• Replies 237.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smiley73

• Crimson_Ayla

• Nyanna al'Meara

• mmeeshal

i am not good at fooling on purpose. i am an accidental fool.

and it's the basic math that loses me.

i have read the threads. they make no sense. it's like when people have tried to teach me chess, or bridge. they think i should be able to understand these things, but i can't buy a clue.

lol.

Hmm, lemme see if I can write up the basics. Let's use a 12 player game.

There are 9 town and 3 mafia.

The mafia try to kill the town by tricking them during the Day to vote each other.

The town try to see who is lying to them and leading around.

That is mafia in a nutshell.

Then you have the mafia killing at night. And the Doctor trying to figure out who they will target so he can protect them.

And a Cop tries to search for the mafia each night.

i don't know about that. i am really very very bad with games. and i have read this game a lot, and it is not getting through my skull. as an only child growing up i mostly played solitaire, rummy with my grandma, and monopoly by myself. i am ok with sims, because there are no rules, except, try not to kill all your sims, which i do occasioanlly do.

maybe you can explain mafia in very simple words of one syllable with no math from start to finish> because what i've read so far has made me go wha? alot.

lol.

Hmm, lemme see if I can write up the basics. Let's use a 12 player game.

There are 9 town and 3 mafia.

The mafia try to kill the town by tricking them during the Day to vote each other.

The town try to see who is lying to them and leading around.

That is mafia in a nutshell.

Then you have the mafia killing at night. And the Doctor trying to figure out who they will target so he can protect them.

And a Cop tries to search for the mafia each night.

i could teach you the torah standing on one foot and it would make a lot more sense to you than that made to me.

so someone tells you if you are in the town or in the mafia. and you chat during the day and say things about each other. and at some point you all say i vote to kill this person or that person. and i base this decision on my deep understanding of human nature. . .

the doctor and the cop i do not understand, nor do i understand how anyone can protect someone, or kill someone except with the voting. which i don't quite understand.

i am not trying to be stupid here. i just am.

You have the Day time, voting stuff down perfectly! lol. People just decide who to lynch (kill) with their votes.

Once they set number of votes are reached....dead. :/

A few people in a normal game will have special roles...or abilities. The mafia can kill at night, and to counteract that, a "Doctor" will send in a name to the game moderator of who they want to protect.

Think of it as the Doctor putting up some bulletproof glass around someone, and the mafia has a sniper. They can't see the glass, so it might not work.

gah, I'm about to go to bed, sorry I couldn't explain better.

well goodnight. it's not you, it's me.

so the mafia kills without voting? they all decide together, the mafia, secretly, or they just individually PM th emod, who says you were killed by mafia in the night?

oysh. maybe this would be easier if i had never known any organized criminals. . . it's ok, they're all in jail now, and i always went to the kitchen when they talked business. but i am pretty sure this is not how they worked. tony wanted to slap someone, he slapped them, and they stayed slapped. tony pissed off a bigger boss, and tony went bye bye.

it's a different world now. and mafia's a game, that you don't really get slapped for playing.

strange days indeed.

prices are wacked out here, too. oddly, i spend less money at the market when prices are high. i think cause i can't make myself spend three times as much for something as i did a few months ago. i guess most of what i was buying was crap i didn't need.

yeah, i'm sure that's what he meant with the banana comment. he's just all hopped up for planet of the apes.