DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What will everyone do after the Last Battle?

Tollieman

Hopefire:

there will be no black tower left by the end of AMOL. It's days are numbered my friend.

I doubt that. While the Black Tower no longer existing would be a good thing, in that it means that Aviendha's vision of the future is unlikely (unless it's refounded, of course) the men who can channel will likely be in some sort of organization, and I highly, highly doubt that they'd be part of the White Tower. I cannot see them being willing to join as anything other than full equals in status, but without the restrictions of Aes Sedai, and I cannot see Egwene being willing to allow that to occur.

the ashaman will reside in that tower elaida was building after the last battle. The aes sedai will have to accept them whether they like it or not. Already alot of ashaman and aes sedai have bonded. Saidin is clean. There is no longer any need to keep the status quo as it is.

Hopefire:

there will be no black tower left by the end of AMOL. It's days are numbered my friend.

I doubt that. While the Black Tower no longer existing would be a good thing, in that it means that Aviendha's vision of the future is unlikely (unless it's refounded, of course) the men who can channel will likely be in some sort of organization, and I highly, highly doubt that they'd be part of the White Tower. I cannot see them being willing to join as anything other than full equals in status, but without the restrictions of Aes Sedai, and I cannot see Egwene being willing to allow that to occur.

Haha yeah, Egwene would probably want to gentle them all or something.

Pesky male channelers, demanding a position equal to fabled Aes Sedai who can do no wrong :rolleyes: ...

I don't think that Egwene would be that opposed to bringing in the male channelers and making them equals to the Aes Sedai. Everyone assumes this, but I'm not sure why you think that she is so irrational about this. I don't see much foreshadowing of it, though. The problem for Egwene would be bringing in Logain as her equal.

It's just the way I see her personality evolving. She strikes me as more and more the kind of person who believes she's head-and-shoulders superior to everyone else and is not willing to share power. That's just kind of what I feel she's becoming.

Additionally, I think she mentioned something in one of the books about how she would have to deal with "The Asha'man problem". That doesn't strike me as the thoughts of someone willing to accept the BT as a legitimate enterprise.

Hopefire:

Haha yeah, Egwene would probably want to gentle them all or something.

Pesky male channelers, demanding a position equal to fabled Aes Sedai who can do no wrong :rolleyes: ...

I don't think that Egwene would be that opposed to bringing in the male channelers and making them equals to the Aes Sedai. Everyone assumes this, but I'm not sure why you think that she is so irrational about this. I don't see much foreshadowing of it, though. The problem for Egwene would be bringing in Logain as her equal.

It's just the way I see her personality evolving. She strikes me as more and more the kind of person who believes she's head-and-shoulders superior to everyone else and is not willing to share power. That's just kind of what I feel she's becoming.

Additionally, I think she mentioned something in one of the books about how she would have to deal with "The Asha'man problem". That doesn't strike me as the thoughts of someone willing to accept the BT as a legitimate enterprise.

Not only can I not see the aes sedai accepting the ashaman as equals, I don't see why the ashaman would want to be a part of the white tower anyway. For the most part they seem to rather not like the aes sedai and don't trust them either. They are also pretty proud of being ashaman from what's been said in the book (Narishma with his pins and Androl with his coat for example), even bordering on arrogance. And why would they give up the black tower which is not hindered by any old and useless traditions and laws for the white tower. Besides I can see neither Logain nor Egwene sharing power with one another as equals. The black tower has everything to build and a bright future to look forward to. At least once Taim and the darkfriends are kicked out.

Rand: Dead, but lives on in the hearts and minds of his friends and family, he will be, A Memory of Light

Mat: Will use his political power and general badassery to make the world a better place

Perrin: Dead

Egwene:Will use political power to make the Aes Sedai almost good again

Nynaeve: Will be Legend - wait for it- Dairy!!!

Lan: Dead

Oliver: Will take up the vengence buisness and find that 6 fingerd basterd who killed his father

Tam: Will go on to star in such classics as Missing in Action, Delta Force, and Lone Wolf MaQuade

Demandred: Will go on to star in Under Siege, Above the Law, and Hard to Kill

Rands Harem: Take a bath

Archived