DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Accepted Interview for Seheria Mori (Kathleen)

Elgee

Dragonmount Handle: Kathleen

Full Character Name: Seheria Mori

Part 1 - Out of Character1.1. Which Ajah do you aspire to join and why?

Yellow/Black, because it will be fun to be bad. I've always wanted to get into the head of a Black Sister, and at the same time I've always respected the Yellows. I think that the healers would be least likely to go Black so I thought it would be interesting to have that dynamic.

1.2. How old would you place your Aes Sedai in the Main Timeline?

She will be 100

1.3. Have you role-played with any members of your aspiring Ajah?

Seheria has not been Rped yet.

1.4. Define freely what your character sees to be her Ajah's purpose? Does if differ from the norm?

Seheria believes that the Yellow's purpose is foremostly to Heal the sick and injured, and then to help those who need help and have no one to turn to. She believes that the purpose of being a Yellow is to give people a second chance who could never have one with out the help of the One Power or the help of someone with the education of an Aes Sedai.

1.5. What kind of a role would you like your character and you OOCly to have in your Ajah and in the White Tower?

OOC I would be welcome to any position I thought I could do, for either the Yellow's or the Black, if any come available. IC Seheria strives for acknowledgment and praise so she will try to rise through the ranks, she was already denied a Sitter position in the Yellow, but given the chance at any position within either the Yellow or the Black she would jump at it and take it on full force and with the utmost attention to doing the best job any one could. I think it would help a lot if there was a position in the Blacks that she could take it would really help secure her there, though any amount praise/acknowledgment from anyone would be enough to secure her for a time, and once she is in she will stay in.

Part 2 - In Character Development

2.1. What kind of a woman was your character when she was enrolled as a novice and what kind of a woman is she now?

She was a quiet, determined, hard working girl who focused on setting and reaching goals, and being the best at everything she attempted. She was praised and usually overly credited for everything she did as a child and that had given her an unconscious belief and need for recognition and praise for her every action. She always had someone's attention when she when ever she wanted it and she thought that was the normal way of life.

2.2. What have been the most important, defining events in her life and how have they changed her? Separate the events to life before the Tower, life as novice and life as Accepted. Who are the people that have affected her life the most as Novice and as Accepted and how have they done that?

From a very young age Seheria spent most of every day in her parent's tailor shop. As she aged her parents taught her all the things she would need to be able to do when she took over the running of the shop and she always strived to do the best job at every task that she could. She had the business running smoothly for years and their work and their shop was well known through out neighbouring towns for the excellent quality and quick service. She took pride in it and in knowing that she was known in so many places. It was a hard decision to go to the Tower, she knew she would be leaving behind the business she had helped to build and run and she knew that her parents would have a hard time finding and teaching someone to carry on the business after she left, but she couldn't pass up the chance of finding out if she could Channel and someday be one of the most respected and important people in the world, an Aes Sedai. She hated leaving, but she had set a goal to find out if she could aspire to Aes Sedai and she was determined to give it everything she could.

There wasn't any one or two moments as Novice or Accepted that really stood out, just that she had a hard time adjusting from being the one an only child who everyone seemed to fawn over to one of many just like her. She was used to getting noticed and getting praised for her accomplishments and she had trouble dealing with the lack of coddling and praise she got in her days training at the White Tower. She assumed that she wasn't getting as much attention because she wasn't pushing herself hard enough or she wasn't living up the standard that they expected so she pushed her self even harder thinking once she achieved the level they willed her to be at they would give her the praise she truly deserved.

This spread over to her time as an Aes Sedai and though she was getting some pats on the back they were never to the extent she thought they ought to be so she continued to strive for more and more by continuing to set the bar higher and higher. After years of doing wonderful works with little acknowledgment the work she was doing was no longer her focus and she pressed herself only to gain the praise she craved and lost sight of the help she was giving people and how it affected them. Then when a Sitter position came available she set her sights on getting it and when she was passed over, it finally broke her fully and she let the hatred and years of holding in her disappointment overcome her and is ready to devote herself to the Great Lord, and the works of the Black Ajah. (This is where Seheria will start being Rped).

2.3. What are your character's weaknesses? Strengths? What is her inner struggle? What is her philosophy of life?

Her weakness is her obsessive need for recognition and praise for everything she does. Her strength is that she is a very hard worker and she pushes herself to always be the best at anything she does, and as soon as she accomplishes a goal she sets a new one for herself. Her inner struggle is trying to be happy with just knowing that she accomplishes her goals and not letting them get overshadowed by her desire for acknowledgment and praise (which is not winning). Her philosophy of life is that the more you put into it, the more you get out.

2.4. What three words best describe your character's personality?

Hardworking, entitled (if only in her head), driven.

Part 3 - The Role of an Aes Sedai

3.1. What do you think the role of an Aes Sedai is ICly?

To be a stable sign of power, strength, and protection in the world.

3.2. What has been the greatest sacrifice your character has made to become an Aes Sedai?

She had to leave her parents and the business that she helped build, that she was meant to take over. She had to make the choice to stay there and carry on her families business and have a very good reputation or to leave that life for something she may not be able to do, and to know that her family would not be able to carry on the business when her parents died and that their life long work was going to end with them, or be carried on by another family if the could find someone to take it over.

3.3. How is your character going to Serve All?

How ever the Great Lord wants her to. Before this it was by devoting herself to Heal those that others thought could not be healed and by helping those who others could not or would not help.

3.4. What would you like your character to achieve? What are her ambitions in life? What kind of RP plans do you have in mind for your Sister?

I would like to keep playing her as a Yellow, and do Rps in and around the White Tower and also out in the world healing people and helping people, but my main goal of this character is having a Black Sister. My first RP goal is to play out her being introduced to the Black Ajah and going through her oaths. I would like to play with other blacks and perhaps be sent on some kind of mission with her heart. I would like to explore the way of life for a Black Ajah Sister.

3.5. How does your character feel about Warders in general and of the whole bonding?

She thinks it's fine for other Sister's but her specialty is healing so she feels she can take care of herself and that he would only be more work to keep him safe and properly healed all the time. She is a rather independent person and they only reason she would consider bonding would be if she thought that she would be in danger and need more protection than she can muster herself. Being a Healer usually means she is not needed until any danger for her is gone and so a Warder isn't necessary.