DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[s]Goal: 100,000 New Goal: 200,000[/s] New Goal: 250.000

Toy and Minion

I started watching The Fifth Element again the other day. I forgot how good it was. If you have it, try it again.

Do you think The Hobbit movies will be as good as LoTR movies?

Deff-o! High hopes. Same Gandalf, same Gollum, same awesome director. Can't wait for it to come out

• Replies 237.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smiley73

• Crimson_Ayla

• Nyanna al'Meara

• mmeeshal

Is reading stuff off the net about Middle Earth. There is sooooooo much I don't know. I think if LoTR was written now, in the day of the interwebs, it would be 1000 times bigger than it is and nothing now a days would touch it.

Do you think The Hobbit movies will be as good as LoTR movies?

yes. better. peter jackson is to be worshipped for what he's doing here. he's smarter, more experienced, and has better, newer tech and way more people who believe in him now to assist. can only be better.

(sorry, turin, nit-picking and pedantry aside, this man knows how to make movies. very few people can do that with books, and it can't be done by directly translating them scene to scene onto film. see the original dune for how badly that can go.)

looking forward to these more than i ever looked forward to a WoT book.

3 inches on the ground, coming down an inch an hour now, very slick. ABS still works. no plows, no cinders. looking good.

oh, and thanks personally to each of the 7 lurkers who can't be bothered to sign in and post while we sit here and die of boredom. very nice social conscience there.

um, yeah, the nearly smashing the car up in the first real snow got me a bit cranky. sorry.