DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Fable 3

Ikkarus

Anyone else waiting for it to hit the shelves ? I know I am. Some people find Fable boring...but if you have picked up as many truly horrible/boring games as me, on accident, there is no way this series can feel bad. I am just a little nervous about what they are going to be doing with the game play this time; I have read they got rid of the turn-off-your-game-and-earn-money-while-you-are-not-there feature from Fable 2. I actually liked that feature...not that I used it too often :unsure:.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/10/15/fable-3-preview/

I've played Fable since the first day the first one came out, but I don't have my hopes too high for this one yet. I hope its longer, better, and with more to do then with the previous ones. It seems they are going away from the rpg elements and movin more in the action/adventure realm. I don't know how I feel about that. The first Fable is in my top 5 games for the original xbox, but part 2 kind of let me down, so we'll see.

I loved the first Fable. It was the only game I've ever got into on the Xbox. I started playing it and only stopped to use the bathroom or get a quick bite to eat. I think I played it for like 26 hours or something until I beat it. I didn't play the second one. I don't have a 360 abd I heard that it wasn't a good game at all, especially if you liked the first one. I had heard though that Fable 3 is kind of a make up game for Fable 2, that the third installment is everything the second one was supposed to be... I've been thinking about buying an xbox, so if I hear good reviews for this game maybe this will decide it for me.

I actually never played the first Fable; I had an Xbox, but it is broken now, and I did not discover the Fable series until after that happened and when Fable 2 came out :sleep: . I have one of the Xbox 360s that do not play the old games, and I had read reviews for Fable 2 and thought it looked worth playing, so I just hopped into the series then. Hence, I will be judging Fable 3 on how it compares to Fable 2, which I thought was great, lacking any experience with the first. Though, is that not how it usually is ? When there is a second installment to a series, and it is not quite like the first, the fans of the first game immediately trash it, but I never played the first one, so I was able to see Fable 2 was a pretty nice game in its own right, without previous bias.

The original Fable was awesome, just short. I literally bought it, had 2 days off of work and didn't sleep until I beat it. As fun as have some closure is, spending 50 dollars for that little game play was annoying. Other than the shortness of the game I liked it a lot. Fable 3 makes me seriously consider buying an Xbox 360.

I really enjoyed Fable 2...until my neighbor revoked his "borrow" privilege and I was too cheap to buy it myself. I bought it recently, and plan to beat it before Fable 3 comes out. My biggest dislike about Fable 2 was that my character started out awesome and then got really fat! I tried buying celery, but it was hard to find and took forever for stores to restock it. Also, I had the hardest time sleeping with women! I kept doing everything I was supposed to: got their love for me up to sexual levels, talked to them, lead them to a bed, but then it would only let me sleep.

Obviously, those aren't big issues, but I want to have a kid and get the gamerscore points for it.

Also my first wife left me. Sad day :(

I really enjoyed Fable 2...until my neighbor revoked his "borrow" privilege and I was too cheap to buy it myself. I bought it recently, and plan to beat it before Fable 3 comes out. My biggest dislike about Fable 2 was that my character started out awesome and then got really fat! I tried buying celery, but it was hard to find and took forever for stores to restock it. Also, I had the hardest time sleeping with women! I kept doing everything I was supposed to: got their love for me up to sexual levels, talked to them, lead them to a bed, but then it would only let me sleep.

Obviously, those aren't big issues, but I want to have a kid and get the gamerscore points for it.

Are you talking about real life or the game?

"I really enjoyed Fable 2...until my neighbor revoked his "borrow" privilege and I was too cheap to buy it myself. I bought it recently, and plan to beat it before Fable 3 comes out. My biggest dislike about Fable 2 was that my character started out awesome and then got really fat! I tried buying celery, but it was hard to find and took forever for stores to restock it"

Krakalakachkn I know what you mean, that happend to my first fable 2 character to, but I found out that he got fat becase I spend my experience points on strength

I hope they fix that on fable 3

"I really enjoyed Fable 2...until my neighbor revoked his "borrow" privilege and I was too cheap to buy it myself. I bought it recently, and plan to beat it before Fable 3 comes out. My biggest dislike about Fable 2 was that my character started out awesome and then got really fat! I tried buying celery, but it was hard to find and took forever for stores to restock it"

Krakalakachkn I know what you mean, that happend to my first fable 2 character to, but I found out that he got fat becase I spend my experience points on strength

I hope they fix that on fable 3

Strength experience makes you fat in Fable 2? :O That's strange. The first one only made my character absurdly built. Never bought the second Fable seeing as I don't have an X-Box and only played the first on PC.

Are you talking about real life or the game?

Haha, maybe I should have been more specific. I was talking about the game. My first wife left me because I was never home to satisfy her...also, I couldn't figure out the damn sex thing!

lol I knew you were talking about the game. That was just a feeble attempt by me to be funny on the internet thingy.

