DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

star wars and LOTR 3d

ironcross

I heard rumors of this a few months ago.  I officially will hate George Lucas if he sells out any more.  However, I will still love him for the original trilogy and the best movies ever made.

That said, both trilogies have the potential to be the best 3D movies to date...if they're done correctly. 

Hey Krak, do you really think they will be done justice?

Of course not little one, the 3D will just f*** up the beauty of the originals...unless more than a few months are spent on the conversion process.

But Krak, as an avid Star Wars and LotR fan, won't you be wanting to see them?

Unfortunately, being the giant nerd that I am, I will be forced, against my better nature, to view them in 3D.

But Krak, won't that make you a hypocrite?

Absolutely young padawan, but I can't resist the power of the darkside...I must obey my nerdmaster

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was raised on Star Wars and so my dad my lil' brother, my lil' sister and I will probably see them all based almost stircly on a loyalty to my dad lol. I myself find it extreme selloutish and really wish he would just do something new with the universe. He has complete creative control and there are just so many things he could do with it and it's extremely disappointing to me that he doesn't.

• 4 months later...

Amazon.com have posted up an entry for the Blu-ray release of the extended editions of "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy.

Though there's some ugly cover art and a pretty good trailer, no date for the release is specified other than a generic 2011/2012 one. The price is currently set at $84.

There's nothing really in the way of new features, but all the previous special features from the DVDs will be ported over to the Blu-ray release. All three films will boast 1080p video and DTS HD-MA 5.1 audio transfers.

The packaging calls this a 'Limited' extended edition. No word if that means only a certain number of copies, or more likely the set will only be available for a certain amount of time before being pulled from the shelves - much like Disney does with its animated releases.

lordblu.jpg

Too far, dude. Too far.

Also, hilarious reference.

The sabre fight at the end of ep3 would be pretty nifty. Lava and whatnot flying around...

Actually whilst it's a complete sell out, cash cow etc, I officially don't care. There is too much awesome potential to be cynical about it. Let the indie kids and hipsters whinge, I'm just a sucker for the Star Wars brand of kick ass.

Archived