DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Is it horribly insensitive of me....

randsc

• 2 weeks later...

Well...

Aside from the pure absurdity and humor of it, its quite interesting.

Is this some kind of mental (i wont say disease).... anomaly?

Or is it just because they cant develop relationships with people, so they convince themselves they are in relationships with objects?

Amazing how the human mind works.

i think that these people who develope emotional attachments maybe had some sort of tramatic event and its their way of cooping. this is sort of similar to Hoarding in a way; as with Hoarding there is an emtional attachment formed with all the clutter as well. its not romantic, but more of cooping or dealing with a trama (like losing a child or loved one, or a child going off to school) most times, Haording is triggered by the ened to fill a loss or whole in ones life. it's a cooping mechanisim. other times, Hoarding is a safety mechanism. people feel comforted by the clutter being around them.

this is probably something similar to hoarding, only on a romantic level. as romance involves attachment, these people probably have a deep seated fear of being unneeded or fear of being neglected or left. which an inanimate object wont do. we also see that they surround themselves with their romantic item; in a way, hoarding or collecting similar items that cause a romantic interest.

my guess, is that the trigger comes froma tramatic event concerning a relationship with a human.

• 4 weeks later...

There was a guy on Youtube who filmed the marriage ceremony between him and his cat. Weird.

There was also that story about the Japanese guy who married either a video game or Anime character... I forget which.

It's a psychosis developed from being unable to create relationships of the same kind with other human beings. Pitiful.

i wouldn't call it pitiful, some people are just really anti social and lack the skills able to form a bond or even comunicate with other people without feeling awkward or ostrasized. not to mention youhave some mental disabilities which make social connections with other humans neer impossible.

asperger's is one of those i can think of off the top of my head. so saying their pitiful just bgecuase they can't so what others deem as easy is rather harsh A. Pseudonym.

not to mention, theres people like myself who are severly introverted and find it hard to socialize with others outside of the internet. also, if these people were tramatized in childhood by their peers, can you really fault them for their defense mechanisims which allows them to not only coop but also to be happy with their lot in life?

not to mention, theres people like myself who are severly introverted and find it hard to socialize with others outside of the internet. also, if these people were tramatized in childhood by their peers, can you really fault them for their defense mechanisims which allows them to not only coop but also to be happy with their lot in life?

Yes.

Otherwise I am obliged to excuse and compensate for their deficiencies and burden myself with them. But I wouldn't call them happy. They're like scared little children holding their blankets over their heads in the vain hope that the bogeyman won't see them. Clutching at straws.

Sure the world is a hard place and we all experience pain.... but how we react to that pain and how we adapt ourselves to live with it measures our strength and our willingness to pay the price of being alive.

These women create delusions in their minds as a substitute for the relationships they can never experience with people and project these delusions onto inanimate objects. It's pathetic and pitiful because it is indicative of their weakness and the indirect methods with which they seek to meet their normal human needs in response. They're damaged goods.

If you excuse psychological dysfunction on the grounds that it makes emotionally crippled people "happier" the only thing you achieve is to prolong and justify their suffering by participating in their fantasy.

Did you watch the bit where the fat one had "sex" with an oily pipe? Or the bridge one had it off with the Eiffel Tower? It's totally absurd. Tragicomedic.

• 3 weeks later...

That's just mean and elitist of you Pseudonym. perhaps they need help, perhaps they are "damaged goods", but they are not hurting anyone, and they are happy enough.

to be honest i have heard of worse things than having sex with a pipe or a landmark, so as long as it is consensual, who are we to judge?

That's just mean and elitist of you Pseudonym.

I am elitist. It means I have standards. Standards which determine whether I respect another human being or not.

To give respect to another merely because that other is alive seems to me to be indicative of a definite lack of standards.

If this means that I am "mean" in that I may give offense to another or upset anothers sense of self as a result of my values then yes.... I am also "mean".

perhaps they need help, perhaps they are "damaged goods", but they are not hurting anyone, and they are happy enough.

They're not happy. Their delusions are escapism which serve to distance their awareness of their reality. A reality of social inadequacy.

Whether or not they are personally responsible for this eventuality is irrelevant given that their chosen response to it in the form of this delusion indicates that they are weak minds retreating inwardly rather than adapting themselves to circumstance.

And no, they are not hurting anyone immediately. But I find that the weak link in a group is often that groups undoing.... and I suppose that an instinct has emerged among human beings to cut out from a group any member of that group who will be more burden than benefit.

Sociality, after all, is nothing more than mutual self interest.

If I were hiring new employees and one of these women turned up I'd turn them down because I know they'd cause nothing but trouble for me.

Sure you can peddle that humanitarian schtick, but in the end you have placed another burden on yourself and this object-sexual person is still crazy; but now she's legitimized through your support so she's even further from healing her mind.

Sometimes you just can't get your hands dirty. Do you know what I mean?

to be honest i have heard of worse things than having sex with a pipe or a landmark, so as long as it is consensual, who are we to judge?

You're very young. You'll think differently when you're older.

*sigh* You're all missing the damn point. Never mind the bridge. The woman is an ARCHER, who has a sexual relationship with her BOW. Gotta keep it on WoT topic.

Lol randsc.. getting frustrated are we? =P I did get your point. Do I get a cookie for that? o.O

guys keep the discussion civil and use a bit of tact. everyones entitled to their opinions, but i do ask if you make a judgement of someone based on their life style choices that you employ a bit of empathy in your response okay.

Archived