DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Phenom's WoT Discussion and Questions Topic (NO SPOILERS)

Phenom

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Once you've read a few of the books, you should read what we call the "Big Book of Bad Art", its kind of like a compendium of the Wheel of Time. It has a pretty nice history of the Wheel of Time dating from the Age of Legends to the time of the books.

Haha is it "World of Robert Jordan's..."?

And yes, agreed about Lan quotes.

I'm still looking for a comprehensive map of "Randland". Something like this, but it's only of Andor. :(

http://13depository.blogspot.com/2009/01/mapping-wheel-of-time-andor.html

There will be points in the future that I think Mat will be the only (or one of the only) main reason why you return to the series (I had to take a break after book 6 or 7 just because things were not moving for my liking at the time. Now though, I love them all!) And as much as Mat can be really an ass, you'll find out that with every book he gets to be more and more cool. He's my fav now even more than Rand!

Oh my...I just finished the Great Hunt. I NEED MORE!

I wonder if the Seanchan will come back? Or will Rand go to them?

You better put a seatbelt on, because the next one is even crazier! The Dragon Reborn is very, very good. And it is when Mat starts to be really funny. biggrin.gif

About the Seanchen - you'll see! wink.gif

Oh my...I just finished the Great Hunt. I NEED MORE!

I wonder if the Seanchan will come back? Or will Rand go to them?

You better put a seatbelt on, because the next one is even crazier! The Dragon Reborn is very, very good. And it is when Mat starts to be really funny. biggrin.gif

About the Seanchen - you'll see! wink.gif

Haha yeah, I wasn't really hoping for an answer...just wondering. It was interesting how Liandrin and the High Lady of Seanchan (can't remember her name) both had the same "master".

Phenom what did you think of Rands second trip through the Portal Stones? It is one of my favorite sequences in the whole series.

Oh it was interesting indeed. I wonder what the other guys saw. They were all in shock. The fact that it actually took them 4 months to get there was another nice twist.

Quick question...what happened to the damane that Nynaeve freed (not Egwene)? After they released her from the sul'dam I don't think she was mentioned anymore. Will it be in the upcoming books or did I just miss something?

Do you mean the one that punched the sul'dam in the face and ran away? As far as I remember, she is not mentioned again.

And the High Lady's name is Suroth.

Yes, yes it was. Thank you! Hmm...I for sure would've thought that the White Tower would ask her some questions.

I'm so itching to drop a little hint here and there, but I really don't wanna make even a very small spoiler. The next 2-3 books are simply fantastic in every way. The Dragon Reborn is one of my fav of all time. Simply great!

Step away from the keyboard. :biggrin: Getting the Dragon Reborn later today. :)

Do you mean the one that punched the sul'dam in the face and ran away? As far as I remember, she is not mentioned again.

And the High Lady's name is Suroth.

Yes, yes it was. Thank you! Hmm...I for sure would've thought that the White Tower would ask her some questions.

Well, WT is not very good at asking questions, if you know what I mean wink.gif (well, not yet but soon you will).

I'm currently on The Dragon Reborn. A couple of thoughts:

- Emo Rand? Meh...

- Perrin was awesome against the Myrdraal and Trollocs in the mountain battle! Go wolves!

- Nynaeve is a badass...Egewene and Elayne are still kind of "innocent" and do dumb things.

- Lanfear interfering with all the guys...hmm. Mat, unlike the other two, is at least suspicious.

- Hasn't Min told anyone about Lanfear? Lanfear already announced herself to Min at the end of The Great Hunt.

- Sheriam Sedia a Black Ajah!? Verin Sedai a Black Ajah!? I guess I'll have to find out. ;)

I like the prequel, and when I do my series read-throughs, i Read it first, but only because I've already read the series.

If you like Lan, you will enjoy parts of NS. :lan:

When I read EoTW, I wasn't fond of Mat. Now, I love Mat, but am not fond of Perrin.

Something seemingly small turned me away from The Dragon Reborn for a couple of days. I hated it how Mat beat not one, but two, Warder trained (one who is said to be as talented as a Warder) men with a weapon that it's never even mentioned that he's used. I mean, if he was so good on the quarterstaff why did he choose a bow to take with him on the journey from Edmond's Field? Plus, he had just gotten out of his sickbed and could barely walk. Galad and Gawyn were taken out easily. Are you trying to tell me an an untrained, sick, weak farmer can take down a warder or two? Don't think so.

