DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Rand al'Thors, Adoptive Mother was a Dark Friend

CrazyMike

Zardi: I was answering Lucker's question of "Who is Aurora Sedai?".

moroten: It is Annoura Sedai' date=' not Aurora Sedai. There is no Aurora Sedai that has ever been mentioned in the books.[/quote']

My mistake. So what he did he mean by aurora?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Majsju
I may be being naive here but I can't remember any comment that Kari al'Thor was a Darkfriend can someone enlighten me?

There is no suc comment. The only thing this rumour is based on is that Ishy used an image of Kari when he was trying to make Rand join the DO, and there has been no confirmation what it was that Rand actually saw. The real soul of Kari ir a mirage? If real, seized against her will by the DO, or seized because she was a DO? There are nothing to draw any conclusions from.

Seems a bit odd though, if kari had been a DF, and yet the shadow had almost as much trouble as Moiraine and Lan to find Rand.

There was none in the conventional sense. When Rand sees what appears to be her in tEotW she says the 'Father of Lies has a honeyed tongue for unwary souls' implying that he had power over her coz she fell into following him. Crazy Mike took this to mean that she must have been a darkfriend before death, but that seems extremely unlikely. It's generally accepted that either that image was fake, or if it wasn't that she was lured into the shadow after death.

lol, well thank God I've been off the forums long enough NOT to get to know crazy mike... Maybe they locked him in the padded room for good this time? Or maybe everyone made him turn tail away from the site with their complete dismisal (sp) of his ideas... lol, I just found it funny that he insulted Luckers for burning him, and said insulting is only something a 12 year old would do, then proceeded to do the same himself...

Well, ive had a good laugh, back to the boards :p

Archived