DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What Music Are You Listening To?

Hannibal King

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Metallica: My Friend Of Misery.

Draven - Nice to know there's another Child of Heavy Metal here, Iron Maiden all the way.

I'm a big Nightwish fan, got all the albums, may I ask why you don't like them Maj?

Oh, and if you can find it anywhere on the internet, I highly recommend Chaos On The Restless Seas by a band called Red Dawn. But then, I would, since I'm the drummer.

Metallica: Sad But True

The new Evanesence one I really like, but bits of it are a little jazzy for my taste. Anyone heard the new Papa Roach album? Got some very good stuff on there, the standout tracks are I Devise My Own Demise, My Heart Is A Fist and Roses On My Grave.

ILS

ILS

Keep on rockin' ILS! Though I'm more on the traditional side of rock/metal -- lot's of lead guitars and vocals that can reach those high notes. :)

Van Halen and Van Hagar are also my favorites, though what's up with them lately? Aren't they suppose to be back with Sammy or something?

Girlschool: Race With The Devil

Yep, gotta love Van Halen. A bit of Manowar? I went to the Air Guitar Championships the other day, the DJ there was great, there was Van Halen, Skid Row, lots of AC/DC, Boston, Def Leppard, Motorhead etc, all the classic rock stuff. Got my picture in the paper too, so I was rather happy.

Of course, there's a new Iron Maiden album out, needless to say it's awesome. Dark stuff too, but not quite The X Factor.

Yep, Hysteria is one hell of a riff, Time Is Running Out isn't exactly bad either. Try a Maiden song called Blood On The World's Hands, it has a fantastic solo bass opening, one of the riffs in there I'd say is the only competition to Hysteria. Oh, and the bass riff from the end bit of Have You Ever by The Offspring, and the bass break in Desire In Violent Overture by Cradle Of Filth. Oh, and let's not forget My Generation!

Currently playing - Iron Maiden: The Pilgrim

ILS

Yes it's me again! but what about Fear of the Dark at Donnington? Is that the best or what?

The best? Nah, but still pretty darn good.

Myself is currently listening to Dio - We Rock

Muse have gone down pretty big in the States, thanks to a tour they did with Metallica a few years back. Muse are hard rock enough to appeal to metal fans but at the same time have enough of a melodic element that they can also appeal to say Coldplay or even Queen fans. There's a bit of everything in them, which makes they pretty cool.

Archived