Also, earlier Perrin beat a Myrdraal singlehandedly. Not even Lan (badass) can do that. I know these guys are ta'veren and all, but come on Jordan no need for the exaggeration of their fighting skills since they're still untrained.

I have read on, though. And Mat has a lot of luck going for him...I wonder if it has something to do with his newly-acquired fighting skills and speaking the Old Tongue.

Other random thoughs:

- So that wasn't Else Grinwell? Interesting.

- Lanfear running around freely at the White Tower...hmmm.

- Thom is back! Yay! He killed Galldrian huh? Plus, he's messed around with Morgase...crazy life.

Something seemingly small turned me away from The Dragon Reborn for a couple of days. I hated it how Mat beat not one, but two, Warder trained (one who is said to be as talented as a Warder) men with a weapon that it's never even mentioned that he's used. I mean, if he was so good on the quarterstaff why did he choose a bow to take with him on the journey from Edmond's Field? Plus, he had just gotten out of his sickbed and could barely walk. Galad and Gawyn were taken out easily. Are you trying to tell me an an untrained, sick, weak farmer can take down a warder or two? Don't think so.

Also, earlier Perrin beat a Myrdraal singlehandedly. Not even Lan (badass) can do that. I know these guys are ta'veren and all, but come on Jordan no need for the exaggeration of their fighting skills since they're still untrained.

I have read on, though. And Mat has a lot of luck going for him...I wonder if it has something to do with his newly-acquired fighting skills and speaking the Old Tongue.

So that wasn't Else Grinwell? Interesting...and Lanfear running around freely at the White Tower...hmmm.

Most Two Rivers folk know the use of the quarterstaff. They have competitions with it at Bel Tine and Mat is very good with it. Plus the quarterstaff is just a very effective weapon against a sword. Notice the story about the greatest swordsmen in history being beaten by a farmer with a quarterstaff. Other than him still being weak from his Healing I did not find that scene unbelievable at all. And Lan The Man is more than a match for a Fade. :wink:

Finished the Dragon Reborn finally...quite an ending!

- I doubt that Ba'alzamon was Ishmael. Isn't he the strongest Forsaken?

- Is Rand mad already? I mean, the guy is like in a different world than everybody else. It's...interesting. But he's not very likable.

- That First of Mayene...is she Perrin's hawk? Maybe this is who Min told him to worry about? Or is that Lanfear?

- Mat is awesome in some scenes and annoying in other parts.

- What's up with Moiraine plus the three accepted. They're always bitching about something...women.

- Is Rand mad already? I mean, the guy is like in a different world than everybody else. It's...interesting. But he's not very likable.

- That First of Mayene...is she Perrin's hawk? Maybe this is who Min told him to worry about? Or is that Lanfear?

- What's up with Moiraine plus the three accepted. They're always bitching about something...women.

1. Ba'alzamon was Ishy (who was the most powerful Forsaken). But remember Rand had Callandor, one of the most powerful sa'angreal ever, so that helped make up for his lack of experience.

2. Rand is definately a little mad at this point but I think most of his problems this book just revolve around the huge stress that he is now under now that he has declared himself the Dragon Reborn. See what you think about how mad he is in the next few books.

3. Berelain is Min's hawk. Lanfear was the woman she warned him about.

4. But you can see the awesomeness of Mat start to emerge. He gets better and better.

5. Yes, the women are always bitching about something. Unfortunately, that doesn't get better and better.

Hope you enjoy The Shadow Rising. Its my favorite of the series.

1. Ba'alzamon was Ishy (who was the most powerful Forsaken). But remember Rand had Callandor, one of the most powerful sa'angreal ever, so that helped make up for his lack of experience.

2. Rand is definately a little mad at this point but I think most of his problems this book just revolve around the huge stress that he is now under now that he has declared himself the Dragon Reborn. See what you think about how mad he is in the next few books.

4. But you can see the awesomeness of Mat start to emerge. He gets better and better.

5. Yes, the women are always bitching about something. Unfortunately, that doesn't get better and better.

I wasn't really looking for answers, but hey it's not like you told me anything groundbreaking or something I didn't alread suspect. :)

So Perrin is going to have to choose between Faile and Berlain? So he, like Rand, has choices in terms of women...studs. ;)

Interesting how Ishmael is already defeated. Definitely didn't expect that, but I like the twists that Jordan throws at us.

Shame on you Mark Grayson! NO SPOILERS!!! That means no confirming or denying the guesses of the new reader! Don't make me sic Nynaeve on you.....

For shame, sir, for shame!

Archived