DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Cancellation Thread

Emperor

13 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you think will be canned next?

• Chuck
    • Outlaw
    • Undercovers
    • Running Wilde
    • Medium
    • Good Guys
    • Fringe
    • The Whole Truth

out of the ones listed, i'll go with Outlaw. watched part of the premire and didn't much care for it.

with Fringe, i figure it's pretty much run its course as an "X-Files" wanna-be show. the two main characters have already snogged so i don't expect it to last much longer.

Chuck i can't see getting cancelled. the spy shows are the new rage apparently, its a niche with few shows to fill. i don't watch it as i prefer Burn Notice most :)

good guys i knew woudl fall flat the first season, so i'm not wasting my vote. the cop shows are way to over done for new ones to really last long. (unless its Law & Order lmao)

the others i haven't heard of, so i don't know how to comment.

undercovers isn't Undercover boss is it?? cause that show is awesome :happy:

congrats to everyone that voted Outlaw.

After producing eight episodes, NBC has suspended production on “Outlaw,” its lowest-rated primetime show. The low-rated and widely reviled Jimmy Smits legal drama has aired three of its completed episodes, and NBC intends to air the final five.

Producers of "The Good Guys" have got to be nervous about this development.

NBC sources say if “Outlaw” improves more episodes may be ordered. I say NBC has “Dateline” and lots of unaired episodes of the reality shows “School Pride” and “Who Do You Think You Are?” ready to go.

Law & Order has that niche sealed up tight; any new show in that category wont do well because of the sheer amount & versatility of L&O shows. certaintly saw that one comming.

thanks for the update Emp :smile:

i dunno, theres not that many spie tv shows, so i'd give it a season before they start talking cancellations. those ratings aren't really that bad if it's close to South Park.

my money is on either Fringe or Good Guys. of course, i also didn't think Fringe would last this long :laugh:

Outlaw will be airing in Aus shortly and can I just say the production values are the worst I've seen on a tv show if the tv advertisements are anything to go by.

I don't know all the shows so can't comment on the lot.

I like Chuck, so I hope not.

I don't know Undercovers unless that's another name for Covert Affairs

I don't know Running Wild at all.

I think Medium has jumped the shark with some of the stories I've seen recently

I don't know Good Guys

I like some episodes of Fringe but not all. Over here it's been shifted around by the networks too much to be able to follow the arc behind the episodes.

I don't know the tv show The Whole Truth

I would prefer that they axe shows like Survivor and the Amazing Race.

I thoroughly enjoy the Amazing Race. I don't like reality too much but like this one.

“Medium,” CBS’ weakest, continues to nest at its all-time low. CBS will soon want to move it or lose it, I imagine.

“The Defenders” is falling hard, losing way too much of the “NCIS LA” audience. It is also now solidly CBS’ lowest-rated school-night series.

“Shit My Dad Says” still wins its timeslot, but loses a huge hunk of its “Big Bang” lead-in and, at the rate it’s falling, could be overtaken by “Bones” this week.

“Undercover Boss” is still big but hit a new personal low and even fell behind “Amazing Race” for the first time this week.

“Hawaii Five-0” is losing steam and could fall behind “Castle” if it doesn’t catch a bounce.

“CSI” hit another new low last Thursday.

“Blue Bloods” keeps losing ground and tied with “20/20” in 18-49 this weekend.

“CSI NY,” though way down from its Wednesday scores, was Friday’s top-rated show for the first time last week.

“Lie To Me” dipped below “Fringe,” and continues to lose the lion’s share of “House’s” audience.

“Raising Hope,” Fox’s top-rated new show, keeps losing more and more of “Glee’s” audience.

“Running Wilde” is collapsing in another enviable post-“Glee” timeslot.

“Good Guys” gave “Burn Notice” creator Matt Nix a bigger channel, a bigger budget and a bigger cast, but it’s an absolute disaster and I’m confused as to why Fox has not replaced it with “Glee” or “Bones” repeats.

“Whole Truth,” with expensive stars Maura Tierney and Rob Morrow, enjoyed a slight bounce last Wednesday, but still does not look long for this world.

“1-8-7” continues to perform even worse than now-cancelled “The Forgotten” did in the same slot this time last year.

“No Ordinary Family” is plummeting sharply, following the pattern established by early episodes of ABC sci-fi shows “V” (momentarily benched) and “FlashForward” (cancelled). “Ordinary” also launched much more weakly than “V” or “FlashForward,” so it’s coming close to cancellation range more quickly.

“Outlaw” was downgraded from production halt to outright cancellation over the weekend.

“Outsourced” continues its plummet. The third episode of “30 Rock” hit a 3.1 in that post-“Office” slot last fall.

“Outsourced” is not helping make less horrible the ratings for “The Apprentice.” With “Outlaw” gone, the Trumpfest is now NBC’s lowest-rated series. There’s talk of “Apprentice” swapping nights with one of the Wednesday L&O series.

“30 Rock” fell hard this week, hitting its worst number in a long, long time. (The worst, at least, since I started keeping track last fall.)

The good news for the falling “Undercovers” is “Chase” is falling even faster. “Chase” is now pulling “Jay Leno Show” numbers.

“Undercovers” is doing much worse than “Mercy.”

“Community” is getting hammered by “Big Bang” but it’s not far down from last season when it had to contend with “Survivor.”