I do hope they do some major overhaual for the co-op in Fable 3 though, Fable 2's multiplayer was horific. I want to see my own toon I made when I play on another friend's game and not some random just with my skills.

i'm gonna wait for it to come down in price before i get it. i'm looking forward tot he whole "overthrow a kingdom" spect of it :baalzamon: i'll probably rent it before buyign it though

i liked the realestate aspect of Fable 2 (i never played Fable 1 though). so them droping the earning money while the game is off sucks, as i as a major realestate tycoon in Fable 2 hehehehehe

Krak - the sex thing is kinda wierd. it's easier to accomplish as a girl character than a guy truely. but it can be done as a dude. just make sure to carry condoms :wacko: most of the chicks have nasty diseases :laugh: most of the chicks willing to give it out are in the more poverty stricken parts of the towns. also the town were the champion turnament is. i think you can only have sex if its a bed you own and no one owns the house. otherwise you get interupted and told your "breaking & entering" some will out right refuse to bed down in a bed you don't own. to get them interested you have to use the suggestive icon, the thrust one and the "come here, suggestive one" will work well. most will give you "not until i'm married" but ones that are interested will have the follow icon appear and will respond "i though you'd never ask"

the sex is nothing really though. it's funny the first couple of times, but gets old really quick. as for a family *shrugs* it just costs more really. though they give some good gifts as well.

as for the marrages ... my male character had a herrum going on. 3 wives at once in seperate villages. then one of the harpies erm ... i mean wives followed me to a different area and foudn out i was 2 timing her ... couldn't talk my way out of that :laugh: marraiges in this game seem doomed to fail, because no matter the sex, they just to demanding to keep pleased with having to roam around alot.

the one thing i didn't liek was that no matter how good my character was before going to the Spire, i always came out with horns and evil looking after the spire :dry: also, the game never forgot if you "accidently' killed an annying town perosn that kept pestering you for a marraige proposal and followed you everywhere :laugh:

Krak, you just have to make sure they are following you after you do that one come-back-to-my-place expression; that definitely works, because if they are just following you from the follow expression, they will not do anything - at least from my experience. And the strength category does not make you fat...wearing clothes, it makes you look super bulky, but if you take them off, your character is certainly built. I never ate food; it is mostly superfluous, plus you get the fat points for certain ones, which you have to buy celery or those slim potions on Knothole Island just to get rid of.

Lol, on one of my files, I had seven wives. That was the same file I got about 20 STDs, because I did not notice that statistic until later, and so that is a laughing point to my friends who play the game (and are mostly STD free). But, seven wives was not very fun because I was always travelling about everywhere, trying to keep all of them happy, instead of doing other things in the game. It got down to six, though; the wife I had in Bloodstone saw me kill someone when I did not even know she was close by, and she started to divorce me immediately. Does anyone know if you can actually stop a wife from divorcing you if she is in the process of doing it ? Because I do everything I can - make their happiness really high - but they just keep walking towards the exit of the area. My first wife I only married to see how exactly marriage works; then I harrassed her until she left because I did not really want to marry her in the first place :dry: .

But hey, if you only have one or two spouses, they are easy to maintain; I just set their allowances very high in an nice home. and visit them only once in awhile. Even if their mood has gone down from happy to fine, it usually fluctuates back up on its own without you doing anything. Now, if it says unhappy...you have probably been away too long and you need to get back immediately.

I always make my characters completely evil (I do this by killing waves of guards in the Graveyard or anyone who kicks my dog) and completely corrupt (by raising the rent ridiculously high in an area I do not really care about). Looks nicer than just a halo over your head, despite how everyone says being a "ghoul" makes you look like a zombie with horns.

You are right, Wolf King. That Henchman thing was just stupid :sleep: , but useful if you have a person willing to play a non-descript character to help you out in fights. I read somewhere, though, that Fable 3 will actually let you take a hero from another file as a henchman; so if you have a shared game system, your friend can play as his own hero with you. I hope that is true; that will actually make the co-op very enjoyable.

IT should be coming out soon right!?!

I have played Fable 1 & 2 and they both were really good in there own ways. Fable 1 had a better storyline and epicness about it while Fable 2 was less so. However in fable 2 it was really easy to get lost into your character. I've only played through fully once but I mean fully doing everything and that's on the game of the year edition eg I owned the whole of Albion! There was so much room for customisation. My bisexual chick was so awesome but the game was way way to easy. The last boss in the game I killed with two hits. IT's called time slow then a tier 5 lightning bolt :cool:

But the world is so fun to get involved with. As for the focusing on action/Adventure that sorta makes it more realistic than an RPG. It still has to customisation of an RPG so its the best of both worlds. You can have so much fun doing silly things. My gal had a miniskirt, stockings, top with a crop jacket in radioactive pink with white and blue for aesthetics. Blond Dreadlocks and sunglasses.

