DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ilyena and Demandred?

Ilyena

That would be a weird theory, but since she wasn't changed all the way, i seriously doubt it. Also, i have a hard time believeing the foxes wouldn't kill her out right, since she's shadow spawn. Maybe the stilling she suffered tumbling through the terangreal depleted her total power when the DO reawakened her...

BTW, something that's always bugged me is why hasn't the DO respawned any of his other Chosen from AOL?

That would be a weird theory' date=' but since she wasn't changed all the way, i seriously doubt it. Also, i have a hard time believeing the foxes wouldn't kill her out right, since she's shadow spawn. Maybe the stilling she suffered tumbling through the terangreal depleted her total power when the DO reawakened her...

BTW, something that's always bugged me is why hasn't the DO respawned any of his other Chosen from AOL?[/quote']

I really don't get this. Why do so many people think she was stilled on her way through the ter'angreal? Because Cyndane is weaker now?

J

Maybe the DO decided not to catch the souls in the small Window of oppurtunity he had. Or they could have been killed during the Balefire times. The DO could have had them killed and didnt want them back and maybe this is a new theory for who Taim is.....

Everyone assumes Moiraine and Lanfear where stilled tumbling through the terangreal because Lan can't sense Moiraine anymore. This is because he could obviously still sense her when she entered through the Eelfinn's way. I understand the confusion, but I do agree with the theory.

Maybe the DO decided not to catch the souls in the small Window of oppurtunity he had. Or they could have been killed during the Balefire times. The DO could have had them killed and didnt want them back and maybe this is a new theory for who Taim is.....

I always had the impression that the 13 Forsaken we are aquainted with were, in fact, the most note-worthy and powerful of the Forsaken. Hence that would be the reason that they were all gathered at the Bore when the Hundred Compantions struck. The most important and powerful would have been close to the Dark One and when he was sealed, they were sealed with him.

If there were any more, I suppose he did not deem them important enough to save.

Yes but we learned after the opening of the bore to its sealing there were other forsaken. Im sure the Darkone could have their souls floating around somewhere. Also why would the DO save and re-use the same forsaken's souls in this age and not do it in the AOL?

Guest Majsju

In the AOL, the DO didn't exactly have a shortage of Forsaken. Those who died were simply not strong enough, so for the DO it was simply culling the herd.

Now he only had 13 to start with, and that number has been decreasing since they started to pop out back in the world.

Now, since the DO has pretty much the same attitude towards 3rd age channelers as the Forsaken, obviously the few Forsaken left are extremely important. Which doesn't mean they will get infinite chances, I am pretty sure Aginor will not get the chance to screw up a 3rd time...

Here's an idea, RJ has said many times that he didn't think the series would go beyond the first book, he didn't think the series would go beyond the second book, he thought it was a faint possibility that it would go beyond the third book.

Maybe he was just killing off the Forsaken way to fast because he didn't think it would go far, heck, he got rid of 4 forsaken in the first 3 books (six if you count Ishy 3 times :D)

And to comment on the the Golden hair thing, our immage of gold and RJ's immage of gold could be two different things. We invision gold as a yellowish thing, maybe RJ invisioned it as a redish thing. :wink:

that is a very different theory, but the forsaken being "reborn" is not an outside strech because of the horn of valere. If the heros from the ages can be spun back out why not the forsaken? But that does lead to one real question though, why is it that the ONLY Aes Sedai(LTT), (male or female), has been reborn?? Is it part of the power? or should i say a limitation of the power?? does the extended life the Aes Sedia live not allow them to be woven back into the pattern? There are other very important Aes Sedai through out the story, yet they never seem to hear about them.

Guest Majsju
that is a very different theory' date=' but the forsaken being "reborn" is not an outside strech because of the horn of valere. If the heros from the ages can be spun back out why not the forsaken? But that does lead to one real question though, why is it that the ONLY Aes Sedai(LTT), (male or female), has been reborn?? Is it part of the power? or should i say a limitation of the power?? does the extended life the Aes Sedia live not allow them to be woven back into the pattern? There are other very important Aes Sedai through out the story, yet they never seem to hear about them.[/quote']

Everyone is reborn. What makes LTT unique is that everyone knows that he is reborn as rand al'Thor. For everyone else, their previous lives is irrelevant to their current life.

All expect the heros of the horn, when you hear bridgette talking about gaidail cain, she knows him whenever she is reborn, and he her, and they hang out int the world of dreams. yet for as much as the dream walkers go there, there is never any mention of relatives long gone, so are they spun out immediately after death i wonder

Guest Majsju

The heroes of the horn are exceptions, the "normal" souls return to a "soulpool", where they wait until it's time to be reborn.

• 2 weeks later...

If we are taking the idea that forever and in all eternity, history repeats itself with the dragon being reborn to "face the Dark One" over and over and over....

Then it would make sense to me that Lews Therin = Rand al'Thor. Ilyena = Elayne. And Damendred (Sp?) = Mazrim Taim.

Witness how in Heart of Winter when Taim comes to Elayne's palace and she strips to go off with the Aiel Wise Ones, she sees him looking into the fire place...seemingly not watching her...but the Wise Ones mention that he did indeed keep throwing her glances as she undressed. Also...Mazrim Taim is jealous of Rand. and! He is perhaps equal in power almost to Rand, and Rand beats him out but only just?

But having said that, I think it would be GREAT if somehow Rand finds a way to "break" the cycle so that he does not die in TG. Or that if he does, he still manages to come back to life (Via the Creator?)and does not have to be Re-born as the Dragon thousands of years later and as someone else. That's just wayyyyyy too tired a notion for me.

• 6 years later...

I think Elyane is Ilyena since the spellings use almost the same letters - maybe just coincidence.

Plus I think Elyane's hair is yellow, as I'm pretty sure Lanfear referred to Ilyena as a yellow haired milk sop and Rand think's she's referring to Elyane (Shadow Rising?).

If Demandred wants Elayne, maybe he's Guybon, as he manages to catch her eye and she considers him a possible third warder (KoD).

I dunno, I hate Elayne regardless, so I'm not even sure why I chose this to be my first post. I was just searching on Demandred threads and this came up...

I think Elyane is Ilyena since the spellings use almost the same letters - maybe just coincidence.

Plus I think Elyane's hair is yellow, as I'm pretty sure Lanfear referred to Ilyena as a yellow haired milk sop and Rand think's she's referring to Elyane (Shadow Rising?).

Neither hair colour nor name is in any way indication of a link between Elayne and Ilyena. The proof of this can be seen in Rand: LTT's hair was brown while Rand is a redhead, and "Rand al'Thor" and "Lews Therin Telamon" aren't particularly similar names, yet Rand is LTT reborn. Consequently, the evidence for Elayne being Ilyena reborn is non-existant.

I thought the Heroes of the Horn laughing at him for saying there is a woman and Rand wanting to live so he could love again are pretty strong examples that specific souls don't matter to the Dragon soul, it is loving that is important. Birgitte and Gaidel are bound as lovers, but it seems like they are an exception rather than the rule.

Archived