DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ishamael = Moridin the same but different.

Vermillion

Its certain they are the same person but they seem a lot different.

Ishamael was certainly a devils advocate type figure. Playing and looking like the DO himself.  Covered in dark dark shadows and cavernous furnaces for eyes, he floated about giving DF's orders and scaring people shitless in dreams. He defeats were pretty super natural seeming and his first ended the endless winter it for whatever reason. 

It can be assumed his TP use(funny sounding to non fans) and being semi trapped is attributed to his appearance and personality but has it ever been fully explained?

Moridin appears to be more like a regular forsaken with no darkness or fire eyes or floating.  He is not posing as Balzamon and seems less mad.  I assumed this is because he has a new body and its giving him a clearer head. 

Ishy had a different agenda than Moridin.  He was trying to turn Rand, a bumbling farmboy, to his side.  Intimidation was part of the game.   

Moridin is dealing with the imminent Last Battle and a capable adversary.  His actions reflect a different set of circumstances.

Others here can prolly point out whether the caverns of flame was a physical result of centuries of use of the TP, which the Moridin body hasn't yet undergone.

Ishy had a different agenda than Moridin.  He was trying to turn Rand, a bumbling farmboy, to his side.  Intimidation was part of the game.   

Moridin is dealing with the imminent Last Battle and a capable adversary.  His actions reflect a different set of circumstances.

Others here can prolly point out whether the caverns of flame was a physical result of centuries of use of the TP, which the Moridin body hasn't yet undergone.

I thinks more than that.  Didnt he kind of shrivel up when Rand beat him once?  Winter ending because he was defeated.

Ishamael was also DO incarnant to his followers and even other forsaken. Moridin is more cold and calculated with his madness.  Ishamael had a whole super natural thing going while Moridin has far more typical channler type abilities.

I thinks more than that.  Didnt he kind of shrivel up when Rand beat him once?  Winter ending because he was defeated.

Ishamael was also DO incarnant to his followers and even other forsaken. Moridin is more cold and calculated with his madness.  Ishamael had a whole super natural thing going while Moridin has far more typical channler type abilities.

Moridin would seem to be more towards an Elan Morin personality than Ishamael definitely.  I'd have to say it was just all the TP use that made him much, much crazier.  He probably felt like he was the DO at that point with all the TP that went through him.

I think the Fire Eyes and Mouth were advanced Saa, I remember seeing that on here.  As for the crazy part, being half-caught between two temporal realities probably didn't exactly help.  I think some of Ishamael supernaturalness was from RJ thinking WOT was going to be a trilogy and more was from his advanced use of the TP.

I think the Fire Eyes and Mouth were advanced Saa, I remember seeing that on here.  As for the crazy part, being half-caught between two temporal realities probably didn't exactly help.  I think some of Ishamael supernaturalness was from RJ thinking WOT was going to be a trilogy and more was from his advanced use of the TP.

Yeah:

Q: What about the saa?  You wrote in a chapter, that there is a black hole before Moridin's eyes.

RJ: No, no, in the eyes. It is not before. In the eyes, inside the eyes.

Q: And can see through? (-?- unsure about this sentence. -?-)

RJ: It depends. When you are using the True Power. At first, when you begin using the True Power, there's nothing there. Nothing in the eyes. After you've used it for a while, you begin to have a black speck floating across your eyes, when you're using it.

Q: And then you see, other observers can see it.

RJ: No, you don't see it. You don't actually see it.

Q: I think it was the chapter when Moridin was observing with a cloak of fancloth. His vision was blurred by a rain of black spots.

H: But it didn't affect his vision.

RJ: It didn't affect his vision. You're aware of it, but it's not like there is blackness between you, because it gets thicker and thicker and thicker and you get to a point where if you've used it long enough you get a steady stream even if you're not connected. And you are then on the road, at that point, inevitably, to becoming what Ishamael was. Because these are stigmata, if you will. These saa are stigmata caused by a linkage to the Dark One. And eventually the effect is to become all fire eyes.  You no longer have eyes visible to other people. If they're looking into your eyes, they seem to be looking into caverns of flame that stretch to infinity. And when you open your mouth they see another cavern of flame that stretches to infinity. Because you've reached at that point the ultimate level of this usage and quite possibly, if you've at this point not been granted immortality, you're on your way to death. Not madness, but you're on your way to death. So it's sort of a race. The Dark One has given you this boon, but if you use it very much, then you'd better hope he is willing to give you another boon, because if he doesn't give you the second boon then you're dead. Some of the Forsaken have expressed discomfort with the fact that Ishamael and Moridin are so free with using the One Power.

Archived