DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Pre-owned games suggestion

Kaznen

I got a PS3 at the end of December and am saving money by playing the many awesome games that have been released then traded back to the local game stop.

But I don't know what's good and what's not.

Right now I'm playing Assassin's Creed 2 and Uncharted 2 and Batman: Arkham Asylum. I played and traded back, MGS4, Castlevania, Heavy Rain, Resident Evil 5.

Any suggestions?

• Community Administrator

Bayonnetta?

Mirrors Edge?

Uncharted 1? :P

Little Big Planet 1 or 2. (not sure if 2s out)

Definately, Gran Turismo 5.

Plausibly Grand Theft Auto 4 (or is it 5? Dunno)

Disgea 3 if you like tactic rpgs. (think, FF Tactics)

Bad Company 2 ruined me for all other multiplayer FPS to the destructable terrain and combined arms. But if you buy it used, you'll have to shell out extra for all the maps as DLC.

I've really enjoyed Far Cry 2, UFC Undisputed 2010, Transformers: War for Cybertron, Red Dead Redemption, Dead Space, Red Faction: Guerrilla, Prototype

Heh. I feel the same way about inFamous. I'd never heard of it untill they started playing the commercials, bought it on a whim, took it back after a week and traded it in to get $40 off Prototype and was mmuch more satisfied. Different strokes. XD

I also traded in Far Cry 2 because the gameplay got a bit repetitive, but rebought it last year because I found I really missed playing it. Even if someone likes certain games, and you think that means they'll also like other similr games, it's really tough to know what someone will like or won't like, unless they really tend toward liking certain genres (ie: I have a friend who gobbles up every shooter and God of War-style action game and pretty much turns his nose up to everything else)

• Community Administrator

I find Infamous and Prototype to be nearly the same game, in terms of gameplay.

Storywise, Infamous wins due to comic-time travel. (if you beat it, you'd know what i'm talking about)

Course, both games lack replayability even though they are sandboxes. Something sandboxes (GTA, infamous, prototype) forget, is having multiple ways to finish a 'quest' or a 'mission' is key.

inFamous was much better story-wise, but I didn't enjoy the combat or Cole's powerset very much.

Particularily early on, a lot of his attacks felt either underpowered or imprecise. His city is smaller and the buildings aren't as high.

Whereas the character in Prototype almost had too many powers, but ultimately I had a lot more fun controlling him and felt a lot more powerful.

You had a much much wider array of tools availiable to you, and if all else fails, you can scoop up a rocket launcher, jump in a tank or jack an attack chopper.

They were pretty similar in lots of ways, but I had much more fun with Prototype, and still have my copy kicking around for when I feel like random mayhem.

Archived