“Chuck” continues to skirt its all-time lows, and is doing much worse than “Heroes” was in its slot last fall. But “Chuck” producers should be grateful for the disasters that are “Chase,” “Undercovers,” “The Apprentice” and “Outlaw.” The cancelled “Heroes’” fourth episode hit a 2.4 last fall. Could “Chuck” snag a back-nine order even if it dips to a 1.6?

Pricey “Parenthood” is also lucky NBC’s other hourlongs are doing so poorly this year. Even at 2.0, it still ranks fourth among the network’s nine hourlongs, behind only the two L&Os and “The Event.”

“The Event” continues to fall, but it is still NBC’s top hourlong without “Law & Order” in its title and easily the highest-rated of the network’s Monday shows. And “Event” is still doing much better than “Trauma” did in that slot last year.

“Law & Order LA” fell hard but still dominated its timeslot against legal competition “The Defenders” and “Whole Truth,” AND it’s NBC’s second-biggest hourlong after “SVU,” so it doesn’t look likely to go anywhere.

The lifespan for “Life Unexpected” doesn’t look any longer this week.

“Nikita,” which follows “Vampire Diaries,” is predictably The CW’s top-rated freshman.

i hope they dont even consider cancelling Parenthood. i LOVE that show. it's got great potential to last long, with an ever evolving plot line since it mimics daily life and characters everyone can relate to. it teaches good morals and vlaues and unlike some "family" drama-sit coms, this one actually does seem to mimic actual real life, not hollywood potrayed real life.

and unless Trump runs for president (which he's quoted saying he was considering it in 2012 race), i can't see them cancelling Apprentance. even with shoddy numbers, the show doesn't have to worry about funding and will only get cancelled if Trump is ready to let it get cancelled.

Undercover Boss i've been trying to catch, but it seems like Amazing Race keeps running over it's time slot which prevents me from being able to DVR the show :dry: so Amazing Race is sabatoging this show imo

I hope they don't cancel Chuck. I love that show, but then again I didn't expect them cancelling Heroes when they did. *le sigh* I will probably literally cry if Chuck gets cancelled.

I actually really like the new show The Whole Truth. I was super upset last night when they didn't show it, but instead showed a speical 20/20 on the miners. I think the show is clever, and I like how it shows both sides of the story, the prosectutors and the defenders, and how both prepare for the trial and how each come up with evidence and such. I hope it starts to do better.

Also my mom watched Medium and I hate that show. Always have. I hope that one gets cancelled.

• 4 weeks later...

“Undercovers,” the pricey new espionage action-adventure co-created by J.J. Abrams (“Alias,” “Lost,” “Fringe”), will not receive a full-season order, despite the fact that “Chase,” which gets similarly low ratings, did just get such an order.

From AMC:

AMC will not be renewing original series, "Rubicon," for a second season. "Rubicon" premiered on AMC on August 1, 2010 and was produced by Warner Horizon Television.

Following is a statement on behalf of the network:

"'Rubicon' gave us an opportunity to tell a rich and compelling story, and we're proud of the series. This was not an easy decision, but we are grateful to have had the opportunity to work with such a phenomenally talented and dedicated team."

• 4 weeks later...

Two Wednesday series bit the dust on Monday, following poor performances the prior week.

ABC yanked “The Whole Truth,” starring Maura Tierney and Rob Morrow, from its schedule after the legal series hit a new personal low.

FX decided not to renew the P.I. dramedy “Terriers” after it ended its season well below its very low peak. Series writers Shawn Ryan and Tim Minear, both vets of Joss Whedon’s “Angel,” move on to the new Fox crime drama “The Chicago Code,” which launches Feb. 7.

• 2 weeks later...

Krak - i dunno, "Sons of Anarchy" has a pretty large veiwer base on that channel.

Emp - any word on if Parenthood is comming back?? i know they were talking abotu cutting it because of the costly cast ...

also, i'm totlaly depressed right now. just got into Heroes only to learn it's not comming back for a 5th season *sulks*

• 4 weeks later...

Red, by the time you get through all the seasons of Heroes, you probably won't want a 5th season lol. The 4th season was actually pretty good, but I was happy with it ending where it did. Season 2 is okay, and Season 3 is just awful.

It will be Chuck. We've all seen this before with shows like Heroes. You may have viewers who are die hards, but those are not enough numbers for the network to want to keep it. Out of all the shows on the list, I'm pretty sure it's run the longest. I think they'd rather take out a show that has maxed out it's potential then 86 one that could still be in it's growing phase. Besides, Adam Baldwin needs to have his schedule clear, for whatever Joss Whedon does with Firefly in 2012 when Fox relinquishes the rights. XD

Castle was renewed another season... so your theory that anything will happen to Firefly in 2012 is kind of dead in the water without the main character. You also have two main characters dead, Summer Glau is in the Cape and Monica has a main role in V.

V is going to be cancelled, and The Cape looks absolutely horrible and bound for cancellation. My words were also WHATEVER Joss Whedon does. I'd be happy with another movie for crying out loud. And Nathan Fillion is not necessarily needed, especially if a spin off of sorts is developed. And as far as Book and Wash being dead, despite the fact that Firefly is a magic-less 'Verse, Whedon is a brilliant writer. Yeah, the chances of the series being renewed are quite slim, but many other things could be done. And not in 2012 even. lol I mean it will be in December of 2012 so the earliest anything will come together is 2014.

Archived