DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Fall Ball

charis sedai

Charis lit the torches on the walls of the dance hall. It was a perfect fall day, late afternoon, the sun just starting to set. She opened all the doors to the patios and balconies outside so that the freh fall air would keep the dancers cool. One one side of the Hall, a table had been set up, and the Civilians had been filling it with platters of food all evening. It was loaded, practically groaning with food from the Tower's harvest. Although there wouldn't be a scheduled dinner time, she had had tables set up both inside and outside so her guests could enjoy their food and drink

6a00d83420576b53ef010535ba6a0f970b-800wi.jpg

living-room2.jpg

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Satisfied with the food, Charis turned to the rest of the room. The dance floor was gleaming, and all around the room, gourds and fall leaves had been arranged for the dancers to enjoy. Hanging from the ceilings were garlands of fall leaves hung together, and oodles of candles sparkled in corners and niches

harvest_garland.jpg

candle_lit_floral_trails_casa_real.jpg

All in all, it looked perfect.

fall-wedding-centerpiece.jpg

IMG_0006d.jpg

Smoothing her skirts one last time, Charis threw open the doors and called

COME ONE, COME ALL, to the Settlement's Fall Ball!!

Due to the autumn heat I remove my jacket and tie before coming to the ball...

IMG_0090.jpg

Looking around I see that there isn't enough spookiness for a BT ball and so using flows of air carve and bring over some jack-o-lanterns...

halloween-idea-floating.jpg

Now, thinking to myself, to find the love of my heart and the most beautiful thing around here... Following my bond I make my way towards to the ball where I feel my bonded bringing with me a set of flowers to try and compliment her beauty...

purpleRoseCorsageBIG.jpg

Hearing the bells through out the Settlement announcing the start of the Fall Ball, Lady Limi rushed through the halls as stately as she may so that she wouldn't be late, late, late for a very important date.

05.MariaLuisaCore.L.jpg

Arriving in time to see her Ashaman with his back to her she grinned like an idiot and snuck up as quiet as she could in her gown to tug gently on his coat hanging from his shoulder before hugging him from behind happily only to blush at the flowers.

Thank you my love, *kisses Al Jenn's cheeks while blushing then turns to face the BT*

HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE FALL BALL!! The Settlement occasionally throws such things! Feel free to request songs to dance to, post them your self, grab some food, shmooze the leaders, woo the (untaken) Ladies of the BT, or Vice Versa. PLEASE enjoy this! A lot of you are new members, feel free to get to know each other!

Rushing rushing... Alanna speeds her way through the BT, trying to figure out exactly where she was going. Settlement? Where's the Settlement?! Apparently she hadn't quite been around the BT enough-- too much spamming to stop and ask questions! Mmmm... spam. "Shut up Alanna!" she thought as she about tripped over her ballgown. "Gao"

green-bowl-gown-229x300.jpg

Apparently the Settlement Ball was today... and... Lady Limi would kill her if she was late. >_>

Rushing into the ballroom, she sees beautiful Fall decorations and jack o lanterns, tables, chairs, and lights-- a beautiful setting for any ball. Feeling self conscious, she inched along the wall, knowing that if she began to dance, she would most definitely FALL.... (no pun intended...)....

...despite being in flats.

orange+flats%21.jpg

*Bows to Ms. Charis* Thank you very much for setting all this up, if you need any help just let me know or send one of the civilians. Some of the newer members could use some practice floating things around and lighting candles.

*Feels a tug on my jacket and senses that my bonded is behind me. As I turn a small form tightly hugs me. Waiting the hug is released as I turn around and have my breath taken away from the beauty before me. After a few moments of speechless wonder I pick my bonded up and twirl her around happily.*

Shall we go mingle and dance Lady of the Tower.

Eeek! Thank you Auntie! You're the bestest! *drinks her diet with doctor* Yuummmmmm :lol:

Unfortunately, I must retire for tonight. Though I've only just gotten here, my parents are snoring on the couch and I can't possibly continue at the ball like this without sending them to bed, and me as well. *sigh* I shall be back tomorrow though, ready to dance dance (AND FALL!) until everyone laughs so bad it hurts! ^.^

Walking in, Adella smiles at the wonderful ball her sister had arranged. It looks great Charis love! Couldn't have done better by a longshot :biggrin:

Not ready to let go of the spring colors she so loves, she is wearing a light green dress with some easy dancing flats.

N81001009.jpg

Christian-Louboutin-Rosella-ballerina-flats.jpg

I'm ready to boogy!

I am not normally one to participate in gatherings such as this. However, the sights, sounds, smells ... they were too much to resist. I am humbled to have the opportunity to mingle in such surroundings with such people. Perhaps this is just a dream?

I am so far removed from my normal modus operandi that I am on the verge of requesting a dance with one of the lovely ladies in whose radiance I am currently basking. Then, I remember .....

two_feet.jpg

With two left feet, who would ever dance with me?

*hugs her sister, kisses her cheeks and examines her beautiful dress*

Adella, my love, you look stunning, as always! Can I get you anything? Drink? snack? Just let me know!!

Following Adella's entrance, Charis watches two of the newer members of the tower enter shyly. Charis quietly offered them both a drink, and lets them warm up to the atmosphere for a little while.

I think we need some tuneage in here! Let's see... a bit cliche, perhaps, but a wonderful song nonetheless!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-J7J_IWUhls&ob=av2e

*hugs her sister, kisses her cheeks and examines her beautiful dress*

Adella, my love, you look stunning, as always! Can I get you anything? Drink? snack? Just let me know!!

Following Adella's entrance, Charis watches two of the newer members of the tower enter shyly. Charis quietly offered them both a drink, and lets them warm up to the atmosphere for a little while.

I think we need some tuneage in here! Let's see... a bit cliche, perhaps, but a wonderful song nonetheless!

"Thank you Charis Sedi." Bram steps back and looks around the room. He is caught in the wonder of the decorations and the music. He has never been to a ball before, and to be invited to one so soon after coming to the tower, makes his head begin to spin.

Archived