DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Fun, Happy News I Wanted To Share With You Guys! :)

The Fisher King

I'm very appreciative of the fact that something I have been working towards for quite some time become a happy reality today. As of today, I now have the COMPLETE series of bot WOT and ASOIAF for my Kindle!!! ... :-)))

Thanks for letting me share with yall!!! :---]

- Fish

P.S. Maybe, if I keep emailing Amazon, they'll finally get an ebook version of The Travels of Jain Fairstrider for the Kindle ;-)

Oh, congratulations. :) I like books, myself. They smell lovely, and nice big shelves full of them just make me happy. Strange reason, I know, but it's still a reason! Good luck on your Amazon-pestering. ;)

Thanks, Myrella! :)

I actually was EXTREMELY doubtful before I got mine that I would EVER even remotely enjoy ''reading'' on an electronic device as I too am an old-fashioned lover of the feel and smell of a ''real'' book...and BOY was I ever WRONG. I thoroughly enjoy my Kindle and all of the wonderful features it provides.

- Fish

I'm very appreciative of the fact that something I have been working towards for quite some time become a happy reality today. As of today, I now have the COMPLETE series of bot WOT and ASOIAF for my Kindle!!! ... :-)))

Congrats!

Those were the first two series I purchased for my Kindle as well! (I've never read ASoIaF, but I'd heard good things, so I took the leap. Halfway through #1 and it is very good).

Books are nice, but lord are they difficult to read in bed or travel with. No suck problem with the Kindle. Plenty light to hold up with one hand while lying on my side, and page turns are just a click away. Plus dropping the Kindle on my wife's head isn't likely to give her a concussion like the hardbacks are liable to do... :biggrin:

congrads Fish!!! i'm a sceptic of the ebooks as well. how is it on th eyes, as far as staring at the screen and reading it that way, versus reading somethign on paper?

i know when i try to read books or stuff on my PC, the glare from the screen (no matter how low i set it) still hurts my eyes.

congrads Fish!!! i'm a sceptic of the ebooks as well. how is it on th eyes, as far as staring at the screen and reading it that way, versus reading somethign on paper?

i know when i try to read books or stuff on my PC, the glare from the screen (no matter how low i set it) still hurts my eyes.

Great questions, Red. As far as reading the screen is concerned, there is no backlight or LED light so there is no glare. The only negative to that is the fact that - just as with a real book - you can't read in the dark unless you turn on a light switch somewhere. As far as how the 'experience' is actually 'reading' it - this is by far the area where I was the most surprised. Pleasantly. The screen and the font look and read just like a real book (the words are made with some form of actual 'ink' in the device) - way, way, way more than reading anything on a cell phone or computer screen does. The sides of the device where you hold it are very comfortable as well. When you're holding it out in front of you to read you really become comfortable reading it, just like you're holding a book - at least for me, and I'm very much a traditionalist.

- Fish

i've also heard that some of the books they've had a problem with clarity as far as being scanned in; have you ran into that porblem yet??

also, i wonder if they'll have an app where you can pyshically scan in books into a PDF to save on your kindle. it'll take a while, but might be worth it instead of having to re-buy it online.

i think they should also give people who buy a book in the store, a reg # to pull up on the kindle store and DL it for free onto their kindle. maybe like having the Kindle scan the UPC code or something ...

It'd be good if you could buy books which also come with a digital copy, like some films do, but buying them all separately would mean choosing between convenient e-books and lovely, lovely physical books. I love the lovelies!

They do look good, since they're obviously a lot more portable than a collection of physical books, and are probably easier to read on cramped trains. I'm a sucker for book covers, though! :D

I've decided hardbacks look better without the plastic cover and have removed most of the covers from my hardback books, although I don't think I'll be able to bring myself to remove the covers from The Dragon Reborn and The Path of Daggers.

I'm working on hunting down copies of the Wheel of Time books I don't already have in hardback, as well as the Song of Ice and Fire books in hardback., at a used book store to save some money.

They do look good, since they're obviously a lot more portable than a collection of physical books, and are probably easier to read on cramped trains. I'm a sucker for book covers, though! :D

I've decided hardbacks look better without the plastic cover and have removed most of the covers from my hardback books, although I don't think I'll be able to bring myself to remove the covers from The Dragon Reborn and The Path of Daggers.

I'm working on hunting down copies of the Wheel of Time books I don't already have in hardback, as well as the Song of Ice and Fire books in hardback., at a used book store to save some money.

AWESOME Cover.

- Fish

Reading on the Kindle is very easy. I'd never choose it over a real book, if I have an either-or choice, but for going on trips, riding on the train, and reading the classics (older books that are out of copyright are free to download from Amazon, for the most part), it's awesome.

Reading on the Kindle is very easy. I'd never choose it over a real book, if I have an either-or choice, but for going on trips, riding on the train, and reading the classics (older books that are out of copyright are free to download from Amazon, for the most part), it's awesome.

Kivam, Im with you. One feature that I really LOVE - that I am often surprised I don't see mentioned more - is the REALLY Neat ''Search'' Feature.

- Fish

The last book I'm going to by HC in a MoL. Every other book I have bought in the last few months is Kindle. Right now I only have tSR and KoD on my kindle (KoD fell apart, and it was Hard Cover) and of course the ToM prologue. But now I need to convert some SCA .pdfs onto my kindle.

The last book I'm going to by HC in a MoL. Every other book I have bought in the last few months is Kindle. Right now I only have tSR and KoD on my kindle (KoD fell apart, and it was Hard Cover) and of course the ToM prologue. But now I need to convert some SCA .pdfs onto my kindle.

Well, of COURSE!!! ... (*pretends he knows what a 'SCA.pdf.' is*) ...

- Fish

Archived