DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

ever found yourself......

Lynchgrinch

I wrote down a 'TG' at work today, then five seconds later looked at it again and couldn't figure out what it could possibly mean other than 'Tarmon Gaidon'.... :) (it stood for 'to go' :P)

Haha, brilliant. I love hearing about things like this!

I was watching Avatar the other day, and just noticed that the guys greet eachother with ' i see you'!

NO WAY, THEY'RE ALL AEIL!!!

I wrote down a 'TG' at work today, then five seconds later looked at it again and couldn't figure out what it could possibly mean other than 'Tarmon Gaidon'.... :) (it stood for 'to go' :P)

Haha, brilliant. I love hearing about things like this!

I was watching Avatar the other day, and just noticed that the guys greet eachother with ' i see you'!

NO WAY, THEY'RE ALL AEIL!!!

I'm pretty sure this was an intentional reference. Hey, "Avatar" was basically doing the rounds of fantasy commonplaces, so it fit in.

I'm not sure I've ever used a WOT curse out loud, but I definitely do it in my head. And I frequently have dreams with WOT characters.

I say 'Light' and I had been saying 'bloody hell' for years before I read WoT, now I only say 'blood a-y' (not overly WoTty, but it is because 'hell' is no longer the first word that comes to mind to finish the statement)

I always try to hold back so I don't get the looks, but yesterday I let my thoughts slips and got that look from my husband (who has yet to read WoT-he doesn't read, and the series is too big for him to want to tackle). We were eating supper and a fly landed on my hand. I was so surprised and told my husband about it. He said "Oh no, something bad's gonna happen to you today." I questioned why he thought that and he said "When a fly lands on your hand it means something bad is gonna happen that day - its an omen." I am gullible so I asked, 'really?' He said "No, I don't know, I just wondered what you would say if I said that." To which I replied, "I was wondering when you became a bloody Seanchan!" He looked at me and a said, "what did you just call me?" I blushed and said "nothing." He said, "yes you did...it was something from your book wasn't it? You just used your book words to insult me didn't you?" I told him its not really an insult (though I was using it as one)...and then had an excuse to expose him to more of the inner workings of some WoT as I told him about the Empire and there reliance/acceptance of Omens.

Archived