DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

ever found yourself......

Lynchgrinch

well, the other day i found myself trying to walk in "cat crosses the courtyard"....and though, holy crap.....i realy am addicted. And then continuing with it after some time i would angrily chastise myself for not being in the propper "relaxed, arrogant and dangerous saunter".....damn it all. :blush:

Then another time, somone asked me my nationality and the FIRST THING that poped into my head was "Tai'shar Alba!"....which roughly translates to "true blood of scotland"...and thats in part Old Tongue, part Galic(ancient scotish).....of which neither i speak. :blink:

Light, but i need help.

Any of you guys had simmilar embarasing experiances?

If not, then feel free just to make fun of me...i deserve it :dry:

I'm in to sword play and whatnot and I often find myself going through some of the forms without knowing. Then I realize that my friends/sparring partner is lookin' at me wierd cause I guess I mumble the names as I go through them, so that's fun... awkward silence is awkward...and silent.

I always try to understand what the politicians are up to, and what their goals are, what they mean and don't say. Bloody Daes Dae'Mar. They speak and say (normally, it depends) no word that is not true, but the truth a politician say isn't always the truth you think you heard...

Our president might be Black Ajah. Every decision he take seems to increase Chaos (in two years, the feeling of insecurity of french inhabitants jumped to 20.5% of the population)

And the whole deal with the replacement of the Keeper of the Chronicles Premier Ministre has been a clever move on his part. The precedent one has been fired, but has been nominated once again two days later...

Well, I definately use WoT swears, usually "Light!" or "Blood and bloody ashes!" :biggrin:

I used "blood and bloody ashes" a lot, actually. I also say "Tai shar, Manetheren" a lot, and people just look at me like I need more medication!

I've started doing that as well :s Blood and ashes its gotten hard to stop.

I would love if someone posted on YouTube what the sword forms look like. All I can conjure up are bad Anime moves.

Thanks to this post I just imagined WoT characters in a sword fight and yelling out the names of their sword forms in a badly dubbed manner as they performed them. Of course once somebody drew blood they would have to do the rapid-fire half-second-at-a-time montage of every single onlooker's reactions.

I always try to understand what the politicians are up to, and what their goals are, what they mean and don't say. Bloody Daes Dae'Mar. They speak and say (normally, it depends) no word that is not true, but the truth a politician say isn't always the truth you think you heard...

Love it.. but it's not just politicians that use Daes Dae'mar. AFAICS everybody does. Except engineers.. We are too close to reality.

Did you know that Asperger's Syndrome has been called 'engineers' disease'? Its prevalence among engineers is about 6 times higher than the general population, apparently.

Love it.. but it's not just politicians that use Daes Dae'mar. AFAICS everybody does. Except engineers.. We are too close to reality.

Right, indeed, but we see it more clearly with them :) too close to reality? Coming from someone who spend a lot of time linking to content related to/speaking of/reading/theorizing about WoT, I find this funny :)

[quote name='FarShainMael' timestamp='1290631476' post='1681489'

]Did you know that Asperger's Syndrome has been called 'engineers' disease'? Its prevalence among engineers is about 6 times higher than the general population, apparently.

Well, I'd say it is the contrary, the "victims" of Asperger's syndrome tend to become engineers...

I do not recall imitating any part of Wheel of Time (or of any fiction). If I did, I do not remember it.

About sword forms, Encyclopaedia lists a number of them.

They are near the bottom of this page::

http://encyclopaedia-wot.org/organizations/aes_sedai/warders.html

FarShainMael, what is AFAICS?

Those links need to be updated, Geocities went away a few years ago.

Right, indeed, but we see it more clearly with them :) too close to reality? Coming from someone who spend a lot of time linking to content related to/speaking of/reading/theorizing about WoT, I find this funny :)

Ah, but I'm just a spectator who enjoys puzzles.. well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! :biggrin:

[quote name='FarShainMael' timestamp='1290631476' post='1681489'

]Did you know that Asperger's Syndrome has been called 'engineers' disease'? Its prevalence among engineers is about 6 times higher than the general population, apparently.

Well, I'd say it is the contrary, the "victims" of Asperger's syndrome tend to become engineers...

I'd go for that.

Erk..

Lets see... Strange obsessive real life behavior...

Well, I do regularly exclaim "Fortune prick me" at times...

Oh! And I tend to imagine balefireing people... Of course all they see is me pointing at them, and looking extremely determined...

When I catch myself doing that, I usually take it all the way and include some old tounge muttering... Or pretend I am Rand going up against one of the forsaken... You know, just for the sake of confuseing them

I do be finding myself making use of WoT curses. And the one that comes most often recently is not "Blood and bloody ashes", but instead is "Mother's milk in a cup." And "Burn Me!" I have referred to some of my friends as "Flaming goat-brained, woolheads" on more than one occasion. "Light!" is also a common exclamation for me. And I have a ballcap the I paid to have "Dovie'ande se tovya sagain" embroidered on it above a pair of dice. And once when the college student daughter of a friend asked about it, I told her it was the Old Tongue, which she took to mean Old English and tried to research it in her university library, that was back in 1996/97 sometime, before Wiki came out. 3 weeks later she called me and asked questions about it. Now she is as big a fan of WoT as I am and her dad (my friend)thinks we are both crazy, and now I talk to her a lot more often than him.

Archived