As for wifes there was a chick my gal wanted to marry, the ring was presented and everything after wooing her from time to time. But as I went to buy a house in Bowerstone Old Town she glitched out of the game! WTF I spent so much time trying to get her back noo! Eventually though I just went next and married another chick in the area. similar traits but not the same as sally :mad: I also married a few guys. The one from the quest where the ghost tells you to break the guy/girls heart. Yep him. So he kept on begging for a walk so I took him to bowerstone lake AND FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER I WAS ATTACKED BY HOBBES! And of course they didn't target me nooo. So lost by hubby and then our children were taken into protective custody boo!

I then remarried with a bisexual, kinky tattoist from knothole glade and we had some adventures! We organised a 5 way smooch of with the unusuakky high amount of kinky people in the area in our spacious abode overlokking a lake. Fun. My record for da sex though was 7 in bloodstone with the female prostitutes and some of the kinky men round town. She never got a STD. There is much more but this is enough.

As for the statues around town there was me playing an air guitar (lyre expression) crazy kung fu expression (sock puppet) point and laughing at the onlokker and of course sexy hero pose.

Fool around in the game and imagine your character with a full personality. Act accoringly and everything can become so funny! Pure and Good By the way :laugh:

Fable 3 will be even more fun. Remember to build your guy a character!

So there's going to be a PC version released of this game. I think I might be leaning more towards that version. I don't own an xbox 360 so I would have to buy one, but I'm not a huge gamer (though I know I could be if I owned a gaming system) and I don't really want to be a gamer. I have a very addictive personality so I don't think getting a gaming system would work out well for me :happy: Anyway what I wanted to ask do you guys think it would be pretty much the same, and better (for me) in the long run to just get the PC version?

@scott I played the original Fable and loved it. Didn't play part 2 because I heard it was a huge change from part 1 and just wasn't a good game. Now I am definitely going to play part 3 because I heard that it was "everything part 2 was supposed to be." So IMO you don't have to play all of them because they are different stories and such, but I would definitely recommend playing part 1 if you are looking for something.

So there's going to be a PC version released of this game. I think I might be leaning more towards that version. I don't own an xbox 360 so I would have to buy one, but I'm not a huge gamer (though I know I could be if I owned a gaming system) and I don't really want to be a gamer. I have a very addictive personality so I don't think getting a gaming system would work out well for me :happy: Anyway what I wanted to ask do you guys think it would be pretty much the same, and better (for me) in the long run to just get the PC version?

well relaly if the only game you want to get the system for is Fable 3 then stick to the PC version. it doesn't make since imo to buy the system for just one game. there are other games that i could suggest for you on the system, but really if your goign to buy a system i'd recomend the PS3 because the HDMI picture/sound is better quality, and it also plays Blueray (where as the 360 only plays regular DVD, or HD DVD if you have the driver attached to it).

if it was a PS3 i'd say go for it, cause theres more bang for the buck and alot of good games out there (like .hack//G.U. :happy: ) but until you find a few games for the 360 i wouldn't bother spending the $200 or so dollars.

I haven't played any of the series, are they corelating? Would you suggest playing 1-3 instead of just 3?

it depends on what type of RPG you like, really. fable imo is more of a dugeon crawler with a story line that kinda lacks. so if you don't like those types of games i'd suggest renting it before buying it honestly, that way you dont waste $60 on a game you'll never play. the game makes up for the lacking storyline in a bunch of other features, but if you like playing RPG's for only the storyline i wouldn't suggest it honestly.

i haven't played #1 but i have played #2; so i don't have much info on #1. but from what i can tell fromt eh jump from #2 to #3, the stories are only related in the back stroy, thats it. nothing that actually will effect game play or game enjoyment. for instance i jumped right into #2, even thoough i have no idea what happened in #1, it didn't hamper my ejoyment of #2.

the only thing i'd be timid about is the layout and graphics of the game. take the graphics of an older PS2 game and compare it with a PS3 game and you could be turned off because of how rough the graphics look. i ran into this problem playing Zelda games on my Wii. i got Ocarina of time, and in comparison to Twiglight Princess it was kiddish and un appealing in graphic design.

also, there might be a compatability problem, so if you do get #1, make sure to ask a clerk at Game stop or a clerk at a specailized gamming store if you need the compatability disk. alot of the xbox games aren't backwards compatable for the 360. with #2 you wont run into this problem becuase it was designed for the 360.

I loved the 1st Fable and played it through a few times to see the different endings and got the "lost chapters" expansion pack for it.

I never played #2 yet, I was put off by the bad reviews and not owning an xbox360 but y'all are saying its a decent game so im thinking about picking it up. Does #2 have a good replay value - is there anything to bring you back to the game once youve beaten it?

while its a good game, the maker of it hit the nail on the head. within 20 minutes of game play, you have a good sum of the entire game which makes the overall replay value or interest level.

since it's at a lower price, it's worth adding to your game collection cause it's one of those games you can play to relax & enjoy.

personally, i've never finished the game; nor do i think i ever will. i get to the half point of the game and just lose interest because i get unhappy with my character.

Archived