DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ilyena and Demandred?

Ilyena

• Administrator

You discovered one of the most over-looked facts in the series in my opinion. Yes, LoC has a single reference to why Demandred hates Lews Therin / Rand so much. It has to do with the fact that he loved Ilyena. But of course she went for Lews Therin who was always "thaaaaat much better" than Demandred.

I hope this plays a role in the final novel. Demandred certainly is key to many events.

BTW -- do a search on Demandred in our Character Database and then look for Ileyna references.

J

Ummmm... peachy keen, Jason... just one lil thing... that link generates an error. Lotta stuff about undefined constants.

Notice: Use of undefined constant post_status - assumed 'post_status' in /var/sites/dm/www/Controls/Template/headlines.php on line 11

Notice: Use of undefined constant post_title - assumed 'post_title' in /var/sites/dm/www/Controls/Template/headlines.php on line 15

Notice: Use of undefined constant ID - assumed 'ID' in /var/sites/dm/www/Controls/Template/headlines.php on line 16

Notice: Use of undefined constant post_date - assumed 'post_date' in /var/sites/dm/www/Controls/Template/headlines.php on line 17

More information about Robert Jordan's treatment (2006-03-29 13:39:44)

Notice: Use of undefined constant post_status - assumed 'post_status' in /var/sites/dm/www/Controls/Template/headlines.php on line 11

Notice: Use of undefined constant post_title - assumed 'post_title' in /var/sites/dm/www/Controls/Template/headlines.php on line 15

Notice: Use of undefined constant ID - assumed 'ID' in /var/sites/dm/www/Controls/Template/headlines.php on line 16

Notice: Use of undefined constant post_date - assumed 'post_date' in /var/sites/dm/www/Controls/Template/headlines.php on line 17

Robert Jordan Being Treated for Amyloidosis (2006-03-24 03:47:39)

Welcome to Dragonmount.com - 7.0 (2006-03-23 23:59:50)

Notice: Use of undefined constant post_status - assumed 'post_status' in /var/sites/dm/www/Controls/Template/blog.php on line 11

Notice: Use of undefined constant post_title - assumed 'post_title' in /var/sites/dm/www/Controls/Template/blog.php on line 15

Notice: Use of undefined constant ID - assumed 'ID' in /var/sites/dm/www/Controls/Template/blog.php on line 16

Notice: Use of undefined constant post_date - assumed 'post_date' in /var/sites/dm/www/Controls/Template/blog.php on line 17

SORRY ABOUT THE PREMATURE ANNOUNCEMENT (2006-03-24 01:48:02)

Notice: Use of undefined constant post_status - assumed 'post_status' in /var/sites/dm/www/Controls/Template/blog.php on line 11

Notice: Use of undefined constant post_title - assumed 'post_title' in /var/sites/dm/www/Controls/Template/blog.php on line 15

Notice: Use of undefined constant ID - assumed 'ID' in /var/sites/dm/www/Controls/Template/blog.php on line 16

Notice: Use of undefined constant post_date - assumed 'post_date' in /var/sites/dm/www/Controls/Template/blog.php on line 17

APOLOGIES (2006-01-21 07:21:27)

IT BEEN A WHILE (2006-01-20 14:39:57)

WoT Mailing list & Newsletter

Coming Soon

Online Store

Coming Soon...purchase books, t-shirts, etc

Ummmm... peachy keen' date=' Jason... just one lil thing... that link generates an error. Lotta stuff about undefined constants.[/b']

I had that same problem too. But in the upper right there are those 4 tabs. Latest WoT news, Robert Jordan's Blog, Mailing Lists, and Online Store. Put your mouse on one of the bottom two and the character page works just fine. I even found the elusive d-mail link when i scrolled to the left :)

Gotta be Elayne. The red hair. Not to mention that Rand loves her' date=' probably as much as Lews Therin loves Ilyena.[/quote']

That was my assumption as well. Not to mention the similarity in names, although I'd say we can agree that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Guest cwestervelt

Elayne's hair is not "honey-blond". It is mentioned throughout the books that her hair is reddish-gold. Like Aviendha, Elayne is a redhead.

I don't think its possible to be reborn into different people at the same time. None of the heroes waiting to be reborn in T'A'R implied being reborn as two people at the same time, much less three, and i think they would have. Granted, we only talked to Birgitte but she said Gaidal is likely to be a really ugly baby somewhere and that he'll spend his life looking for birgitte not knowing why he doesn't feel whole. I don't see two Gaidals walking around like that so i don't think Ilyena could be Elayne, Min, and Aviendha at the same time either.

Guest Majsju

A soul can't be split, confirmed by RJ at D*Con -05.

Question by Aan’ allein: A couple of related questions on souls. Can they be split? Is it true you can meet yourself in the worlds of If, is that a copy of the soul, a reflection, or the same soul living in different worlds.

Jordan: I think I will have to give you a RAFO on this, except for the part, souls cannot be split, but the other, I think I will have to give you a RAFO because I may be doing something with that.

back to the hair thing, while it did originally say red-gold curls, the description has changed to light, and yellow, plus there is the comparison with Ilyena, saying Elayne and Ilyena have the same hair colour, while Ilyena's is described as "golden, shining like the Sun"

Guest cwestervelt
back to the hair thing' date=' while it did originally say red-gold curls, the description has changed to light, and yellow, plus there is the comparison with Ilyena, saying Elayne and Ilyena have the same hair colour, while Ilyena's is described as "golden, shining like the Sun"[/quote']

Where has the description been changed to light and yellow? The only description that I can think of for Elayne's hair is "red-gold". The Eye of the World and The Fires of Heaven both use "golden" hair for Ilyena with The Fires of Heaven adding that is the same color as Elayne's. To me, that would indicate a darker rather than a lighter gold color for Ilyena. Neither of my copies are first printings, so maybe something was corrected. It could just be an editing/writing error. After all, The Ilyena vision is triggered by a Lews Therin memory that is actually triggered by Egwene.

I read a theory somewhere that one of Lanfear's wishes to the Snakes/foxes (cant remember which was which) might have been to look like Ileyna. That is of course if she never died, maybe Ileyna could channel and when Lanfear wished this she also dropped to Ileyna's level.... this may explain her laps in power. Someone did compare the descriptions of Ileyna and Lanfear's new look, I remember there was a small difference.

Archived