DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Which Rand

Stitch

74 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the versions of Rand do you find the 'best' overall, the easiest to relate to, or the most interesting/coolest?

• Sheepherder - After leaving the Two Rivers; not eager to leave but willing to face what comes
    • Shadowkiller - After leaving Shienar and still denying he was Dragon; just wants to be alone but there for his friends
    • Caracarn - After naming himself the Dragon and Chief of Chiefs; following the prophecies and trying to get the jump on his foes
    • 'Hard' Rand - After Dumai's wells (and later Far Madding), expanding his empire and struggling with Lewis
    • Dark Rand - After killing Sem and nearly Min; taking no nonsense from anyone
    • Rand Sedai - After his enlightenment on Dragonmount, no longer a sword
    • Dead Rand - End this loser's existence already!

Sit down at a table, preparing to play the other persons game... Then punch the bitch right flush in the face

Dark Rand for sure.

I LOVED when he balefired the entire tower and i got chills when Lews Therin screamed "ITS HIM."

In fact i'm getting a nerdgasm just remembering it hahahah

That said, Rand Sedai is pretty G too. Reading him just nonchalantly strolling into the White Tower and having a chat with good old Eggs was classic as was his pwnage of Cadsuane...

I liked Hard Rand. I really empathized with the guy, at that stage in his development he's still fundamentally a good guy, trying to do the right thing, reluctant to hurt people. Yet he's faced with these decisions that flay his soul, he has to kill those loyal to him at times and manipulate people that he cares for. And throughout all this, he's also isolating himself and pushing away anyone who could serve as a crutch and support while believing that he's going mad, with that voice in his head.

It's honestly very sad, which I don't mind, because I think too many books and movies are very happy-go-lucky and optimistic.

Dark Rand is a close second. That dude was bad-ass.

Archived