DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Football - Premier league 10/11

Majsju

He'll be captain by 7, judging by Arsene's methodology.

I really would like the 'pool to stay up too. Ian Holloway is just too damn refreshing to go back to Championship (relative) obscurity. If results go thier way, they can lose and still stay up, I do worry about thier leaky defense though, as I don't see many goals going in for them. Despite an attacking style, the back four of Man U are formidable, and on thier day will not break a sweat keeping them out.

Plus they deserve to stay up over some of thier table neighbors. Wolves have come good lately, but taken over the whole season meh. Wigan and Birmingham also fail to excite.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, Blackpool certainly fought for it. And it was touching to see almost the entire Old Trafford cheer for Holloway as he walked out, hopefully he'll get to play there again.

Watching the celebrations, Michael Owen finally got to lift that trophybiggrin.gif

Watching Gary Nevilles testimonial, amazing to see Beckham, Butt and 2xNeville in the red shirt again.

In other news, rumour has it there is an ash cloud over Britain. Not true, in reality it is just a dust cloud from when Manchester City opened their trophy cabinet for the first time in 35 yearsbiggrin.gif

Well, Silly Season is about to start for real, that should attract some people. Especially this summer, because we should see United, Chelsea, Liverpool and of course city all go for big signings. Whereas Arsenals main action seems likely to be a player leaving, if rumours are correct about Wenger and Fabregas making a deal last summer.

What we should see:

Chelsea: A striker and a midfielder (or two) And a manager of course, but rumour has it Hiddink is on his way.

United: A keeper (De Gea) and a creative midfielder

Liverpool: Not sure how Dalglish thinks, but had I been in his shoes, I would have gone for a proven winger. Also, a longterm replacement for Gerrard, who does ot seem to have many season left on a higher level.

city: Should go for some creativity on the midfield. Also, a replacement for Tevez, who seems headed to Italy or Spain.

Arsenal: Already have the replacement for Fabregas in Wilshere. Should focus on improving the defence.

Barca were simply a class above. Just insane. Looking at Xavi's pass stats....my god. More passes completed in the first 45 than the ENTIRE MAN U 11.

Insane.

Signings, eh? Not sure. I have to agree with everything above, but I think the most interesting movements will be the Owens, the Carews and such, seeing where they end up. And of course what big, BIG names come into the top sides.

Rumour is strongly persistant about Ashley Young coming to Liverpool, all Villa are waiting on is confirmation of a replacement coming in.

Fabregas to Barca? I think it has to happen at this point. He will start decreasing in value next season I feel.

Rumours has it Chelsea are stepping up their efforts to get Neymar. Which in turn increases the chances of Drogba leaving, apparently Galatasary is planning a substantial bid.

Regarding Young, other rumour says he prefers United. However, a winger is hardly high on Uniteds list, it is the central midfield that is in desperate need of improvement.

Funniest so far - Rumour has it Evra is trying to convince Nasri to come to Unitedbiggrin.gif

Considering what happened against barcelona, Berbaov not even making it on the bench, one wonders if SAF is planning to try and use him as part of a Modric-deal.

Not necessarily, but they would have to change their gameplan quite a bit. Having Bale and VDV on the wings can be quite lethal (as Bale vs Inter proved).

In another part of London, Arsenal seems about to finish up their first signing, taking Samba from Blackburn. Makes sense that they would start by improving the defence.

Sebastian Larsson is not at all interested in playing Championship-football with Birmingham, and seems to be on his way to Sunderland. Aston Villa has also discovered that there might be some players to get from Birmingham, rumour has it they are eyeing Ben Foster and Scott Dann. And if AV is going shopping, it seem like they are already counting the millions seling Young will give them.

*puts hand up*

Though I guess that is because I follow the lower leagues! Plus he has probably run rings around my Championship Southampton side on Football Manager as well!

And Scott Sinclair is another youngster who has proved himself away from Chelsea.

Well, as much as I like it when managers get to stick around for a while, I think Holloway needs to move on. Blackpool simply does not not have the financial muscles to become a fairly stabile PL team, so even if they immidiatly bounced back up they would go back down again. And with that in mind, Fulham would be a great next step. Not a massive club that expects to win titles, but not a tiny club constantly fighting for survival either. So he could get some peace and quiet to put his mark on the team.

And listening to the rumours, Hughes is supposedly on his way to replace Houllier at AV. Makes sense, you don't leave a position as manager unless you pretty much have your next job already secured.

Meanwhile in London, Bendtner has decided to leave Arsenal, after a season where he has played from start about as often as Torres has scored. New club remains to be seen, but I would not be surprised to see him leave England. Italy next?

Well, Sevilla has been rumoured to be showing interest as well. Though, it does seem likely Bayern will be the next adress. Especially since Klose is rumoured to be on his way to Valencia, opening up a spot in Bayern.

Hiddink seems more and more likely to be the next manager for Chelsea. Rumours also places Mark Hughes as his assisting manager. If that happens, who would Aston Villa go for instead? If rumours are to be believed, Rijkaard has been asked.

After Evras comment about having tried to convince Nasri to come to United, media of course had to ask Nasri. Who did not rule out a move. Of course, since he just has a year left on his contract, it could just be a ploy to boost his wages a lot.

And everyone wonders what Rooney will look like next sason, after his recent hair transplant...

2zyvqtf.jpg

Not another Carlos Valderrama!!!

Ancelotti was supposedly on Villa's radar...until he announced he was having a year off.

I see Swansea have had an offer of £3.5m for Danny Graham accepted for Watford. He is a natural goalscorer at Championship level (leading scorer last season), so it could be a good bit of business.

Archived