DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Game of Thrones

hotpocket2006

Those are very nice promo pics. I think that I will spend Sunday night reading the book for the first time. I don't have HBO, and even if I did, I would just record the series and watch it after I complete reading AGOT. I've decided I would rather finish the book before I watch the show.

Those are very nice promo pics. I think that I will spend Sunday night reading the book for the first time. I don't have HBO, and even if I did, I would just record the series and watch it after I complete reading AGOT. I've decided I would rather finish the book before I watch the show.

Good choice ^^ The books are amazing and I would definitely recommend those over the show, as I have a feeling, though I believe the show will be great, it just won't have the magic that the books do. The newest book, A Dance With Dragons, comes out in July. Super stoked for that.

I too have my DVR set!! I watched the 15 minute preview they had two weeks ago, and it was pretty cool. The Others totally look creepy and awesome.

That sucks Christine!! Though is very sweet. I definitely couldn't have that self control >.> When do you go to Japan?

Yeah I do believe the show will be available online to watch, though not sure where yet.

It took me a while to get through Gardens of the Moon as well. And then I only skimmed Deadhouse Gates. I was disappointed that the main character wasn't Paran in Deadhouse Gates anymore....So I only read his parts during the book, I still have to go back and read the rest of it haha.

(Oh and I'll be getting around to watching Game of Thrones tonight!) ^^

*laughs* Good thing TMD as it is now Thursday :tongue:

So I suppose anything other than general talk on how you liked the show, etc should be put in spoiler tags as I know some people haven't read the books or seen the show yet, so be courteous. If I find it too spoilerific then I'll either pm you to change it or just edit it myself to put in spoiler tags. Thank you ^^

It's been a while since I've read the books. Is the time-line on par to everyone? If I remember correctly the blond brother and sister (I can't remember how to spell their names lol) didn't enter the series until book 2 or 3 right?

Nope Dany and Viserys were in the first book. The timeline is perfect so far. It's happening exactly how the books did, with maybe a couple changes.

remember King Robert wants to kill them, meaning Dany and Viserys, but Ned is super against is because of their age and it wasn't their fault of what happened. It would be hard for that to happen in the second book as Ned and Robert are both dead.

All in all, how did everyone like the show? I personally loved it. They did change a few things, but I felt like they were inconsequential things.

Archived