DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Aviendha vs Tuon?

Aliriel

Hand to hand combat experts all say that when two combatants skill and training are equal the deciding factor is always size. And our favorite female warder is also always saying the same thing (that's why she uses a bow).

Aiel Societies are like special forces. All Aiel, except WO and blacksmith's, are expected to be able to fight to defend themselves against raids.

But anyway, Avi is 12-18 inches (at least) taller then Tuon and between 100-140 pounds more then Tuon. Simple fact is Avi can reach further and hit harder then Tuon.

Now before the Tuon fans start talking about leverage ways to give strength to hits and such. Remember Avi would know those techniques also. Tuon is just fighting outside her weight class.

But anyway, Avi is 12-18 inches (at least) taller then Tuon and between 100-140 pounds more then Tuon.

I simply can't agree with these numbers. Perhaps 12 inches might be in the ballpark, but 100 pounds can't be close.

Simple fact is Avi can reach further and hit harder then Tuon.

Now before the Tuon fans start talking about leverage ways to give strength to hits and such. Remember Avi would know those techniques also. Tuon is just fighting outside her weight class.

This I wholeheartedly agree with.

Is it just me or are a lot of people forgetting that Avi was a Maiden of the Spear for years until the WO's forced her to stop less than a year ago? She still thinks of herself as one much of the time (even Amys seems to be unable to forget she was a former Maiden at times). Regular Aiel citizens are ready to fight, but Avi was actually a soldier.

Tuon probably would have the element of surprise, since she looks unassuming. But 1 on 1 in an even fight she would be in trouble.

Definetly Avi, Toun may have some skill but she lacks experience in battle. Avi is not only Aiel but a Maiden, she has knowlege of fighting and a life time of eperience in it. Life in the Waste makes all Aiel harder, Life in Seandar does not compare, especially for a child of the Empress. Toun could out maneuver Avi in politics but in a fight she would not last a minute. First thing I thought when I saw this topic, was when Min was twirling her knife at Avi, and Avi thinking,"didn't Min understand that Aviendha could have slit the womans throat throat thrice over durring the time it took to flash that knife..." I doubt Toun could even consider herself even capable of such a feat.

Now for two female characters in a fist fight I would like to see Sulin vs. Birgitte.

Wow, welcome to "Deadliest Warrior: Wheel of Time edition" =)

Some one feel like listing each combatants weapons, armor/defensive techniques and special considerations (way of life, size, personality, ect)?

Here's a few:

Avi:

Weapons- short spears, daggers, hands and feet

Armor/defensive tech- leather shield (as a maiden), Aiel combat training?

Special- Aiel cultre (sturdiness from Waste survival, outrun a horse, warrior up bringing), Aiel genes (hieght/size)

Tuon:

Weapons- hands and feet (only ones I can remember)

Armor/defensive tech- Seanchan martials arts training

Special: Seanchan ascendancy (has to constantly deal with threats to life from other Empress heir hopefuls), small size (smaller target)

Just a thumb nail, I'm sure others can be flesh these out better and more detailed, especially Tuon. Anyway, wouls be an interesting look at what each brings to the table.

Let's look at this.

Aviendha: 6 foot. If she has a normal BMI around 20, she weighs 160 pounds. She can outrun a horse. She went through wise one training without so much as a whimper. She's AIEL.

Tuon: 5 foot. If she has a BMI around 20 she weighs 120 pounds. She is never mentioned to be fit. She has never been a soldier. She learned karate or something like it. Is not aiel.

Come on, is this even a fight? Avi would break her face with one punch and could hold her down with one foot if she wanted to.

I vote Avi as well just due to the sheer experience she has with battle over her lifetime, but I won't bet any money on it.

Regarding the argument that size is might, I would beg to humbly disagree and point to the recent real life boxing match between Manny Pacquiao and Margarito. In that fight, speed is king.

Another example would be in the UFC fight between Frankie Edgar and BJ penn, we again see that the smaller, quicker opponent unbalanced the more tactical fighter and won. I know these examples would be called exceptions to the rule but I am just throwing it out there.

I'd say don't discount Tuon, she has the element of surprise, Aviendha would never give her enough credit and it might cause her to lose. Tuon's speed has been acknowledged by Mat. He commented on the fact that Tuon had very fast hands and it was all he could do to keep getting his bones broken when she was testing him. This from the guy who Thom remarked as having the fastest hands he has seen.

Archived