DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

(Moved from Tinker DG) Welcome to our Fires!

Charis alAslan

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

lol, and I have to go for 10 days when all this happens... joy...

oh yea, starting this friday (June 2nd) I'm going on a 10 day vacation and won't be back until June 11th, just so ya won't go crazy if I go missing again, lol. I'll get to see Lor's new house! :D

weeee! *is danced from one end of the Wagons to the other* see? you're a better dancer than you thought you were! *ggls*

it's my last day here for a week and a half or so, but I'll be back soon! I get to get online at the hotels, but I'll only be on for my raising to Aes Sedai, most likely. I'll talk to you guys later! byes :D

Guest Froix

*sits by the fire to wait for a dancing partner*

I believe he means cloning sheep or maybe cloning life in general.

oh, I come back to find out I passed right by a DMer?! I was in Atlanta for two days! No fair, lol. but I am back, now. My feet are aching, but I'm still willing to dance! :D

*resumes her dancing with Friox*

I've missed this, lol. nice to be back! :)

• 1 month later...

I sure hope it does! he can't forget to leave us Tinkers out! :D

and wasn't there mention of the Song before? That it was sung with the Grrenman, the Ogiers, the Aiel/Tinkers, and some other species? I need it for a major RP idea on Runnings. I just got my Tinker Mahdi approved :P

Welcome, Thread. :)

I don't think the Song will be found in AMOL. For one thing, there's too much for RJ to do in that book that's more important to the plot, and he's already said that some loose ends will remain.

The main reason though, is this - if we want to know about the end of the search, we must look to the beginnings of it. The Da'shain Aiel were tasked to find a safe place for the ter'angreal, angreal, and sa'angreal, and for themselves. Of course, I think the true reason the Aes Sedai gave them this task was to save them and send them away from the carnage - this is shown when Rand is going through the pillars and the Aes Sedai hesitates when she says the "things" must be kept safe. Now, those things -may- have been needed to place there to fulfill prophesy, but this is off the subject.

When those who would become the Tuatha'an broke off, it was because the Da'shain were being attacked for being Da'shain - everyone knew they wouldn't fight back, so they robbed and raped them freely. The main interest of the Tuatha'an was to find a "safe place" and the secondary interest was to find the "old songs too." In other words, they wanted the Age of Legends back, or a place like it. They simply equate "finding a safe place" with "finding the song." It's all one - but a call back to this earlier, first instinct to find a safe place is seen in KoD, when the bands of the Tuatha'an are traveling to lands controlled by the Seanchan because it's a safe place for them. So, in a sense, the "song" may have already been found - the song that brings peace to the world hasn't been, and is itself probably a myth built from exaggeration of the potency of the power-filled songs of the Age of Legends. But in the sense that "The Song" is "the safe place" it may have been found. How safe Seanchan lands are for the Tuatha'an remains to be seen.

If we're stricter, and demand an end to warfare, I don't think we'll find it. The Wheel of Time turns, and ages come and pass. Everything happens and happens again - the Age of Legends will come, and Saidin will be tainted, and the world will be broken, etc. But I believe the song will be found when the first person first swears to keep the Covenant of the Leaf. If this happens, it may be Aiel who've left the Aiel and joined the Tuatha'an. . . but even myth is long forgotten when the age that gave it birth comes again. So I think that, if the Song is found, it will not be the Tuatha'an who find it.

Archived