DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Diablo 3

Lynchgrinch

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude! I can't wait for Diablo 3!

I "borrowed" my friend's Diablo 2 game in Middle School and played it for a long time and beat it a few times. I was forced to return it, sadly. My junior year of High School I bought the Diablo Battle Chest (Diablo, Diablo 2, Diablo Game Guide) and played the hell out of Diablo 2 again. I just couldn't get in to Diablo no matter how had I tried. The lack of a chest to store my loot it (and one other factor I can't remember) made me not want to play it. I'm somewhat of a loot hoarder and need my space!

I've been keeping in touch with the news about Diablo 3. It looks so insanely awesome! I can't wait for it to come out and when it does, the wait will make it all the sweeter.

I think I just peed myself.

Awww, thats too bad about diablo 1, i suppose i can see where you are coming from though! if you realy look at it the mechanics of the gameplay are unbelievably crap! But i was playing the game from about age 10 yrs old so it's part of me now, everything about it is just awesome

Naturaly i wasted years of my life on the diablo 2 european west ladder just doing baal-run after baal-run endlessly until i got the item i wanted :rolleyes:

Diablo 3 looks ridiculously good though, cant wait till blizzcon in october so we can get some more news! Blizzard like to starve us even more than Robert Jordan did!

i pre ordered the game as soon as I could, cant wait!

wasted years playing Diablo 2

Didn't play LOD much, was too much like easy mode.

Pretty much played Barbs only, although I had the odd Nova Sorc or Java to rush cows when 1.09 was around.

What is this Diablo? People say it is good, but I have never really looked into it.

only the best RPG ever made! i suppose if you played it now you would brobably think it was rubbish, but back in the day it was the physical embodyment of awesome. Get Diablo 3 because it's gonna be immense

Infact if you wanna know more cheak out diii.net for anything you could possibly wanna know about the game :biggrin:

to be honest i gave up really after 1.10 as it was such a terrible patch. played the first 2 or 3 ladders. Got a classic barb to 90 and then stopped.

Yeah I think maybe they were drunk when they came up with Enigma.

Agreed, once you got enigma, nothing could beat you.

I think they were drunk when they thought up runewords in general! Glad to know that runewords won't be avilable in D3, it's gonna be a way more balanced game.

to be honest i gave up really after 1.10 as it was such a terrible patch. played the first 2 or 3 ladders. Got a classic barb to 90 and then stopped.

I think they were drunk when they thought up runewords in general! Glad to know that runewords won't be avilable in D3, it's gonna be a way more balanced game.

I played classic - so I never used runewords. I tried playing an expansion character once and thought it was utter rubbish.

I played classic - so I never used runewords. I tried playing an expansion character once and thought it was utter rubbish.

haha, i just gaped at the shiney new assasin and druid more than actual analysing the way the game had changed...but yeah i agree...classic D2 was beastly in every way... remember when Lord De sies could steal potions out your belt?

good old days :)

I never got into playing Diablo 2 online; I only played the campaign. It was fun enough for me!

I was the same for years, me and my brother would always try and race Single Player characters to Baal on Hell difficulty when we were younger, but 5 years + of that gets boring eventualy :rolleyes:

Moved onto Ladder playing and got hooked on that, racing the whole of the UK to get the best items/ highest Lvl etc...good times, FUN times...cant wait for a D3 ladder...it's great to feel the competition again. :happy:

EDIT: maby i should change the title of this to "DIABLO 2" haha :tongue:

Lynch ur not gunna beat me on the ladder :tongue:

In terms of de sies. I don't remember him stealing a potion off me but then again I rarely ever checked or counted how many I took as long as I stayed alive (full rejuves all the way).

Plus as I nearly always played a Barb I tended to stay well away.

For instance in 1.09 I would always do the grand vizier seal (usually by myself) in CS runs. Only time I ever went near sies when I was rushing on my speed barb.

I loved listening to LoD players going - Classic Barbs suck. They use Sigons...

It's like do they realise how much AR Sigon's gave on classic.

In 1.09 I had full dupe equipment but I would most of the time not use the gloves and pull out Sigons gloves and shield. I also loved Legit duelling. Was so different in the range of equipment used.

Cold Sorcs were just silly. Before 1.10 frozen orb was silly. After 1.10 Blizzard was just ridiculously silly. Although Nova sorcs prior to 1.09 were amazing. Cow levels flattened in under 2 minutes.

I also remember Bowazons before 1.10. They were silly. Sit a complete mile back with piercing multi shot and knockback with map hack on. An enemy never used to enter the screen.

• 3 weeks later...

So what is everyone's opinion on the Demon Hunter?

I like it, mechanically I always loved the traps and bow abilities of the Assassin and Amazon in Diablo 2 and this is basically just a take on those two classes *mechanically*

While the *story* behind the Demon Hunter basically makes them out to be "Ranged Death Knights", which while a bit trite...I admit I absolutely love.

Personally I'm looking forward to the class a lot.

Between the Wizard, Monk and Demon Hunter I'm gonna have a lot on my plate to decide what to play

Archived