add you to the Leaf!

in the tuatha'an we don't really have a rule except we like to keep violence off our boards. after all, we are the peace keepers of dragonmount ;) we are literally a discussion group. we like to come up with random topics to discuss to find out other people's views. we let anyone join in on them - members, visitors from other orgs, site guests. all of them :) and it's nt a requirement to participate in them if you are a member, although we would like to hear your opinion, lol. ^^

if you have any questions, I am the Mahdi and would be happy to answer any additional questions you may have :) welcome to our fires and make yourself at home! no matter how breifly that may be :P

ooo! dancing!

*pulls mcs up*

c'mon! every new tinker gets to learn this dance eventually! It's our trademark dance, lol. It's called the Tiganza!

*starts going through the movements, hoping he'll catch on soon*

just try not to step on my feet too much :P

Archived